• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 56 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's an end product machine, but I wouldn't pay to watch him play. Martinelli can be more pleasing on the eye, but he's hit and miss. What does one expect for a duo that cost less than a tenner. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.
I don't think any player on the current team is that smooth. Maybe Saliba, sometimes Partey. Miss the days of Wilshere, Cazorla, RVP, Özil, Rosicky and even Nasri etc Those guys were so natural on the ball.

Geofranco

Just one criteria buddy. Saka has him beat in numerous departments. Many players are easier on the eye than Saka tbf like Olise for example who is not currently in the WC discussion.

Saka is a struggle baller tumbling around the place and smashing in deflections, but he gets it done.
Now this is an exaggeration. Saka isn't that slick to watch, but he has his moments. Struggle baller would be Walcott after he lost some of his pace or Bellerin lol.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Dude is slicker on the ball with a better touch that's all he has over Saka.

Yes, ie he has better technique. That’s all I’m saying…

I don’t think he’s anywhere close to Saka though. Saka has him dead to rights on dead balls, physicality, shooting and decision making / mentality. And honestly on the other stuff like touch / passing / crossing / vision it’s pretty close though I think Foden edges it.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saw an interview with Luke Shaw saying how everyone looks forward to seeing Saka on international duty the most or some ****... @Macho this guy will never defeat that kid vibe will he, he's a grown ass man killing it in the Prem ffs 🤣

How Bukayo is seen in the football world...

a21f6b25467e0b4dd6070ef533dcd8d129c987aa.gif

How Bukayo dreams to be seen one day...

8033306360630b9123826ede00a09e415f75a239.gif

Geofranco

Saw an interview with Luke Shaw saying how everyone looks forward to seeing Saka on international duty the most or some ****... @Macho this guy will never defeat that kid vibe will he, he's a grown ass man killing it in the Prem ffs 🤣

How Bukayo is seen in the football world...

a21f6b25467e0b4dd6070ef533dcd8d129c987aa.gif

How Bukayo dreams to be seen one day...

8033306360630b9123826ede00a09e415f75a239.gif
Y'all are bored lol. Still on this narrative? Maybe Saka is just a lovely guy that everyone likes to be around. He might be very funny, genuine and charming. Some people are just likeable. While there are others that try hard to be liked and just come off as annoying, desperate and irritating.

Geofranco

Aesthetics is purely subjective though. I find athleticism (when done right) to be extremely satisfying to watch. I like the way Saka bulldozes his way past defenders or when the fullbacks roll off him when he turns and runs.

I used to be a big aesthetics merchant, a “technique supremacist” if you wish to call it. However, after talking to people who know their football, I've unlearned my prejudices and realised that elite football is more than how good your first touch is. Saka is not a poor technician, but he lacks flair so the football purists undermine his quality. Saka is very textbook in his execution. I've seen people say on Twitter that Anthony and Raphiba are better footballers than Saka.
That's why I always compare him to Kawhi Leonard. Not flashy, but very fundamentally sound and effective. To me the best type of player is one that can combine flair/finesse/creativity with power and agility. Like young Ronaldo Fenomeno. Never get tired of watching his highlights.

Riou

Maybe Saka is just a lovely guy that everyone likes to be around.

I didn't mind it at first, and agree in theory... but think it has gone a little too far now though.

When we won and he scored in the Champions League recently, the female presenter brought up how Saka told her he was so excited to make his Arsenal debut back in 2018 that his parents had to tuck him into bed...Saka looked like he wanted to headbutt her after that :lol:

While there are others that try hard to be liked and just come off as annoying, desperate and irritating.

download (10).jpeg

Geofranco

I didn't mind it at first, and agree in theory... but think it has gone a little too far now though.

When we won and he scored in the Champions League recently, the female presenter brought up how Saka told her he was so excited to make his Arsenal debut back in 2018 that his parents had to tuck him into bed...Saka looked like he wanted to headbutt her after that :lol:

View attachment 21808
Maybe y'all are just projecting. Nothing wrong with what the female reporter asked. It was cute then and just to see how far he has come. Probably the reason why the dude ended up dying his hair. Before you know it he'll get multiple piercings and a tattoo, even Messi succumb to the pressure of being seen as a nice lad.

Riou

I would just like to know what Thierry would have done back in the day, if an opponent described him as "adorable"...that's all I will say...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I would just like to know what Thierry would have done back in the day, if an opponent described him as "adorable"...that's all I will say...

Nah you're absolutely right it's dead, the guy is 22 but people talk like he's a teddy bear.

Saka just seems that way and Shaw is a simp anyways, Mourinho openly called him fat he didn't box him or nothing.

Geofranco

They would have never described Henry that way as he had a completely different personality lol. He was kinda an asshole if we're being honest, but that worked for him just like it did for Jordan and Kobe. Some people still call Steph Curry the baby faced assassin. Does that mean they don't respect him as a man? Y'all are reaching.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Mahrez touch and swivels were thing of a beauty. Yeah just a very elegant player. But at their peak saka will be better player

I missed this earlier but yeah. Mahrez had that incredibly rare bergkampesque ability to beat a man with his first touch from a long ball that makes me weak at the knees which explains both my username and also why I rate Riyadh so highly. Saka doesn’t. Or at least he doesn’t try… he always brings the ball elegantly under control with his first touch and then tries to beat his man. There’s a difference. Mahrez for me had arguably the best first touch in the prem since Berbatov and Özil who I put on about the same level.

Saka will be remembered (rightly) as being the better player when all is said and done. But that doesn’t mean he was better at everything.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He's an end product machine, but I wouldn't pay to watch him play. Martinelli can be more pleasing on the eye, but he's hit and miss. What does one expect for a duo that cost less than a tenner. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.

Bruh if anyone wanted to buy Saka and Martinelli off of us they'd be paying upwards of £200m

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Would people say Saka is the best winger in world after Salah?

You could make a case for son but he's played majority of matches as a striker this season.

I'd take Saka over Gnabry, Vinicus Junior and Sane.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yeah I don't get it. Apart from a run of 4-5 games this season where he got some lucky breaks, all I mostly see is some worldclass finishing and decision making in the box.

What strikes you on watching this is how good he is striking the ball with his weaker right foot. His left foot is phenomenal but the right is still very good.

Happy memories, we're lucky to be witnessing this bunch of players

Top Bottom