• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 38.6%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • No no at all

Votes: 15 11.8%

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal had 10 corners last night and I am sure Saka took the majority of them? I am banging on about this, but look how he played yesterday - this is how his numbers can flatter him a bit and this gets forgotten as he builds up his G/A tally.

Could have easily got an assist and a penalty on a better night and then you'd have a gun to your head getting pressured to call him WC.

If Saka is World Class then you'd have to call Saliba, Ødegaard and Rice world class as well as he's not clear of them they all operate at a similar level - making Arsenal a world class team.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Haven't seen you in a month mate, where you been?

You've been liking my comments the last couple of days, so why lie?

Here is a post you quoted of mine last Friday.

So tell me how you have not seen me in a month exactly? Like I said, why lie?

All to deflect from Saka's poor showcase isn't it?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

You've been liking my comments the last couple of days, so why lie?

Here is a post you quoted of mine last Friday.

So tell me how you have not seen me in a month exactly?

All to deflect from Saka's poor showcase isn't it?

Specifically this thread home boi

How's the weather been under your bridge mate?

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Specifically this thread home boi

How's the weather been under your bridge mate?

Here is my last comment on Saka back on Feb 13th

You didn't specify specially this thread so no need to backtrack.

Stick to the topic in hand next time. Saka was poor yesterday in a huge game.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Here is my last comment on Saka back on Feb 13th

You didn't specify specially this thread so no need to backtrack.

Stick to the topic in hand next time. Saka was poor yesterday in a huge game.

The entire team was poor, Saka actually played at least to a respectable standard; whereas basically every other of his teammates were well below their best.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal had 10 corners last night and I am sure Saka took the majority of them? I am banging on about this, but look how he played yesterday - this is how his numbers can flatter him a bit and this gets forgotten as he builds up his G/A tally.

Could have easily got an assist and a penalty on a better night and then you'd have a gun to your head getting pressured to call him WC.

If Saka is World Class then you'd have to call Saliba, Ødegaard and Rice world class as well as he's not clear of them they all operate at a similar level - making Arsenal a world class team.
They’re not gonna like this, I’ll give you a pity like so you don’t get ratio’d.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

They’re not gonna like this, I’ll give you a pity like so you don’t get ratio’d.

They don't have to like it :lol:

I was in the camp where I was going to wait until the summer to decide if Saka is world class or not as he's technically only had 1 class season and he does not inspire me one iota whenever I watch him it's kind of a chore.

Wenger flat out calling him WC has softened my stance on this though, after the players he's seen up close it's hard to argue against him. Wenger didn't even go to his safer more ambiguous "top class" description either, he said WC and top 3 English player without stuttering.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They don't have to like it :lol:

I was in the camp where I was going to wait until the summer to decide if Saka is world class or not as he's technically only had 1 class season and he does not inspire me one iota whenever I watch him.

Wenger flat out calling him WC has softened my stance on this though, after the players he's seen up close it's hard to argue against him. Wenger didn't even go to his safer more ambiguous "top class" description either, he said WC without stuttering.
Yeah I’m not gonna argue with Wenger either tbh. Elite Talent ID.

Still think he hasn’t proved he is WC but if Wenger says it, only a matter of time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s exceptional and flirts the line, but I think he has another leap to go yet to be considered, might even take another manager to get him there.

Still feels a little bit easy to mark him out of games, an element of Arteta to that but WC players, across any sport, find their own solutions.

It probably doesn't help that his standout attributes aren't that of a flashy winger. Needs to develop that swagger and presence you associate with the elite.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He’s exceptional and flirts the line, but I think he has another leap to go yet to be considered, might even take another manager to get him there.

Still feels a little bit easy to mark him out of games, an element of Arteta to that but WC players, across any sport, find their own solutions.

It probably doesn't help that his standout attributes aren't that of a flashy winger. Needs to develop that swagger and presence you associate with the elite.

His standout attributes lend themselves to a modern 8.

We really must sign an explosive, two footed wide player pronto.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Here we go again. Top players deliver every game nonsense. The whole team was poor. Let’s see what he does in the return leg and judge him on the whole tie

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Here we go again. Top players deliver every game nonsense.

I didn’t say this. I said his numbers are flattering considering he’s had plenty of games just like this. He could have easily gotten a return last night when he was ineffective.

Furthermore he’s not head and shoulders above Ødegaard, Rice and Saliba, so if Saka is a WC player then we’d have to consider Arsenal a WC team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I didn’t say this. I said his numbers are flattering considering he’s had plenty of games just like this. He could have easily gotten a return last night when he was ineffective.

Furthermore he’s not head and shoulders above Ødegaard, Rice and Saliba so if Saka is a WC player then we’d have to consider Arsenal a WC team.
Numbers decide football. How many things is Haaland great at? How does he look when he doesn’t score? Football is about production. Go to any league website and click stats. The first two stats that are counted are goals and assists

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Numbers decide football. How many things is Haaland great at? How does he look when he doesn’t score? Football is about production. Go to any league website and click stats. The first two stats that are counted are goals and assists

With all due respect to Saka he is not getting Haaland numbers so this extreme example doesn't quite work. There would be no WC debate if he was.

If Saka was 28/29 getting these numbers but putting in these performances there would be more scrutiny like we see with Toney and his reliance on set pieces (despite playing for a worse team).

jaystewart

You're comparing apples to oranges - you cannot compare what Saka does to Saliba. Scoring goals is the hardest task in football and saka is consistent.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Not sure why people are desperate to pile onto to him all the time. Never seen so many people desperate to discredit a quality player.
Nobody is denying that Saka is a quality player though, but the last few days Mitch has been telling me that Saka is better than Bale, Ronaldo and Vini

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Fairly quiet game I thought.

Looked pretty decent on the ball but didn't see anywhere enough of the ball.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not sure why people are desperate to pile onto to him all the time. Never seen so many people desperate to discredit a quality player.
I think it's a form of mental illness. It would be one thing if the guy was a detriment to the team like David Luiz and Mustafi disaster class. The guy actually brings value both in terms of image of the club and productivity. And where did all this world class narrative come from lol. I'm apparently his biggest supporter and have never called him world class.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
With all due respect to Saka he is not getting Haaland numbers so this extreme example doesn't quite work. There would be no WC debate if he was.

If Saka was 28/29 getting these numbers but putting in these performances there would be more scrutiny like we see with Toney and his reliance on set pieces (despite playing for a worse team).
Saka is simply a better all around footballer than Halaand while also being productive with end product. Very hard to do at the highest level.

Top Bottom