• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah the fact that Martinelli was injured for the whole season having got 10 goals in his first season in England coming straight from a 4th division league in Brazil is irrelevant
Where did I say that? He’s my favourite player.

Pipe down.

Jack badmon

I wonder if McKola still considers Gallagher to be a superior talent.

Do not listen to these dumb ****s, do not mention mans name either. These man should be shot and killed or failing that ignored.

We as fanbase need to do more to gas up Saka, we literally got World Elite talent to use in our disposal, plus he came through our academy. Its worth shouting out about.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gabi is 22 next month, Rooney had twice the PL goals by that age, Rooney was on nearly 60 PL goals. Gabi is 25.

Don’t know why you’re comparing him to Giroud, an absolute donkey who was hated by the whole fan while he developed here like some special needs player. The bar is low there.

You’re avoiding my Martinelli question.
I’m with you on this.

Think the manager can have a bit of an effect (e.g. tactics) but ultimately it’s about giving them opportunities.

Sane for example greatly benefited from City’s set up that gave him loads of transition and 1v1 opportunities. He’s not really impressed since leaving city.

Manager can improve your performances/output but not sure he can make you into a player you’re not. Otherwise why aren’t Martinelli and Saka developing equally under him?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m with you on this.

Think the manager can have a bit of an effect (e.g. tactics) but ultimately it’s about giving them opportunities.

Sane for example greatly benefited from City’s set up that gave him loads of transition and 1v1 opportunities. He’s not really impressed since leaving city.

Manager can improve your performances/output but not sure he can make you into a player you’re not. Otherwise why aren’t Martinelli and Saka developing equally under him?
And to add to this, this is why I get annoyed when people blame the manager for a player being in poor form. See Pepe, Sancho, Antony, Mkhitaryan etc.

I’m seeing Chelsea fans blame Potter but Mudryk’s horror show against England today. Ffs, Potter’s not even coaching and he’s still catching strays. But the same Chelsea fans are blaming Potter for not giving Madueke more game time because he got a MOTM performance against France U21.

There’s only so much a coach can do to raise or drop your level. Almost everything that a player does comes from themselves.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

And to add to this, this is why I get annoyed when people blame the manager for a player being in poor form. See Pepe, Sancho, Antony, Mkhitaryan etc.

I’m seeing Chelsea fans blame Potter but Mudryk’s horror show against England today. Ffs, Potter’s not even coaching and he’s still catching strays. But the same Chelsea fans are blaming Potter for not giving Madueke more game time because he got a MOTM performance against France U21.

There’s only so much a coach can do to raise or drop your level. Almost everything that a player does comes from themselves.
I do think a player needs to be given a chance to showcase their skills though, there’s a balance.

Sane for example, Pep/Mikel noticed he was fairly limited so put him in on his strong foot and told him to stay wide run fast, cross and shoot. All things he’s exceptional at and it lead to him being very highly rated. Slight exaggeration but you get the gist. Do I think they developed him as a player though? Not really.

Pepe for example was short of the level required here but if we played him in a role more similar to Nelli’s than Saka’s he too would look a lot better.

Mudryk also doesn’t count, he’s in his adaptation year.

say yes

forum master baiter
Where did I say that? He’s my favourite player.

Pipe down.
Martinelli your favourite player?

Animated GIF

Martinelli another player who AM will have you believe is some young phenom but when you watch him he’s the poorest winger in the PL. Jury is totally out on him, very limited footballer.

Hasn't developed at all under Arteta though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Have you ever heard of football IQ?
Oh God, please no. :lol:

But yeah exactly, you can’t really teach that. Even technical ability to an extent can’t really be taught. And those are two huge parts of what makes a top forward a top forward.

Hence why I don’t really believe in manager’s being a big part of developing players (outside of giving them opportunities).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Love how Saka has been using this Robben cut in and shoot move effectively. It was unstoppable even when defenders used to double up on Robben.

Master this and he’ll be abusing left backs in the CL next season imo.
What by going slightly backwards away from goal?

Don’t think he did that for today’s goal but yeah noticed he’s been doing it a few times.

say yes

forum master baiter

But yeah exactly, you can’t really teach that. Even technical ability to an extent can’t really be tough. And those are two huge parts of what makes a top forward a top forward.

Hence why I don’t really believe in manager’s developing players (outside of giving them opportunities).
You can't coach someone to be faster or stronger, and I agree even technique is somewhat static. But you certainly can coach up a player's tactical understanding, awareness, movement, decision-making etc; in other words, how effectively they use their natural ability. Its easy to forget how much coaching and training is involved behind the scenes.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

But yeah exactly, you can’t really teach that. Even technical ability to an extent can’t really be taught. And those are two huge parts of what makes a top forward a top forward.

Hence why I don’t really believe in manager’s being a big part of developing players (outside of giving them opportunities).

I would say there's a definite limit to how much a manager can improve a player past his natural talent (phisical/technical/understanding of the game), but I don't think only giving them oportunities is that limit.

Wenger teams were built around players being better as a colective then they were individually to the point most players that left Wenger's Arsenal dropped a few levels.

In Arteta's case, you see how well Xhaka's been doing and that's down to the manager, and that's also one of the few things forum as a whole agrees on.

Even moving beyond tactics, a lot of the time, it is a mental thing, like what Carlo did with Vini, for example. That wasn't only giving Vini the chances he didn't get under Zidane, but also doing the work of saying he was believed in.

Top Bottom