• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Caglar Söyüncü

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Why is it dead certain that Pavard will be world class? It's so hard to predict a centre back being world class as they don't peak till they are in their late 20s. The reason being it is a position determined by experience. They need to make mistakes in order to learn from them. That way their positioning improves. The only time you don't need to do that is if you have superior physicality that can get you out of trouble.

Statistically they are very similar. Not much between them to be honest. However maybe Soyuncu is more robust and agile. Seems quicker as well.

I've watched the whole winning campaign of Monaco two years back. It took me the first game to say I'd pay 60m-70m for this guy.
A few more games and I wouldn't have been surprised for double that fee.

Sometimes it's just too obvious.

I'm living in Munich so I see a lot of the BL even though PL is my prefered choice. Pavard can be compared to all big CBs at current form, Caglar is a project IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
would be interesting to see what we'll do with this guy i don't think we'll buy him if Freiburg keep asking 30-35M.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Surely they weren't too late if it wasn't actually done yet? The guy claims it was on radio and hasn't said what station or when which is convenient. Gonna call bullshit on this one.

Yeah I dont understand that bit but there are plenty of sources to suggest we are interested and actively pursuing him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'll trust Sven if we go for him. Makes sense that Chambers goes instead of Mustafi then to keep another more experienced head around. Mustafi will probably become backup and could yet surprise us as a better player under Emery's guidance.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've watched the whole winning campaign of Monaco two years back. It took me the first game to say I'd pay 60m-70m for this guy.
A few more games and I wouldn't have been surprised for double that fee.

Sometimes it's just too obvious.

I'm living in Munich so I see a lot of the BL even though PL is my prefered choice. Pavard can be compared to all big CBs at current form, Caglar is a project IMO.

They are both projects. I am sorry but you cannot say that Pavard is world class based on his performances in Germany. There genuinely isn't that much between them. Just because Pavard's style makes him appear calm and assured, it doesn't stop him getting turned inside out by Lewandowski.

All of these young defenders have potential to struggle at the top level. They do not have the physicality to get themselves out of a mistake or recover a situation. We also do not know how they would handle a high profile error or how they would do in a pressurised situation.

De Ligt played in a Europa league final and bossed it, but he still has question marks against him? How can Pavard be considered a sure thing?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He has a difficult-to-pronounce name and people in the UK haven't heard of him, so obviously they're not gonna be keen to report it cos they know people won't care. But even the faintest whiff of a rumour about Fellaini? They'll report that straight away, cos it sells.

Stannis

I'll trust Sven if we go for him. Makes sense that Chambers goes instead of Mustafi then to keep another more experienced head around. Mustafi will probably become backup and could yet surprise us as a better player under Emery's guidance.

Just a pure guess on my part but I wonder if they consider Chambers to be bit of a lightweight. Sokratis and Stephan can both be thugs when necessary, Caglar seems to be in that mould. Holding is pretty well built and so is Mustafi for a guy of his height. Goes without saying that Mav is in this camp.

Or it could just be because chambers will command the highest fee

I would still personally keep chambers over mustafi though.

elggibor

He has a difficult-to-pronounce name and people in the UK haven't heard of him, so obviously they're not gonna be keen to report it cos they know people won't care. But even the faintest whiff of a rumour about Fellaini? They'll report that straight away, cos it sells.

Turkish friend of mine says it’s pronounced Chah-Lar Soyun-Chu

Top Bottom