• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
British pairings in defence often work well, as communication is so important

Chambers, Holding and Tierney could do very well eventually, and Hector is enough of a Londoner these days to be counted in too

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He didn't deserve to lose his place after Newcaslte game in opening day and again he deserve to be starting for more games. we win our 2nd away game with him Sokratis starting and look solid we should keep them Luiz will have to work hard if he want to be back to the side or just sell in Jan if he not happy.
I have been saying this since he was dropped for Luiz. It wasn't deserved. Hope he kicks on now. Put his body on the line today. Have to respect that.

tcahill

Has looked reliable at CB for a number of seasons now. Probably isn't a defender that would win us titles but he steadies the ship for now.

DasBootist

He didn't deserve to lose his place after Newcaslte game in opening day and again he deserve to be starting for more games. we win our 2nd away game with him Sokratis starting and look solid we should keep them Luiz will have to work hard if he want to be back to the side or just sell in Jan if he not happy.
Luiz can **** off. Gallas and Benayoun told me in a dream not to buy players from Chelsea.

I responded with 'I know m8 but I don't work 4 Arsenal'.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Pleased for him as thought he was really awful the past couple of games, though everyone was really.
Would love to see him and Holding have a run of games together.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, but on his first mistake fans will turn against and he will be on their "must sale" list again.
Chambers was always OK for us but fans just don't like him for some reason, they would rather buy Luiz and Sokratis instead
He seems too lethargic.

Sokratis is very rapid, in his defense.

Beast Incarnate

He did okay. The fact that a CB played last night and we're not highlighting their catalogue of errors is about as good as we can expect in this current squad.

Keep him there for the time being and try to figure out a CB combo that works, because all tried so far have failed miserably.

Gunner-Union

British pairings in defence often work well, as communication is so important

Chambers, Holding and Tierney could do very well eventually, and Hector is enough of a Londoner these days to be counted in too

tierney’sGlaswegian May count as a completely different language mate lol
Kidding aside you are right communication is vital back there and having a German as a GK is good as they normally speak excellent English

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Luiz was a decent gamble by the club, especially after losing Kos, plus he didn’t cost too much...if it worked out, he would have been very good for us, sadly looks like he is past it.

Got to admire Chambers though, looked like his Arsenal career was over at various points, but he has battled back very well and is deservedly starting for The Arsenal...drink it it Calum lad, dreams do come true!

boyinneedofhumor

He produced a moment vs West Ham that I found intriguing... where he played a direct pass forward on his left foot... when opponents are pressing in anticipation of a sideways pass to GK/CB...
(Am now finding vids to refresh my memory of that moment)

His biggest attribute imo, is how he consciously moves into a position to try and make himself available/complementary to the defence.

Beast Incarnate

Luiz was a decent gamble by the club, especially after losing Kos, plus he didn’t cost too much...if it worked out, he would have been very good for us, sadly looks like he is past it.

Got to admire Chambers though, looked like his Arsenal career was over at various points, but he has battled back very well and is deservedly starting for The Arsenal...drink it it Calum lad, dreams do come true!

I don't think Luiz has been too bad. He had a shocking couple of games when he first joined, but since he's steadily improved. He's not set the world on fire or anything, but he's been a bit better than Sokratis.

OSBK

Established Member
Shouldve been playing this guy all season instead of those clowns luiz and sok. Try him at dm, he is a better player than dier at Sp**s.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's a low bar, but I fully agree. Deserves to be starting regularly at CB now.

It is a low bar indeed, to think he wasn't a good enough CB to keep his spot for Fulham, that's why they tried him at DM. I was all for moving him on in the summer because I thought Sokratis & Holding would be our starters & Luiz & Mavro/Mustafi as back ups. Its crazy, we have 5 CB's and they're all sh1t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom