• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He looks physically to be at about 75% of himself max and yet he's still contributing every match despite double teams any time he gets the ball near the box. It's remarkable what he's doing. I shudder to think what he could be producing if he was fully fit.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He looks physically to be at about 75% of himself max and yet he's still contributing every match despite double teams any time he gets the ball near the box. It's remarkable what he's doing. I shudder to think what he could be producing if he was fully fit.

He's been quietly getting back into form.

Instead of having three bad games in a row and still producing, he's getting to the spot where it's one bad half at most (where he looks tired and can't involve himself in the game) and the rest it's at least a very good footballer.

Today he was back to his old self for most of the match, taking players on, getting those final balls in, etc.

He's *almost* at that world class level. Like, inches away.

That's the difference between him and other offensive players in the squad right now, he can still produce when out of form.

Trossard, for instance, can be red hot and do a lot of stuff, but when he's off he really can't get anything done.

I just hope we're keeping an eye on his fitness and that we get someone who can play on the right and let him be subbed early or rotated. This is an Arsenal youngster afterall, and we always lose their later years to constant small injuries.

Batman

Instead of having three bad games in a row and still producing, he's getting to the spot where it's one bad half at most (where he looks tired and can't involve himself in the game) and the rest it's at least a very good footballer.

Today he was back to his old self for most of the match, taking players on, getting those final balls in, etc.

That's the difference between him and other offensive players in the squad right now, he can still produce when out of form.

Trossard, for instance, can be red hot and do a lot of stuff, but when he's off he really can't get anything done.

I just hope we're keeping an eye on his fitness and that we get someone who can play on the right and let him be subbed early or rotated. This is an Arsenal youngster, afterall, and we always lose their later years to constant small injuries.
Yeah I agree that his overall performance has picked up of late. I still don't see the burst of pace that I felt he lost around the Europa League exit last season but there has definitely been more to his overall game than we've seen in a while. He's absolutely banging on the door of world class. It's very impressive what he's able to do, particularly with the focus on him as the player teams are most keen to stop. Hopefully we can get a Neto sort so that he can get that rest and rotation to keep him fresh. We don't want him to end up like Jack or like Pedri and Gavi who seem to have been really hurt by being depended on so much at a young age.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We don't want him to end up like Jack or like Pedri and Gavi who seem to have been really hurt by being depended on so much at a young age.

Yeah, for me it's down to how relentless our press game is, we've seen this with Liverpool. After the third season or so the players start to look super knackered without their inhalers.

Wide players a bit less so, but he's also playing and exorbitant ammount of football right now for club and country.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not really to be honest...Cesc was a great all round CM before Arsène switched him more forward and made him an end product machine in 2009, with the strikers and wingers we had from 2004-2009 Cesc didn't need to score anyway.

I think if Cesc was around today he’d score way more goals. There’s just more goals in the league across the board due to the make up of the defenders (and gks). The rules etc.

Depends on if he’s in a team that plays him behind a striker though, unless they are midtable or below I don’t think many teams do that.

Riou

I think if Cesc was around today he’d score way more goals. There’s just more goals in the league across the board due to the make up of the defenders (and gks). The rules etc.

Depends on if he’s in a team that plays him behind a striker though, unless they are midtable or below I don’t think many teams do that.

I love that everyone knew a quality player back then just based on performances, Fab didn't need the stats to show how amazing he was...don't get wrong stats are important, but feel people care too much about them these days than watching the actual game.

Looked up 2005/2006 (Cesc's first season as a out and out starter) he got 3 goals and 4 assists in the Prem...people who didn't watch football then would see that and think he was average, yet he was a Golden Boy winning level centre mid that season ffs :lol:

Batman

I love that everyone knew a quality player back then just based on performances, Fab didn't need the stats to show how amazing he was...don't get wrong stats are important, but feel people care too much about them these days than watching the actual game.

Looked up 2005/2006 (Cesc's first season as a out and out starter) he got 3 goals and 4 assists in the Prem...people who didn't watch football then would see that and think he was average, yet he was a Golden Boy winning level centre mid that season ffs :lol:
He's still one of the most press resistant players I've ever seen. I genuinely struggle to think of instances of him being dispossessed. He was absolutely unreal at influencing matches at such a young age.

Riou

He's still one of the most press resistant players I've ever seen. I genuinely struggle to think of instances of him being dispossessed. He was absolutely unreal at influencing matches at such a young age.

17 year olds shouldn't be able to play like that, when you think about.

And certainly not 17 year olds in midfield and back in the Prem in 04/05 with how physical it was back then, only Patrick really clears Fabregas for Arsenal and that's a massive compliment to Cesc considering the other top midfielders we have had.

Batman

17 year olds shouldn't be able to play like that, when you think about.

And certainly not 17 year olds in midfield and back in the Prem in 04/05 with how physical it was back then, only Patrick really clears Fabregas for Arsenal and that's a massive compliment to Cesc considering the other top midfielders we have had.
Oh yeah what he was doing wasn't normal at all. To even get near the first team at 15-16 was ridiculous. Then to assume a leadership role as early has he did and drag some truly awful squads as far as he did was incredible. It's such a shame the way he left because he should have always been regarded as a legend here.

Riou

(No, he's probably not, but he's the closest thing we've seen since

2nd closest after this done, tbf...

12299852-0-Denis_Suarez_s_future_as_an_Arsenal_player_is_in_doubt_due_to_an-m-55_1560465692761.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

I just hope we're keeping an eye on his fitness and that we get someone who can play on the right and let him be subbed early or rotated. This is an Arsenal youngster afterall, and we always lose their later years to constant small injuries.

Nah he's been world class for a while now, we just have to accept it.

Top Bottom