• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

fute

We've literally seen Saka show up in many so called big games so it's a dumb narrative. Many people said Messi wasn't clutch and couldn't win without Xavi or Iniesta for years. Messi even missed a big penalty in the Copa America. But he still had so many big moments for Barcelona and Argentina throughout his career.

So now Saka is Messi. I thought he was Salah. Or is he Vini, Jr.?

Hard to keep track.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They don't have to like it :lol:

I was in the camp where I was going to wait until the summer to decide if Saka is world class or not as he's technically only had 1 class season and he does not inspire me one iota whenever I watch him it's kind of a chore.

Wenger flat out calling him WC has softened my stance on this though, after the players he's seen up close it's hard to argue against him. Wenger didn't even go to his safer more ambiguous "top class" description either, he said WC and top 3 English player without stuttering.

Yeah that was it for me 😁

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's not a elite 1 v 1 winger like Salah, nor is he an elite playmaking wide man like someone of the ilk of Di Maria at his best...but he's a really good mix of both (not saying he's as good as those two so you can relax AM ((I know how much this forums hates praise for Bukayo!)) just comparing styles)

If he was playing Burn, physically I think Saka could have killed him...but up against fast fullbacks like Livromento, he has the intelligence to kill them too...an excellent young player.

Also this Rio "world class" Ferdinand has to go away, it's just a gimmick at this point and has long jumped the shark on even if Rio thinks he's world class or not...he's just doing it for engagement online and it's why I hate modern pundits, he's almost 50 years old ffs...grow up!

Takes away the performances of an outstanding young man.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Good game after that poor showcase on Wednesday.

Saka has the games to stadpad (Brentford/Sheffield United) and against Chilwell he will have him on toast.

Man City after that and we don't play well against them so we'll see what Saka does to them as Anfield/Etihad are two grounds Saka does not perform well unfortunately.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to do this against Porto at Emirates he best player in league in last 7 games he got 9G/A and not only that he been preforming very well too

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's not a elite 1 v 1 winger like Salah, nor is he an elite playmaking wide man like someone of the ilk of Di Maria at his best...but he's a really good mix of both (not saying he's as good as those two so you can relax AM ((I know how much this forums hates praise for Bukayo!)) just comparing styles)

If he was playing Burn, physically I think Saka could have killed him...but up against fast fullbacks like Livromento, he has the intelligence to kill them too...an excellent young player.

Also this Rio "world class" Ferdinand has to go away, it's just a gimmick at this point and has long jumped the shark on even if Rio thinks he's world class or not...he's just doing it for engagement online and it's why I hate modern pundits, he's almost 50 years old ffs...grow up!

Takes away the performances of an outstanding young man.
I'm fine with people saying he's not quite World Class yet. He's very close but I can see wanting him to prove it over a longer period. He is absolutely miles clear of Foden though and anyone who can't see that is a clown which is precisely what Punch Drunk Rio is.

Black Noir

I'm fine with people saying he's not quite World Class yet. He's very close but I can see wanting him to prove it over a longer period. He is absolutely miles clear of Foden though and anyone who can't see that is a clown which is precisely what Punch Drunk Rio is.
Foden on the left is maybe the best option yeah. Bellingham's best position is CAM so give him that role and Foden is clearly better then Grealish, Rashford and Sterling and should start
People forget You’d forfeit playing Bellingham in his best position to play Foden even though he rarely plays in that role for city , couldn’t even establish a starting spot for city , In the 50 plus games, Foden … I think he played in the CAM role twice lol ….he should be first choice LW for England. HE does not get in the 10 position because he is not better than Bellingham. With Foden he goes LW for me as Bellingham is clearly 10,

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
For me, he's top class and even when he's off, I'm still expectant when he has the ball. The goal today was just smooth. Star Man.

Riou

253edf33e36f42b83506985315acb5a5.jpg

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Foden on the left is maybe the best option yeah. Bellingham's best position is CAM so give him that role and Foden is clearly better then Grealish, Rashford and Sterling and should start
People forget You’d forfeit playing Bellingham in his best position to play Foden even though he rarely plays in that role for city , couldn’t even establish a starting spot for city , In the 50 plus games, Foden … I think he played in the CAM role twice lol ….he should be first choice LW for England. HE does not get in the 10 position because he is not better than Bellingham. With Foden he goes LW for me as Bellingham is clearly 10,
I don't think Foden is a bad player and he should certainly play over the players you mentioned but I just find it wildly disrespectful for anyone to compare him to Saka based on their individual resumes.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Not to mention Saka is 16 months younger than Foden. Whilst being well ahead of him in actually carrying his team.

I can’t see Foden having the same level of impact if he was playing for us instead. The closest comparator to Foden in terms of role would be Ødegaard and again there is only one clear winner there

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

All this Foden and Saka talk is getting a bit tiresome.

Got to settle this machine for machine 💯

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm one of Saka's biggest stans on here, but I'm going to go against the grain on the Saka vs Foden debate. I think Foden is currently playing at 90% of his capacity when he is forced out wide. Foden is an attacking midfielder with elite technical qualities. However, Pep doesn't trust Foden in the middle, and it's telling that Pep blew millions on Nunes and Kovavic to replace Gundogan, who I believe are both inferior players to the Englishman.

Funnily enough, some people here believe Saka's best position is in the middle. Perhaps Saka is also playing at 90% of his potential. Who knows. It's an interesting debate between two premium talents. I don't think we've seen something like this since the Scholes vs Lampard vs Gerrard debates in the early 2000s.

Riou

The Scholes v Lampard v Gerrard debate for best ever Prem midfielder always seems so obvious to me, tbh...it's wrong.

The debate should be between Patrick Vieira and Roy Keane, with Paddy easily winning to anyone with eyes...same way Bukayo clears Bowl Cut Walter.

PS... Walter is Foden's middle name, imagine your Starboy being called that 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom