• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Caglar Söyüncü

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I don't know a huge deal, I have probably seen about 4 or 5 Freiburg games this season, but he certainly stands out for them. He is quite a pacy mobile defender. I would say if you compare him with Benjamin Pavard who is a similar age and plays same position, you'd say Pavard looks the more stand out talent. But Soyuncu looks hugely promising from what I saw of him at this point.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
The fact he is Turkish (my nationality) I am all for it! Don't really know much about him though lol I guess I will have to keep on eye out for him when I get a chance to watch Turkey play friendlies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Have to agree and can't add much to what @Borussin has said.

All in all he has been flying somewhat under the radar, similar to Stuttgart's young french CB, 'cause both are at mid table/relegation fighting teams.

Came from a rather unknown club in Turkey in 2016. He had a rough start to his BL career, couldn't really cope with the higher pace and intensity and made some grave mistakes, including causing multiple penalties against Freiburg.

But Streich always kept trusting him and by now he's come quite good and has ironed out the big mistakes. Very complete and mobile, similar to Pavard. The frenchman is definitely one or two steps further, but by know he just seems an unbelievable talent.

If Arsenal can't sign Pavard, Soyuncu is another shot at a good, young, rounded and mobile CB. I'd take him over Diallo.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
I found this streamable of a performance he had against Croatia in the World Cup qualifiers:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's a handsome devil, I'll give him that. Squad's missing a bit of handsome since Giroud left. Sign him up.

Also apparently he's good at football, so two birds one stone.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He's right-footed apparently, but Jesus you wouldn't know it. Very rare to see a defender use his weaker foot so well.

HBL

Established Member
He looks seriously impressive. Looks very good on the ball, reminds me of David Luiz with the way he brings the ball out from defence.

Bundesliga watchers seems to rate him highly.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

This comp features less of his passing ability, and it's a comp so it's not gonna give you the whole story. But what you can tell that he's a very aggressive, quick, front-footed defender. We seem to go for this type of defender a lot, Koscielny, Mustafi and even Mavropanos being examples of that. He has a bit of Sergio Ramos about him for some reason. He's not in the Per Mertesacker mould for sure, which is kinda what I think we need. But I like him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Oh also he's clearly used to playing as the left-sided CB, so that helps.

CanadianGooner1608

From what I've seen on those comps, kid looks completely fearless of getting hit by the ball or to go to contact. His passing ability also looks really solid.

That's what I get from the comps. That being said, I rarely trust "highlight videos" as they tend to just focus on the strong suits of a player.

Definitely makes me want to see him play though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
To give a balanced view of things, he did also get nutmegged by Divock Origi just this weekend. Hopefully that's the low point of his career.

Top Bottom