• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

Tnegs

I think some context is needed here. Cesc used to drop off at the end of the season as well after being amazing for most of it. Saka is young and he’s obviously carrying an injury. The lack of cover is a real problem which needs to be addressed so we can rotate more and keep him fit for the final run in.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Saka failing to beat the first man in his corner (last kick of the game), pressure got to him once again.

Raya is in the box aswell

This is a not player who can handle when things matter, stop putting him on a pedestal he doesn't belong.

Co-Commentator "oh my word" :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't know man. When I see Saka destroy France in the world cup I don't think it's talent or consistency issue. I genuinely think the guy is gassed mentally and physically but will never admit it. He is very competitive and eager to please. He'll be off to playing in the Euros this summer so another summer with no rest and recuperation. We saw the same thing happen to Alexis Sanchez. The guy looked like he lost his talent overnight in the 17/18 season. Years of constant football for club and country, he got burnt out.
We'll see with time, while I see him playing up to the highest level I still don't see the standout attrubute that will make him the star man on a team.

He does everything well but to be a world class winger without absolutely elite atleticism, shot creating or dribbling ability is tricky, not impossible but when I think of the world class wingers of past and present they all had at least one of those things.

Haphazard

Saka hasn't been great but some people on here are talking about him like he is Titus Bramble

He consistently scores against the Top 6 , he's performed in the wc so don't get where this narrative of ghosting comes from.

He literally scored vs Bayern last game

Not saying he doesn't have bad games but people don't realize the amount of minutes he plays, the amount of times he gets kicked, playing through injuries etc will all take a toll.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
We'll see with time, while I see him playing up to the highest level I still don't see the standout attrubute that will make him the star man on a team.

He does everything well but to be a world class winger without absolutely elite atleticism, shot creating or dribbling ability is tricky, not impossible but when I think of the world class wingers of past and present they all had at least one of those things.
I think there are not that many super talented wingers in this era than previous ones. But I always considered Hazard a world class player and 22 year old Saka has put up better stats than he did in his prime. Saka obviously doesn't have the natural ability of Hazard, but I think he has more natural talent than people give him credit for. Honestly just think he needs an extended break and genuine competition for that RW position. It'll be good for him and the team. Maybe he is not talisman, but imagine if the team had a clinical CF, RW competition, another dynamic midfielder or even another direct and explosive fullback. White is good, but he doesn't really provide much of a threat as a dribbler either. I still don't think this is Saka's final form. I see a lot of Goals and assists in him. That's why I was so sure of his potential as a starting winger for the first team. With a proper CF, I genuinely believe Saka has the talent to break Henry's assist record.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Saka failing to beat the first man in his corner (last kick of the game), pressure got to him once again.

This is a not player who can handle when things matter, stop putting him on a pedestal he doesn't belong.

I don't expect a player to have much lift after 90+ minutes of intense UCL football. I don't know if it's trolling, but why are some of you so hellbent on labeling a player that literally carried the team for a couple of seasons a choker? He also does well for England during international tournaments and has been one of the best EPL players the last two seasons and is still only 22 years old. There is no way some of you genuinely support Arsenal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Perfect example of our players not knowing how to divert from the playbook. It's the last second of a quarter final, just get into the box rather than a rehearsed routine.

Haphazard

I don't expect a player to have much lift after 90+ minutes of intense UCL football. I don't know if it's trolling, but why are some of you so hellbent on labeling a player that literally carried the team for a couple of seasons a choker? He also does well for England during international tournaments and has been one of the best EPL players the last two seasons and is still only 22 years old. There is no way some of you genuinely support Arsenal.
Saka is Arsenal's main player at 22 , he has been the only consistent performer when we were languishing in 8th place look at his competition

Foden matches him because in many matches he comes on as a sub when City are already ahead, don't get me wrong he is quality and has performed in the big matches as well but doesn't have the same responsibility as Saka does.

Cole Palmer is very talented but this is his breakthrough season, the key word is consistency and a lot of his goals have been penalties.

I'm less mad at him and more mad that we were to cautious to try and hurt Bayern and Arteta had him and Matinelli play like Wingbacks.

andeoch1

Over two ties Martinelli not once just run at Kimmich. Every time he gets the ball it’s control and pass in field. He basically plays like you do in training when you have passing exercise and you put a guy on the line and use him as a method to keep the ball. You pass to him when nothing is on and get it back like a wall. People need to watch saka videos 2 years ago. He is not the same player
That’s all on Arteta, coaching their natural footballing instincts out of them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth a low-key Saka hater 😂 😂. Wishes Reiss Nelson or Xavier Amaechi was in his place. But it's okay, I despise Nketiah, we all have our favs and our scapegoats.
On the contrary, I'm firmly Saka Defence League. I think people are going way overboard in their criticism here.

He's our most productive forward and has been for more than one season. Had the **** kicked out of him religiously, currently nursing a reoccurring Achilles problem. He has a fair few **** games this season after carrying our attack for a large part of his senior career - while carrying said injury - and people lose their minds :lol:. It doesn't surprise me so I don't waste time arguing about it but IMO everyone's definitely doing too much. Even the world class/not world class conversations are largely redundant to me. But if there is anyone who has credit in the bank with me, it's Saka. He's not above critique but let's be real here :lol:. Leave the dead slander to salty rivals!

jaystewart

We are a one dimensional team and have been for ages. Saka, Auba, Sanchez, RvP. We haven’t had two players capable of hurting a top team at the club for a long long time. We’ve played city and Liverpool 6 times this season and only managed to score deflections, rebounds and set pieces outside of Trossard’s brilliant solo goal. That’s alarming. When you only have one serious threat, I imagine it is easy for opponents to manage you. There is no coincidence that we’ve witnessed opponents start kicking lumps out of Saka, double up on him and try show him the corner flag in the last two seasons. He’s the only player who could get in the Madrid line up at Arsenal… nobody else would get a sniff. He is not Mbappe, Salah or Vini but the disrespect is getting a bit absurd. There are more appropriate places to channel disappointments.

Top Bottom