• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

And yeah, if it's true that Jesus earns 265k per week, who had 1 year left and many top club takers, I assume Saka won't earn straight away more than him at an earlier age with less experience.

It's just not sensible when Jesus has always also been a big talent, and has trophies to show for it. He signed the contract for Arsenal last summer, and Arsenal will always have some kind of quite sensible wage structure for a top club.

That's why I think it could easily be 200k per week going to max. 300k per week at this point. He will get his raise in two years' time - he bets himself to do it and can demand it being a clear starter for England at such a young age.

This is not a guy who fears getting a bad injury, he thinks he is blessed by God, and I don't blame him for that. Even if he gets that kind of injury, he will be happy with what he has in his life. Saka seems wise beyond his years, even above Saliba who I have praised years ago.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm speaking purely finances and truth here. I'm not saying it's wrong to pay him that but it's just how it is. Up to you how you want to take it.
And I'm speaking from a perspective of football. The game we love. The reason clubs pay the money they do.

A £10m loss to United is still a loss.

Sancho didn't make a difference to your club getting top 4 or not.

Saka did make a difference to us and is likely to make a difference in the future. So from a financial perspective Saka has been worth the money he will get in maybe his first year. Now he will need to continue being a game changer to warrant the big fee year after year.

However, it doesn't matter how rich you are...if you are paying more than something is proving they are worth its a bad thing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

However, it doesn't matter how rich you are...if you are paying more than something is proving they are worth its a bad thing.
Exactly, and FFP is a real thing that clubs have to take into account. Unless you're City who has somehow managed to get state sponsorship to be okay. But even now they might be in trouble.

This is why I didn't understand @UnitedBeard once saying that he doesn't care if they overpay transfer fees or wages.

It's always away from something else, like squad building overall. If you don't overpay for most players, you could get additional top player. Of course it brings the risk of losing some top targets, but that's part of the haggling. We all do know that with UEL you have to overpay somewhat though.

I personally like that Arsenal wants players who are not in it mostly for big wages. They lost Mudryk because of it, and I was very happy with Trossard who will be at Arsenal in his prime years. Don't they actually have pretty similar wages, even though Trossard has much more to show for with his experience?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saka not being on this Arsenal ting that much is one of the funniest reveals I've seen in a minute. Those negotiations did rumble on all season when you think about it.

Hey, more power to him.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Saka not being on this Arsenal ting that much is one of the funniest reveals I've seen in a minute. Those negotiations did rumble on all season when you think about it.

Hey, more power to him.
He kept this under lock and key since February too. He's a patient young man.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Exactly, and FFP is a real thing that clubs have to take into account. Unless you're City who has somehow managed to get state sponsorship to be okay. But even now they might be in trouble.

This is why I didn't understand @UnitedBeard once saying that he doesn't care if they overpay transfer fees or wages.

It's always away from something else, like squad building overall. If you don't overpay for most players, you could get additional top player. Of course it brings the risk of losing some top targets, but that's part of the haggling. We all do know that with UEL you have to overpay somewhat though.

I personally like that Arsenal wants players who are not in it mostly for big wages. They lost Mudryk because of it, and I was very happy with Trossard who will be at Arsenal in his prime years. Don't they actually have pretty similar wages, even though Trossard has much more to show for with his experience?

You didn’t understand because you use arsenal logic into United. Two clubs with different revenue.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Imagine Saka (and Saliba) had the season he had but we finished 5th or lower, no way should he have stayed without Champions League football...a career is too short for too much sentimentality.

Players should be ambitious and challenge the club to keep improving, and if the club isn't pushing forward then they can rightly leave...you should want to win as a football player.

Imagine by summer 2025, Bukayo is putting up similar numbers but only has 1 trophy and 1 season of Champions League football to his name... that's not good enough.
I agree with you but we also have to tell some harsh truths like if this guy didn't send a penalty 20 feet wide of the goal against West Ham there was an exponentially higher chance of him getting himself a proper trophy this season. To me, if you're whining about not winning trophies, there had better be absolutely no record of you f*cking something basic up that prevented you from winning one. Also feel in general though that people are getting worked up over nothing. He signed a shortish term deal the last time. I don't think it means he doesn't want to be at the club but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to sign a forever deal at Arsenal when you can still get better and get more money in a couple of years either from us or someone else. Nothing wrong with that.

NZgunner

not sure if it's been said elsewhere, but if he plays tomorrow, he will have featured in every league game for the last two seasons

given our track record with injury prone players, this alone makes him worth every penny of the new deal

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Probably sees himself moving to Real Madrid/City/Barcelona in two years if we are not properly challenging.

I'm not mad at this, the owners need to match the ambition of our players. Is it fair that guys like Alexis played their best years alongside bloody Giroud and Joel Campbell?

We need to just accept this type of contract and do damage in CL, play attractive football and become more desirable for big talents.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hey, more power to him.

Never get these players who sign their 20s away to one club.

You think if you blow your Achilles out tomorrow the club won’t be putting pressure on through the media for you to leave?

Take these greedy f*cks for every penny you can young man and always keep your options open 🫡

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Probably sees himself moving to Real Madrid/City/Barcelona in two years if we are not properly challenging.

I'm not mad at this, the owners need to match the ambition of our players. Is it fair that guys like Alexis played their best years alongside bloody Giroud and Joel Campbell?

We need to just accept this type of contract and do damage in CL, play attractive football and become more desirable for big talents.

The PL is going form strength to strength so I think the 'Madrid/Barcelona' as a pull is dwindling. Saka is on 300k a week, its a massive decision for Real Madrid and Barcelona to make to pay such a salary for an Englishmen. Saka would also want to go to Spain, not something he may be up for.

The pathways for Saka leaving are likely domestic, and even then the pathway is narrow. It would be dependent on a club offering a massive transfer fee and matching Saka's wages. Were talking a 130-160m fee given he is an England darling in addition to being a brilliant player, plus the 4-5 year contract at 15m a year (60-75m in wages). It would literally be a 200-250m commitment for a rival club to prise Saka away.

Only City are a potential threat to taking Saka, and those numbers are massive even for them. Moreover, Saka's contract runs for two additional years beyond the likelihood Pep will stay at City. Im pretty Sure Pep has signed his last deal with City and will leave after the 24-25 season. Who knows that the landscape will be in years post Pep, who knows how City come out of this FFP thing too. The lure of playing for Vincent Kompany doesnt have the same lure. Although he is a slaphead

We shouldn't be fretting about him leaving at all. Need to sign Rice and a heap of others and charge into next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Hey, more power to him.
I mean it’s obvious that’s why it took so long to sign a deal, same with Saliba. Fans are just delusional.

Look at all the other contract signings that got done in much quicker times, someone like Eddie probably couldn’t wait to sign while Saka and Saliba probably have some big admirers.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
As if that Saka Whatsapp stuff is true :lol:

I'm sure he'll leave Arsenal at some point for a massive money move to Real or Man City or whoever but Chelsea? :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The PL is going form strength to strength so I think the 'Madrid/Barcelona' as a pull is dwindling. Saka is on 300k a week, its a massive decision for Real Madrid and Barcelona to make to pay such a salary for an Englishmen. Saka would also want to go to Spain, not something he may be up for.

The pathways for Saka leaving are likely domestic, and even then the pathway is narrow. It would be dependent on a club offering a massive transfer fee and matching Saka's wages. Were talking a 130-160m fee given he is an England darling in addition to being a brilliant player, plus the 4-5 year contract at 15m a year (60-75m in wages). It would literally be a 200-250m commitment for a rival club to prise Saka away.

Only City are a potential threat to taking Saka, and those numbers are massive even for them. Moreover, Saka's contract runs for two additional years beyond the likelihood Pep will stay at City. Im pretty Sure Pep has signed his last deal with City and will leave after the 24-25 season. Who knows that the landscape will be in years post Pep, who knows how City come out of this FFP thing too. The lure of playing for Vincent Kompany doesnt have the same lure. Although he is a slaphead

We shouldn't be fretting about him leaving at all. Need to sign Rice and a heap of others and charge into next season.
300k pw is small money for those clubs lol De Jong was on like 600k pw. The ridiculous wages they were paying is what f’d them up.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Only a lack of ambition will have the likes of Saka and Ødegaard leaving. Owners need to do everything this summer to consolidate our position and challenge next year for the league and CL

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Young Bukayo not trusting the process it seems.

He’ll basically be able to push for a move in summer 25 and we’ll HAVE to sell him in summer 26 if he wants to leave.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom