• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal | Sun 26th Nov 14:00 GMT | Turf Moor | Not on UK TV

Will we win, lose or draw?

• Arsenal win with passion

• Draw

• Arsenal flop Burnley Win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Important thing we do keep this up. Arsenal always do something stupid when things get comfortable no pressure.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Important thing we do keep this up. Arsenal always do something stupid when things get comfortable no pressure.

Keep it up in defence but going forward we need to improve significantly. 64% possession and 17 attempts but only 2 on target. Our decision making and accuracy in the final third currently leaves a lot to be desired.

I feel we'd instantly improve our goal threat if every player who takes more than 2 touches on the ball gets forced to spend a week with Piers Morgan.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We've quietly been the 2nd best team in the league this season. Deserved to win against Stoke, Chelsea, and Watford. Have to beat United next weekend to cement this fact.

This sounds a little RAWK-esque.

Aren't we in 4th place?

All those teams above us will have had decisions go against them too.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Keep it up in defence but going forward we need to improve significantly. 64% possession and 17 attempts but only 2 on target. Our decision making and accuracy in the final third currently leaves a lot to be desired.

I feel we'd instantly improve our goal threat if every player who takes more than 2 touches on the ball gets forced to spend a week with Piers Morgan.
Burnley rarely get a thrashing. Very few teams go there and score more than one or two goals. But I agree that we should be scoring more. We could've really thrashed some of the teams we played like Brighton, Swansea, West Brom, Sp**s, etc. We dominated all those games but failed to score more than twice.

STATS

IMO, it was an average performance, but a great result. Moor is not an easy place to go to. Happy we got the 3 points. Hopefully we continue this.

BobP

Memri Fan
b29cgwreic001.jpg

"Need to stay on toes. Stadium surrounded by alleyways and streets. Prime location for ambush."

:lol::lol::lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Burnley rarely get a thrashing. Very few teams go there and score more than one or two goals. But I agree that we should be scoring more. We could've really thrashed some of the teams we played like Brighton, Swansea, West Brom, Sp**s, etc. We dominated all those games but failed to score more than twice.

This is because we don't have a top goalscorer. I wasn't completely sold on Lacazette and on what I've seen so far he is a good player but doesn't look like he is going to deliver 30 goals a season here.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
After 13 games we're 4th.

In fact the league goes
City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Sp**s, Liverpool, the rest

And by squad cost
City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Liverpool, the rest

Jesus what a correlation already. And there's still people rubbishing the link :lol::lol: Almost pointless playing the games really.

I think rather than rubbishing the link (most people here probably agree with your point to some extent), it's that you keep bashing us over the head with it so much that people are now turned off. You could be saying anything eg: "The earth is not flat" or "Meghan Markle needs to take out some major life insurance" your original point is irrelevant now as you have overdone it :lol:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
They were better team in the first half and we were better team in the second half. We got lucky that we got a last minute penalty from a Ramsey dive.

I am surprised people are claiming the Tarkowski challenge on Bellerin was a penalty. Tarkowski clearly wins the ball with his trailing knee before any contact with Bellerin is made with his leading leg (of which it seemed to me Bellerin was looking for as he just realised that he lost the ball).

Tarkowski, Mustafi and Xhaka were the standout players in the match.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
It was very intense game in the first half , all I wanted then was to finish the half at 0-0. We did that well. Apart from one chance, we did great defensively. Whatever Wenger did during HT worked. We calmed down, became dominant and put them under pressure. Every 50-50 ball was basically ours, passing was good, and at the end all that pressure and tiring them down paid off. Tired and under pressure defenders make mistakes like that, and it was a stupid one from Tarkowski. He probably thought he’ll get away with it simce ot was a last minute, lots of bodies around...
I am glad Mason was in the right spot and saw it, but overall he had a terrible, terrible game.

Gotta say Tarkowski looked good apart from that mistake, but even more so I liked Gudmundsson. Go Iceland!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Have pointed this out before. Our counter attack has been very poor so far. Many teams play against us trying for a nil nil draw. But if we manage to score that first goal, all those teams lose control, scatter away trying to score an equalizer and give us many opportunities. In the brighton and swansea match, we had numerous opportunities to counter attack with just one defender against us. Every one of those attacks must have ended as goals. We managed to screw up all of them.
Most of the times, I see our forwards running in the wrong direction and the player with the ball having no idea about when or where to pass. The confusion is very clear. Wenger must look into it sooner. We never know how important goal difference is going to be in the end.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I blame Bellerin. Credit to him for always sprinting and being there for counters, but 90% of the time he messes up.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We've quietly been the 2nd best team in the league this season. Deserved to win against Stoke, Chelsea, and Watford. Have to beat United next weekend to cement this fact.

The 2nd best team in the PL doesn't let Watford come back, let alone go on and beat them. However we are a better team now, we have improved since and including the City game, I do think we will beat Utd. Before that we need to beat Huddersfield to keep our momentum going.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

If we keep our £52m CF on for longer, maybe even the whole game, I think we would score more. We should be building his confidence up rather than knocking him down by subbing him. I'm sure Wenger has his reasons, I just don't agree with them.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Have pointed this out before. Our counter attack has been very poor so far. Many teams play against us trying for a nil nil draw. But if we manage to score that first goal, all those teams lose control, scatter away trying to score an equalizer and give us many opportunities. In the brighton and swansea match, we had numerous opportunities to counter attack with just one defender against us. Every one of those attacks must have ended as goals. We managed to screw up all of them.
Most of the times, I see our forwards running in the wrong direction and the player with the ball having no idea about when or where to pass. The confusion is very clear. Wenger must look into it sooner. We never know how important goal difference is going to be in the end.
I think the ability is still there, we just seem to be hesitant to overcommit on occasions, and the final ball is often lacking.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I blame Bellerin. Credit to him for always sprinting and being there for counters, but 90% of the time he messes up.

As of the start of November (don't have the updated stats) Bellerin was in our top 3 "xG chain" every game (2nd overall in the team), which is a passing chain that results in a shot on goal. Yes he can improve his decision making and end product but for a 24 year old RWB/RB - he has been fantastic for us, especially the start to this season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I could not agree more with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom