• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 38.6%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • No no at all

Votes: 15 11.8%

• Total voters

Black Noir

Scholes. Then Lampard. Then Gerrard.

Debate done.
Scholes was a world class player, but his individual ability is overrated in the Lampard/Gerrard debate. These two are ballon d’Or nominated players. They all played in the same era, yet individual awards suggest Lampard/Gerrard were rated more highly.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Scholes was a world class player, but his individual ability is overrated in the Lampard/Gerrard debate. These two are ballon d’Or nominated players. They all played in the same era, yet individual awards suggest Lampard/Gerrard were rated more highly.

Scholes’ prime predates Lampard and Gerrard?

Idk why that post got red cards anyway lol it’s not like I’m saying Sean Longstaff was better than Gerrard, it’s Paul Fking Scholes fgs 😂.

Some people here just way too emotional.

The main point I was trying to get at was that I personally didn’t rate Gerard that much and have said so many times. He was an athletic passion merchant with god awful technique and absolutely no sense of tempo and was carried in many ways by the sublime Xabi Alonso.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Scholes’ prime predates Lampard and Gerrard?

Idk why that post got red cards anyway lol it’s not like I’m saying Sean Longstaff was better than Gerrard, it’s Paul Fking Scholes fgs 😂.

Some people here just way too emotional.

The main point I was trying to get at was that I personally didn’t rate Gerard that much and have said so many times. He was an athletic passion merchant with god awful technique and absolutely no sense of tempo and was carried in many ways by the sublime Xabi Alonso.
Agree regarding Gerrard. Disagree about Scholes, Hollywood pass merchant with zero defensive ability or awareness and would've been permanently banned from playing football in most other countries for his criminal tackles.

Lampard was levels ahead of both, never understood how that was ever a debate in England.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Agree regarding Gerrard. Disagree about Scholes, Hollywood pass merchant with zero defensive ability or awareness and would've been permanently banned from playing football in most other countries for his criminal tackles.

Lampard was levels ahead of both, never understood how that was ever a debate in England.

Yeah you’re probably right tbh, I have them about the same level but my opinion is admittedly biased as I rated the Scholes era of football so highly.

Lampard was definitely the most complete of all 3 anyways

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
season 2 stir the pot GIF by MTV Floribama Shore

Just posting, don’t shoot the messenger

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Major league worm activity from @A_G here 🪱

Lays the seeds for saying Saka is better than Vinicius but then majorly backtracks with him having to do it in the Semis of the CL etc.

Top Bottom