• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This idea any player loves the club is so silly, I'm sure Grealish loved Aston Villa but realistically you leave for City the first chance you get. Saka probably would've left if we didn't qualify for CL this season.
He’s off in 2 years I think. He’ll be 23 and have one cup to his name.

Not necessarily bothered either at this point as he’ll be done at the top level at 27/28 with the way he’s being overplayed.

GLITCH

I do like that Martinelli signed his contract before top 4 was confirmed. I think he genuinely wants to be here for a long time. But this could obviously change in a few years.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s off in 2 years I think. He’ll be 23 and have one cup to his name.

Not necessarily bothered either at this point as he’ll be done at the top level at 27/28 with the way he’s being overplayed.
I think it depends on where Arsenal are as a club, if we're not competing at the top I doubt he'll want to do a Kane and stay forever. But also I think he wants to play for Pep's City and who knows how long Pep will be there so who knows.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine Saka (and Saliba) had the season he had but we finished 5th or lower, no way should he have stayed without Champions League football...a career is too short for too much sentimentality.

Players should be ambitious and challenge the club to keep improving, and if the club isn't pushing forward then they can rightly leave...you should want to win as a football player.

Imagine by summer 2025, Bukayo is putting up similar numbers but only has 1 trophy and 1 season of Champions League football to his name... that's not good enough.

BigPoppaPump

Imagine Saka (and Saliba) had the season he had but we finished 5th or lower, no way should he have stayed without Champions League football...a career is too short for too much sentimentality.

Players should be ambitious and challenge the club to keep improving, and if the club isn't pushing forward then they can rightly leave...you should want to win as a football player.

Imagine by summer 2025, Bukayo is putting up similar numbers but only has 1 trophy and 1 season of Champions League football to his name... that's not good enough.
But what if we say Saka needs to score more goals then Arsenal fans will tell you you're being toxic lol

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There's no way the club wanted only 4 years. They'd have tied him down for 7-8 years If they had half a chance.

Saka's not going to regress. Even if he stays at his current level ( borderline WC) with inflation £250-£300k will seem cheap in 2-3 years.

They only way his current wages become unreasonable is if he picks up a career changing injury and you can't factor something like that into the equation when you're handing out contracts to star performers

Saka's done the 'I'm short term committed but I'm still keeping my long term options open 'routine. It's smart from him tbh.

Riou

But what if we say Saka needs to score more goals then Arsenal fans will tell you you're being toxic lol

I like the "Saka needs to be rested more" line, especially going into next season with Champions League football secured.

People think him playing just every league game was tough, now he will be playing every mid week game too 😅

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Saka is smart, and well aware he's been the one carrying Artetaball to the place we're now, which as you can see by the calibre of forwards ruined by Artetaball is quite the feat.

It was either this or some crazy wage with the longevity the club wanted.

BigPoppaPump

I like the "Saka needs to be rested more" line, especially going into next season with Champions League football secured.

People think him playing just every league game was tough, now he will be playing every mid week game too 😅
We gotta get our moneys worth now, if he's leaving in 2 years he better not be able to walk by then.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I do like that Martinelli signed his contract before top 4 was confirmed. I think he genuinely wants to be here for a long time. But this could obviously change in a few years.
Has the higher ceiling as well imo. Will be interesting if Saka or Martinelli comes out as the best player in 10 years time thought, so many factors that play into it.

Riou

We gotta get our moneys worth now, if he's leaving in 2 years he better not be able to walk by then.

It's why I don't really care about overplaying him, as (barring a miracle) there is no chance he is at Arsenal past 25 years old...so screw his future club by crippling him in the meantime and get max value when we sell him, win-win for us!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thankfully Saka walks with God, so he will get 40 G/A in the next 2 seasons and get his well deserved move to City unscathed.

I'm sure Arteta will get his pound of flesh during that time.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Disappointing that he didn't sign for 5 & wanted a release cause.

Tbf that's probably more down to the agent.

He has the rep of being someone who squeezes everything possible.

Saks is his golden goose.

From a club/fans perspective with ffp & the wages to turnover regulations in 2025 agents constantly squeezing absolute max may affect the clubs ability to bring in other players?

We are probably ok at the moment but you can't be paying everyone massive wages.

Some posters simplistic approach of pay whatever in transfer fee or wages to get the deal done is just not feasible.

We have a budget.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Saka likely bets on him fulfilling more of his potential soon enough, so doesn't want a 5-year contract, but rather a bigger raise faster after a couple of years.

On the other hand, if Arsenal wants that 5-year contract, it would likely mean that they would have to pay more during that time for Saka to accept it.

So in addition to what I said earlier, it seems pretty clear that this 4-year contract fits both parties on multiple levels.

Saka is already done for life with these contracts, so it's not like he has to fear a career-ending injury much. Besides, he trusts in God and doesn't have much fear in any case.
Or he doesn’t want to promise his peak years to a manager with a proven track record of bottling year end and a thin trophy cabinet. If the Spanish choke artist doesn’t win league in next couple season Saka and Saliba are gone for sure

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah the 4 years is a “wait and see” renewal in my opinion. Allows Saka to continue with us, build his profile more, but also leave himself able to leave if we do not match his ambition.

I don’t think he signs a further extension if we don’t continue appearing in the CL at the very least. But to secure the next extension we are going to need to win one of the PL or CL.

Yeah but realistically once you get to that level of wages very few clubs in World football can take you.
' his ambition'
I'm sure we match his ambition. We were the best team in the league this season bar a corrupt state run entity.
You cant really legislate for that.

Few players take paycuts. We have put faith in him & are paying big money.

What are the other options, go to City who have bought the league or Saudi Toon if they go the same way?

I suppose Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea if
they are in Champs league/ pushing titles & we are left behind?
Outside that a move abroad?

Latest posts

Top Bottom