• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

His lack of Speed shows imo, against bigger sides it will show even more...

Im not against him playing CDM thou!

Kinda over Torreira

It Will free Xhaka to play LCM

dont disagree with that, I want bellerin in over him once he is fully fit

and how about free xhaka up for the bench

Symbia

His lack of Speed shows imo, against bigger sides it will show even more...

Im not against him playing CDM thou!

Kinda over Torreira

It Will free Xhaka to play LCM
He is not the slowest Imo.
Fatster than both Xhaka and Torreira with massive physical advantage, better tackler too.

It will be unfair if he sits on the bench because of the stupid title called captain.

I also don't know why the worst player in the team should be handed a captain. Unai can be annoying sometimes.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Fatster than both Xhaka and Torreira with massive physical advantage, better tackler too.

It will be unfair if he sits on the bench because of the stupid title called captain.

I also don't know why the worst player in the team should be handed a captain. Unai can be annoying sometimes.

Not the slowest but I want My fbs to have real Speed!

Iceman10

Established Member

He's shown over the last couple of weeks that pace is not the issue some may have thought (including myself). He does merit a shot at CDM. Maybe initially as a deputy/alternate to Xhaka, but hopefully we can move beyond Xhaka before the start of next season regardless.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm really starting to like this guy. He is performing so well nowadays.

Didn't know if he had it at Arsenal level in him, but wanted to give him a chance this season. Very good squad player, tough to say if he can claim some spot for him, CB or DMF, good backup RB for sure it seems.

Wondering about his speed too, is he that slow?

Gunner-Union

after his loan his best position might well be DM. he has some size and tackles well and reads the game better than xhaka or lucas. i also think his passing is decent and improving and he would be a much better dm than anyone we have just hope he gets a chance there and gets a run of games as dm

Beast Incarnate

I was alway worried about his lack of pace and never thought he could cut it at RB, but he appears to have developed an ability to read the game, which has countered this. He's rarely caught out of position and can time an interception to perfection. He has a very good cross on him as well.

It's actually incredible when you think that we started the season thinking AMN was a better option. He's like the polar opposite of Chambers; he's quick, bit has no football brain whatsoever.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was alway worried about his lack of pace and never thought he could cut it at RB, but he appears to have developed an ability to read the game, which has countered this. He's rarely caught out of position and can time an interception to perfection. He has a very good cross on him as well.

It's actually incredible when you think that we started the season thinking AMN was a better option. He's like the polar opposite of Chambers; he's quick, bit has no football brain whatsoever.

Could become an Ivanovic type. He has a future here is say, not sure he'll be happy not starting.

I want to play him and Holding as CB but doubt we'll see thay

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Doing a great job. Shame he's only emerged as a serious alternative when Bellerin is about to get back.

Speed isn't everything. You want Theo at full-back?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I have to say, I thought he was slower. I think he is really showcasing his athletic ability by staying in the game recently. I'm very impressed with this lad. He quite clearly isn't ever the quickest on the pitch but he has learned to read the game better as a result. While he may never be a world beater I am thoroughly happy we have him in the squad and we'd be in donkey poo if he wasn't, i believe.

Jae

We've had this argument on here before.

Speed is overrated. Chamber's speed is actually underrated. Not as slow as he's made out to be. Some of the best players to ever play in the prem weren't quick.

If speed is the only thing people can use to knock him then he deserves the spot. IMHO. I'd rather have a skilled and competent footballer who doesn't make mistakes and knows how to put in a tackle, pass and read the game.

There will be times when he may struggle against super quick, pacey wingers, but that's what you have a 25 man squad for.

I still think he's got the best set of feet out of all of our current defenders (until we get to see more of KT).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We've had this argument on here before.

Speed is overrated. Chamber's speed is actually underrated. Not as slow as he's made out to be. Some of the best players to ever play in the prem weren't quick.

If speed is the only thing people can use to knock him then he deserves the spot. IMHO. I'd rather have a skilled and competent footballer who doesn't make mistakes and knows how to put in a tackle, pass and read the game.

There will be times when he may struggle against super quick, pacey wingers, but that's what you have a 25 man squad for.

I still think he's got the best set of feet out of all of our current defenders (until we get to see more of KT).
Sagna is a good example of someone who wasn't absolutely blitz but kept up with the pace of a game very consistently.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'll raise my hand up and say I never thought he had good feet and he surprised me this season with a couple of neat touches to play his way out of trouble. I'm seriously impressed with this guy. His attitude is trumping talent right now and it is exactly what we need.

Jae

I'll raise my hand up and say I never thought he had good feet and he surprised me this season with a couple of neat touches to play his way out of trouble. I'm seriously impressed with this guy. His attitude is trumping talent right now and it is exactly what we need.

I've always liked him mate, I watched him a fair bit in that Southampton team and for Fulham. No coincidence that he got voted Fulham's player of the season (playing CM as well).

I don't think he got a fair crack of the whip under Wenger.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah I thought he is not very slow, not very fast either of course. Maybe he has improved it, who knows. He isn't on that list where Arsenal players speed was measured.

Half a season of these performances and he has gone from 15 million player to 30 million player.

He has renewed in good spirit earlier, I think he loves Arsenal. Tough to say if he will want to stay as squad player still.

Or will he claim those other spots, he can't go past Bellerin. Interesting to see, great British asset to have now.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Yeah I thought he is not very slow, not very fast either of course. Maybe he has improved it, who knows. He isn't on that list where Arsenal players speed was measured.

Half a season of these performances and he has gone from 15 million player to 30 million player.

He has renewed in good spirit earlier, I think he loves Arsenal. Tough to say if he will want to stay as squad player still.

Or will he claim those other spots, he can't go past Bellerin. Interesting to see, great British asset to have now.

He is like Gary Neville but taller. Very complete footballer. Young defenders need experience and he has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom