• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How does one keep oneself grounded when earning that kind of dosh? Don't get me wrong, he's worth every penny, but just how do you do it?
I’ll take a crack at this. As someone who has read and watched several autobiographies by athletes, I think the general theme is that most of these superstars want to dominate their field above everything else. The money, the fame, the women are all niceties to the job but will never eclipse the feeling of being “the best”. That’s how you keep grounded. By knowing they still have ways to go.

Now I don’t know Saka on a personal level, but he cites Alexis and Ronaldo as his inspirations. Both of those guys are extremely driven and despite being paid bucket loads never strived off the path

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
By being raised right. It's not that hard. It's more about your personality and upbringing. He has worked hard and earned every penny. There are many superstars in different sports that earned even more at a younger age and did not get into nonsense.
It is hard though. Especially if you’ve never had money in your younger life, it’s incredibly difficult to not let it ruin you.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I’ll take a crack at this. As someone who has read and watched several autobiographies by athletes, I think the general theme is that most of these superstars want to dominate their field above everything else. The money, the fame, the women are all niceties to the job but will never eclipse the feeling of being “the best”. That’s how you keep grounded. By knowing they still have ways to go.

Now I don’t know Saka on a personal level, but he cites Alexis and Ronaldo as his inspirations. Both of those guys are extremely driven and despite being paid bucket loads never strived off the path
Yes, this is what I was asking! I wasn't talking about women and cars etc. I just meant how do you maintain motivation to put in all the hours to stay at the top. Makes sense.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How does one keep oneself grounded when earning that kind of dosh? Don't get me wrong, he's worth every penny, but just how do you do it?

Phase 4 after winning the PL for Saka would be to get a tattoo, cuban link, cover of vogue and lineup a regular appearance on Kim K’s show.

⭐👦 has always been destined for Hollywood whilst scrubs like Clyne were extras on Love and Hip Hop.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just watched Saka’s personal highlights against Italy and Ukraine. It’s amazing to see the Italians and Ukraines unable to contain his feather light feet, ball control and a mixture of speed, acceleration and agility. Now he can cut in and score curving shots like Messi, at bigger stages. Another prime asset of his is the ability to stay fit and available for the club and country. His attitude is always positive. No diva nor diving like some English forwards. Hopefully PL referees can offer more due protection to Saka.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
It is hard though. Especially if you’ve never had money in your younger life, it’s incredibly difficult to not let it ruin you.
That's what supportive families are there for. If you have strong core values and principles, nothing can ruin you. But those things have to be instilled when you are very young. I don't view Saka as a guy who would succumb to peer pressure, but you never know.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yes, this is what I was asking! I wasn't talking about women and cars etc. I just meant how do you maintain motivation to put in all the hours to stay at the top. Makes sense.
It's literally easier to fall into drugs and become addicted to the highest quality poon than lose motivation. That was the issue with Ronaldinho, George best, Rooney, Maradona etc Those guys did not lose motivation or passion for the game, it was the partying, women and drugs that did them in.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Phase 4 after winning the PL for Saka would be to get a tattoo, cuban link, cover of vogue and lineup a regular appearance on Kim K’s show.

⭐👦 has always been destined for Hollywood whilst scrubs like Clyne were extras on Love and Hip Hop.
Saka is a very likeable individual on top of being a great talent, so he'll definitely have a lot of advertising potential going forward.

Charisma/good looks or likeability/cuteness is the way to go in identifying advertising potential usually.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To be the best in pretty much any field your prime motivation needs to be an unquenchable internal desire to be the best. It probably needs to be almost pathological. Your environment and upbringing can maybe help with that but I think it's largely something you're born with or not.

If your prime motivations are external, money, fame, celebrity, women etc it's much harder and even if you do hit the top you're not likely to stay there for long. Anything that takes your focus and time away from being the absolute best will hinder you when we're looking at fractions of percentages between being the best and very good.

I don't know him obviously but everything I see points to Saka being in the first category.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get those vibes from Saka though. Not saying I get lazy vibes from him either but we haven’t really gotten much of a glimpse into his personality besides him being a wholesome good kid.

Even with CR7 we only really learned about that stuff in his later years and till this day we haven’t heard about Messi’s being a unrelenting mad man or something and he’s the GOAT.

I think over the next few years now he’s clearly a big man in this ting, we’ll start to get more insight into the kind of man he is.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Thing about Saka is that nothing fazes him. Some players freeze under expectation whereas he just plays his game.

Even the penalty in Euro 2020, he hit it very well (maybe could have kept it lower if anything) and in all fairness it was a top save from Donnarumma more than a bad miss. You can see he has just worked on his penalties in the intervening time, so if in that position again he will put it away.

Amazing mentality for someone at 21 years old.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Foden’s on 220k and Saka has gone clear of him this season.

I’d be expecting something like 250 base tbh. On his trajectory he could easily be a 300k before bonuses player in the next year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Get use to it maybe lol well its crazy amount of money alot of players let that distract them from thier real job as professional footballer but Saka still too young and was already earning 80k and didn't seem bother him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember when Sp**s fans thought Kulu was better than Saka, funny times!

Wouldn't mind signing the Swede (as he definitely won't want to stay at that dump of a team permanently) as a backup to our Starboy next season 👍

say yes

forum master baiter
I think my favourite poster @Kav can answer this one.

He owns a major international law firm and yet is still grounded enough to share his wonderful views with us on here.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom