• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
Honestly don’t think I can recall a bad Saka performance or run of form since he broke out. Excelled at LWB, LW, RW under different managers in different teams. Only 21 years old, arguably already the best RW in the world, mentality and football IQ is off the charts, leading Arsenal to a title challenge against the odds, England’s best player in a World Cup, hale end product, ridiculously sound human being etc etc.

All for diversity of opinion but have to seriously question anyone who has slandered this guy’s career so far. Short of demanding he transform into Messi, I’m not sure what more he could possibly have done. He has been absolutely phenomenal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How has just reading the words "Football IQ" managed to get me to laugh a little, AM is the best :lol:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
On talent alone I think he's clear of everyone tbh, but he's competing with what many would consider the GOAT left back who had an immense career. Obviously not the most popular guy around here though.
I would have Wilshere above probably. Bit hard to say since his career got ruined by injuries. . He was meme:ing on the best midfielders in the world at 17

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Honestly don’t think I can recall a bad Saka performance or run of form since he broke out. Excelled at LWB, LW, RW under different managers in different teams. Only 21 years old, arguably already the best RW in the world, mentality and football IQ is off the charts, leading Arsenal to a title challenge against the odds, England’s best player in a World Cup, hale end product, ridiculously sound human being etc etc.

All for diversity of opinion but have to seriously question anyone who has slandered this guy’s career so far. Short of demanding he transform into Messi, I’m not sure what more he could possibly have done. He has been absolutely phenomenal.

I mean, some of the takes are old tho. This is his first true elite season and he has to keep it consistent to be considered a mainstay with the big boys.

Mind you, everything points towards him at least keeping this level, if not reaching that top, top tier reserved for guys contending for best of the best/Balon d'Or.

Go back far enough and some people were saying he was going to be a LB (a really good one, mind you) or being adamant that he wouldn't renew his first contract with Arsenal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There are certain posters here who said saka's ceiling was Malouda. After that, you can't really take what they say seriously. It's def trolling
Tbf he couldn’t really shoot for a few seasons and looked to be more of facilitator. Now his finishing has improved that comparison isn’t accurate. Hope that makes sense?

At the end of the day saying his ceiling (not sure I even used that term) is a key player in a PL and CL winning team isn’t the insult you’re trying to make it out to be.

Since he improved his goalscoring I’ve said the sky is the limit for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No idea why that would even be a slight tbh. Malouda was top class for a couple of years, a nailed on starter in a team that won 3 FA cups, the CL and the league.

Played 80 games for France as well. Literally started in the World Cup final. He was a brilliant player.
Thank you Dok. I’ll make sure we add on 10M to the rice fee.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Tbf he couldn’t really shoot for a few seasons and looked to be more of facilitator. Now his finishing has improved that comparison isn’t accurate. Hope that makes sense?

At the end of the day saying his ceiling (not sure I even used that term) is a key player in a PL and CL winning team isn’t the insult you’re trying to make it out to be.

Since he improved his goalscoring I’ve said the sky is the limit for him.
He could always shoot though. He just struggled with a bit of composure. It was clear he just needed reps and experience. A player like Nketiah for instance can't shoot and it was obvious since he played U18 football. I don't know, maybe I just watched too much youth football in that dire period for Arsenal. First team was a shambles, not going anywhere, unlikeable players, terrible football to watch, the academy players were way more exciting to watch from around 2015-2021. So I got to see Saka a lot and it was obvious to me he had everything to become a star. I never said the things I said about Saka for ESR or Reiss Nelson. I never even rated Nketiah, so it wasn't like I was blinded by academy bias. Only concern for Saka to me was the consistency of his first touch and sharpness in his link up play.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
In terms of best modern academy products you can't put him above Ashley Cole yet.

Cole was pretty indisputably the best player in the world in his position for a number of years. Given time I expect Saka to usurp him but not yet.

MikeVinna

Established Member
In terms of best modern academy products you can't put him above Ashley Cole yet.

Cole was pretty indisputably the best player in the world in his position for a number of years. Given time I expect Saka to usurp him but not yet.

Yeah and I also feel fullbacks of that level are more of a rarity than elite wingers. I despise Cashley for moving to that lot but he really was an immense player. Best of his generation in his position. Until you can make those claims about Saka he’ll be behind. But winning the league this season against those cheating Etihad boys would go a long way.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Found this by a fast search. Not sure who made the Malouda comparison first (?), but wouldn't surprise me if it was @Trilly as he didn't see Saka as a prolific winger. This was at the end of last season.

Btw. what's really funny about this one, is that Trilly thinks Saka's goal scoring ceiling is Bernardo Silva rather than Mahrez.

According to Transfermarkt, Silva has scored a goal per 397 minutes in his EPL career. Even last season Saka scored (the message was posted 21st May 2022) a goal per 375,5 minutes, and I don't count those two penalty goals from Saka for fairness.

So basically @Trilly thought that Saka had already hit his ceiling as a goal scorer at 20 years old. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Btw. what's really funny about this one, is that Trilly thinks Saka's goal scoring ceiling is Bernardo Silva rather than Mahrez.

According to Transfermarkt, Silva has scored a goal per 397 minutes in his EPL career. Even last season Saka scored (the message was posted 21st May 2022) a goal per 375,5 minutes, and I don't count those two penalty goals from Saka for fairness.

So basically @Trilly thought that Saka had already hit his ceiling as a goal scorer at 20 years old. :lol:
No, he said that Saka still had something to prove in that regard:
I’m still yet to see evidence of shooting/finishing being one of his standout traits.

Until then as a ball dominant winger his goal scoring ceiling is more Bernardo Silva than Mahrez. Still very respectable ofc.
“Until then” means it’s still to be determined and could change.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We’ve actually struck gold with this lad. One of the best things about him that doesn’t get mentioned a lot is he’s left footed. How many elite left footed right wingers have there been in the last 15 years? Messi/Salah/Bale/Robben are the ones that spring to mind.

It’s one of the rarest “profiles” in the game, yet one of the most important to balance an attack (the guys above formed probable the 4 best front lines of the last 15 years as well).

We are truly blessed with this guy.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No, he said that Saka still had something to prove in that regard:

“Until then” means it’s still to be determined and could change.
Saka was already at Silva levels in regard of goal scoring last season so this looks really funny like I said. How can his ceiling in goal scoring be at Silva levels if he is there already? Ceiling talks about potential, not the current level, unless you think the current level is the ceiling.

Of course he says "until then" so he has an excuse for these comparisons. It's prime GDeep methods. He always doubted Saka's finishing ability, and now that Saka has shown he can shoot and score, he can just say Saka has suddenly in under a year developed his finishing from almost zero to hero, so to speak.

He said in the same message, while also defending the comparison with Malouda, because Saka doesn't score enough for him:

"he could be prolific a la Sterling but I don’t think Saka is a wide forward."

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Saka was already at Silva levels in regard of goal scoring last season so this looks really funny like I said. How can his ceiling in goal scoring be at Silva levels if he is there already? Ceiling talks about potential, not the current level, unless you think the current level is the ceiling.
I don’t think he meant it literally.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Great that you seem to know what Trilly meant. Why the urge to defend him? You were in the same camp about this matter?

I mean you’re guilty of EXACTLY what you’re accusing @A_G of… seeming to know what is in @Trilly ‘s head instead of taking what he said at face value.

Don’t get me wrong I love piling on trills as much as the next guy but what he said here wasn’t exactly outrageous. He was basically just sitting on the fence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom