• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bundesliga Thread

Harz

Isn't part of his rating that he is young? In manager terms he is messi-like talent. 16 Year old doing things people with 15 years more experiance can't do.
I think the whole young manager fetish is just a fad. Sure a younger guy can be a great manager but even in the worst case scenario managers don't decline well into their 50s.

It's not like physical aptitude matters a lot when it comes to managing. The current fashion of younger managers with scientific training methods that maximize physical performance on the pitch and an emphasis on tidy football through tactical discipline is paying dividends at the moment, while also making a moneyball-like approach possibly sustainable.

However, the game is becoming less and less beautiful in terms of flashes of brilliance and it's bound to catch up.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think the whole young manager fetish is just a fad. Sure a younger guy can be a great manager but even in the worst case scenario managers don't decline well into their 50s.

It's not like physical aptitude matters a lot when it comes to managing. The current fashion of younger managers with scientific training methods that maximize physical performance on the pitch and an emphasis on tidy football through tactical discipline is paying dividends at the moment, while also making a moneyball-like approach possibly sustainable.

However, the game is becoming less and less beautiful in terms of flashes of brilliance and it's bound to catch up.
I know it's not physical :D. But when he is 50 he will have a lot of top flight experiance as a manager. And when you are younger you learn easier etc. It's like if you start programming young you experiance programming much different than when you learn it at a older age.

Harz

I know it's not physical :D. But when he is 50 he will have a lot of top flight experiance as a manager. And when you are younger you learn easier etc. It's like if you start programming young you experiance programming much different than when you learn it at a older age.
The thing is I don't think management compares to skills like programming because it can never really be taught but only be learned -- like writing or jazz.

Nagelsmann and Tedesco are top pupils of a German manager academy. I like their approach to training schedules, sports psychology and nutrition etc., but there's much more to this game than sheer athletic capabilities.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The thing is I don't think management compares to skills like programming because it can never really be taught but only be learned -- like writing or jazz.

Nagelsmann and Tedesco are top pupils of a German manager academy. I like their approach to training schedules, sports psychology and nutrition etc., but there's much more to this game than sheer athletic capabilities.
I think it can be taught but at the end there is probably some talent/experiance that brings uniqueness to a trainer. My point is that, instead of getting top flight experiance at 55 he is getting it at 30. So he got a head start and probably is less set in his ideas that someone that is 55. I think that is a huge advantage.

Like I think Brendan Rodgers is much less likely to adapt to new ideas and ways of playing football than nagelsmann will be. Nagelsmann could be quite a different manager in 10 years. I think brendan rodgers i ALOT less likely to be.

It doesn't mean he will be the best. But I believe it's a great advantage.

Harz

I think it can be taught but at the end there is probably some talent/experiance that brings uniqueness to a trainer. My point is that, instead of getting top flight experiance at 55 he is getting it at 30. So he got a head start and probably is less set in his ideas that someone that is 55. I think that is a huge advantage.

Like I think Brendan Rodgers is much less likely to adapt to new ideas and ways of playing football than nagelsmann will be. Nagelsmann could be quite a different manager in 10 years. I think brendan rodgers i ALOT less likely to be.

It doesn't mean he will be the best. But I believe it's a great advantage.
Yeah I guess time will tell but he's clearly bad at managing creative players.

However, take whatever I'm saying with a grain of salt; I used to be very certain that Arteta lacked any kind of creative understanding of the game and his management of Ødegaard is really proving otherwise.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nagelsmann is terribly overrated. Too much emphasis on being direct, working hard, pressing and fouling like maniacs and not enough thought spent on how to attack. Too bad the rest of the league is even worse.
Doesn't sound like you've watched any of his teams, or the league for that matter. Hoffenheim and Leipzig (and Bayern) have all been very attacking sides under him, especially with Hoffenheim it was outrageous how many goals he got out of them.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
A Bochum fan throw a cup of beer on the linesman.

Match is canceled. Now it happened in Germany too after similar things in France.
Hopefully the person will get a stadium ban for lifetime, what an idiot.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Hertha, Mainz and Stuttgart win. Furth draw. Bayern-Union Berlin now.

2-0 Hertha

2-0 Mainz

2-2 Stuttgart

3-0 Hertha

3-0 Mainz

4-0 Mainz

3-2 Stuttgart

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Easy win for Bayern against Union.

1-0 Bayern

2-0 Bayern