• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

WorldbestMartinelli

I think he has a massive chance of winning player of the year actually most especially if we go on and win the title.

The freak at city can score 100 goals but thankfully the metrics for player of the year goes beyond goals scored only.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Which wingers? I wouldn’t say Martinelli has really kicked on in his play, getting numbers though.
It's interesting that Rashford has one more assist than Martinelli, but Martinelli has like twice better xA. And even better key passes.

Of course Martinelli has given corners (with Trossard now), so that should up those stats somewhat compared to Rashford.

Does someone know how much xA one corner gives?

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he has a massive chance of winning player of the year actually most especially if we go on and win the title.

The freak at city can score 100 goals but thankfully the metrics for player of the year goes beyond goals scored only.
The player of the year always will go to haaland because he scoring and breaking record but Saka must win young player of the year because there no better u22 player better than him

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Not being funny, but how would they be split? How does the voting system work?
I mean anyone can vote for POTM online and both Saka and Trossard were nominated this month. Given that fans are biased most fams will probably vote for their own teams player if they have one nominated and that could've been a disadvantage if Arsenal had two nominees while everyone else had one.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
"Alexa, play Starman by David Bowie."
"Here's what I found:"

Dance Win GIF by Beats by Dre

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's interesting that Rashford has one more assist than Martinelli, but Martinelli has like twice better xA. And even better key passes.

Of course Martinelli has given corners (with Trossard now), so that should up those stats somewhat compared to Rashford.

Does someone know how much xA one corner gives?

It would be pretty low, corners are very low % scoring opportunities.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saka this season is already about to surpass Hazards best numbers in the EPL. So he def has a higher end product potential than Hazard. Although Hazard was more naturally gifted. But also remember Hazard played on some pretty defensive Chelsea teams. I think the attacking potential of this Arsenal team has not even scratched the surface. Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard, Jesus, ESR, Nelson and Vieira all have room for improvement and can still synergize even more with each other. I don't even think the current version of Saka is world class. To me a world class player is 11-13 version of RVP. That's a superstar! Or the 13/14 version of Suarez. Even the 07-09 version of Torres. Don't even have to mention some of Henry's best years.
I was waffling quite a bit yesterday.

My point is I see Saka as someone who like Hazard, does just as much good work in early final third as he does in the box.

Players like that, by the nature of their role, don’t often become 40+ GA a season guys and as you said his performances could get a lot better without it necessarily translating to more end product. He’s on track to finish with more GA than any Hazard season bar his last one yet he still has some catching up to do in terms of performance level.

For me that indicates that he could go up a level or two without the numbers necessarily changing. In an extreme case he could have a better season but end up with worse numbers.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Southgate, who has worked with Saka for 2,5 years, says that he has always had that technique to score.

He seems to emphasize that it's at least as much a mentality thing as technical development, but seems to think it's much more mental by how he says it and repeats the mental and confidence aspect, while saying he always had the technique.

So he agrees with me. And @Geofranco ?

Literally the same thing I said months ago.

I’ve even showed you my post from October where I said he has the technique to score goals. Just needs composure/practise/confidence in front of goal. Literally what Southgate has said.

Yet you’re trying to use something I’ve literally agreed with in the past to somehow prove me wrong. This is frothing at the mouth posting, so determined to disagree you don’t realise there’s nothing to disagree about. You need to drop this :lol:

"I think he knows to be a really top wide player you need the number of goals and assists and without a doubt he has delivered that all season.
Funny enough Southgate also mentions how as a top winger you need to provide goals and assists. Remember when I was getting criticised for saying the same thing back when he wasn’t scoring enough? Hope you guys now realise the standards I hold our players too aren’t agenda based lol.

drippin

Literally the same thing I said months ago.

I’ve even showed you my post from October where I said he has the technique to score goals. Just needs composure/practise/confidence in front of goal. Literally what Southgate has said.

Yet you’re trying to use something I’ve literally agreed with in the past to somehow prove me wrong. You need to drop this :lol:

Funny enough Southgate also mentions how as a top winger you need to provide goals and assists. Remember when I was getting criticised for saying the same thing back when he wasn’t scoring enough? Hope you guys now realise the standards I hold our players too aren’t agenda based lol.
I answered only to your question where you asked where have you mentioned his scoring ceiling being Bernardo Silva.

You have still not addressed the issue I laughed at. But I really could not care about arguing about this anymore. Just answered your question.

Would be much easier if you'd say you were somewhat wrong in your assessment, comparing him to Malouda and Silva in different ways. But you won't do it.

