• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 58 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 78 50.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Nah fr tho F all the social media football fans, pundits, journalists and whoever else. They had the finger trigger ready to sh*t on Saka like they have done most tournament for no reason until he bailed this country out again.

There’s no respect here.

Your words move me.

Which makes me think they aren’t your words…

sub_sub

Was watching it with a few non-Arsenal fans, and when Saka stepped up I could hear a few groans of disapproval. However, I was quietly confident he would dispatch his pen based on how he didn't shy away last year and scored in other penalty shoot outs. Glad he got his redemption moment though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's a top man as well as a top player. His interview and Bellingham's were fairly subdued. Those two worked their socks off unlike Kane who had the energy to be exuberant, having done nothing. The pundits attitude is disappointing and I hope someone will step up to shame them.

jaystewart

Not one to praise Southgate but he gave Saka more freedom to express himself than we're use to seeing also making runs in behind and being picked which doesn't happen at Arsenal. He's clearly got dimensions to his game we aren't fully utilising at Arsenal.
Southgate who isn't half the manager Arteta is and barely works with Saka is getting more out of him than Arteta... or Saka shines when Ødegaard isn't around?

Macho

North London Forever
Dusted 🔻

Not one to praise Southgate but he gave Saka more freedom to express himself than we're use to seeing also making runs in behind and being picked which doesn't happen at Arsenal. He's clearly got dimensions to his game we aren't fully utilising at Arsenal.

Lmao nah man.

If anything Southgate has made me appreciate the work Arteta’s done. Despite the billions of talent at Southgate’s disposal England are dire.

Saka is pulling up trees despite Southgate, this is all him. We’ve seen him drag Europa era of Arsenal out the mud in similar ways.

outlawz

Southgate's waistcoat knitter
I mean this spells it out clearly that it’s not looking good for Saka long term. It’s not an imaginary problem gooners have made up.

Thankfully genetics and youth has gotten him through, but he’s only 22 and already just 100 starts away from playing the equivalent minutes of Wrighty’s entire career.

I think people are fixated on his age (which is irrelevant) rather than his current ability and years of service (very relevant). He's produced 4 or 5 seasons now as a first team starter and will likely have produced another 4 or 5 before he falls off a cliff.

What difference does it make if he had his most effective years between 17-27 or if he broke through later in his career and had those years between 21-31?

He plays about as much as most top players do and less than some others. The way Arsenal fans go on is like he's playing way more than everyone else, which is why it's an imaginary problem.

He plays more than most players his age, but again, why does his age matter? He's a world class player today and is utilised as such, whether he gets indispensable player minutes at 22 or 27 is moot.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
You wrote:

and my response was that you were completely wrong. And that response was completely correct which I made clear. The game against Switzerland changes nothing.
Jesus you’re boring. Why do you bother following Arsenal/football out of interest?

You’ve never been correct about anything— Saka has 11 motms in 28 starts for England

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]
Top Bottom