Also Southgate clearly says it's much more about his confidence and mental things, as he says he always had the scoring technique. That's what I have been saying with that these kind of goals he has scored this season with both feet, you don't learn in just a year. You literally doubted he would be a goal scoring winger.

You also said Real wouldn't want to buy him as a bargain with one year in contract, because there are no rumours. To me your overall stance looks clear, and the evidence is there. And no, I'm not saying you hate Saka or anything like that.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I answered only to your question where you asked where have you mentioned his scoring ceiling being Bernardo Silva.
AG and others answered this for you. In the post you quoted I clearly say that based on his current level of finishing at the time I see a Bernado Silva ceiling in terms of goals. That is not the same as saying it will always be his ceiling. It’s really simple to understand you don’t even have to read between the lines.

Would be much easier if you'd say you were somewhat wrong in your assessment, comparing him to Malouda and Silva in different ways. But you won't do it.
How can I be ‘wrong’ when I’ve made it clear that my call is based on a massive assumption that his finishing won’t improve? Especially when I’ve acknowledged that it easily could improve because he has the technique for it. It’s a forecast not a definitive statement, get a grip.

I’ve ‘covered my bases’ not in a calculated way, but simply by acknowledging that I don’t know all the facts and that things could easily change. That seems to be frustrating you because you only deal in absolutes, right or wrong. That’s your prerogative and it’s why you’re always arguing with people on here.

You might as well call up those people who do the weather and get them to admit they’re ‘wrong’ whenever the forecast turns out to be incorrect. What a pointless exercise in ego. :lol:
Also Southgate clearly says it's much more about his confidence and mental things, as he says he always had the scoring technique
so did I?! Do you have selective amnesia :lol:

You’re genuinely the only person on this forum that can be provided with clear receipts yet still keep arguing. Some of you just want to argue with me and are going to increasingly desperate lengths.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I mean anyone can vote for POTM online and both Saka and Trossard were nominated this month. Given that fans are biased most fams will probably vote for their own teams player if they have one nominated and that could've been a disadvantage if Arsenal had two nominees while everyone else had one.
So it's entirely decided by the fans? Don't the players/coaching staff get a vote as well? Surely that would be less split

drippin

AG and others answered this for you. In the post you quoted I clearly say that based on his current level of finishing at the time I see a Bernado Silva ceiling in terms of goals. That is not the same as saying it will always be his ceiling. It’s really simple to understand you don’t even have to read between the lines.
Do you understand what "ceiling" is? It's the maximum level to reach.

He was already at Silva level when you made the comment about his scoring ceiling being Silva level. So it's really funny.

Don't understand how this is so hard to understand. This is what I had to comment about because it made me laugh when I realized it. I found your reply because a member asked who had said Saka's ceiling is Malouda.
That seems to be frustrating you because you only deal in absolutes, right or wrong.
I don't deal only in absolutes. You saying that is doing what you claim what I do.

For example I just said "Would be much easier if you'd say you were somewhat wrong in your assessment..."

How is "somewhat wrong" dealing with only in absolutes ffs. :lol:
You’re genuinely the only person on this forum that can be provided with clear receipts yet still keep arguing. Some of you just want to argue with me and are going to increasingly desperate lengths.
You started this arguing again, when you asked where did you say the Silva comment and I just gave you that link. Take a look in the mirror mate.

And yeah, I have also provided clear receipts on what you have said. There's no escaping those even though you try hard.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Do you understand what "ceiling" is? It's the maximum level to reach.

He was already at Silva level when you made the comment about his scoring ceiling being Silva level. So it's really funny.

Don't understand how this is so hard to understand. This is what I had to comment about because it made me laugh when I realized it. I found your reply because a member asked who had said Saka's ceiling is Malouda.

I don't deal only in absolutes. You saying that is doing what you claim what I do.

For example I just said "Would be much easier if you'd say you were somewhat wrong in your assessment..."

How is "somewhat wrong" dealing with only in absolutes ffs. :lol:

You started this arguing again, when you asked where did you say the Silva comment and I just gave you that link. Take a look in the mirror mate.

And yeah, I have also provided clear receipts on what you have said. There's no escaping those even though you try hard.
Look man, everyone seems to get it except you. Stfu now

You’re honestly such a DRAG.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Geofranco you also need to sort out your passive agressive sh*t as well.

You try call me out, I address you, you back down but anytime some idiot posts something that’s accusing me of some anti-Saka BS you’re always there in the likes. Ya’ll awful

What did you do to the guy? 😭😭😭

Any Anti-Trilly post gets an automatic like from him 🤣🤣 this is starting to get a bit too much ngl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom