• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's not as simple as better CB = fewer goals conceded

CM contributes to defence also.

Yes and if Xhaka goes we have Guen, Torreira, Willock, Cebellos & AMN, all are far better than what we have at CB. Holding hasn't really got back in yet and Chambers is out. We cant go through the season with Sokrapis, Luiz, and Mustafi even with a top CM.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes and if Xhaka goes we have Guen, Torreira, Willock, Cebellos & AMN, all are far better than what we have at CB. Holding hasn't really got back in yet and Chambers is out. We cant go through the season with Sokrapis, Luiz, and Mustafi even with a top CM.

A well trained system with a midfield that protects them helps all defenders. VVD wouldn't look as impressive playing for us.

It's not an either or though think we can agree we need a starting quality player in both positions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A well trained system with a midfield that protects them helps all defenders. VVD wouldn't look as impressive playing for us.

It's not an either or though think we can agree we need a starting quality player in both positions.

I agree, we do need both. Perhaps we should have 2 votes in the poll for Jan players!

GDeep™

League is very weak
That’s him done then. Out for most of this season, will spend the next season trying to get back on track. You can write 18 months off for him, by which time his deal will be coming to an end.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was looking forward to him settling in the team, finally. Very sad.

Hope he has a complete recovery.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Your ACL has a blood vessel with it so when you snap it, it initially hurts then the compartment fills with blood and stops the pain.

Your ACL keeps the joint stable but you can still walk without it gingerly
yeah, that's how it was with my tear. Absolute agony for about a minute, then I could limp on it. Stiffened up later on, and I couldn't walk on it for a couple days without a crutch. Partial tear, no meniscus damage. It's fine now. I do all sorts of stupid stuff on it as well. So glad I never had the op, which was an option presented to me.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Interesting how big injuries always hit our most promising players. Eduardo, Ramsey, Diaby, Wilshere, Bellerin, Holding, Chambers.
Chamakh, Denilson, Elneny and Mustafi always played without a scratch

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I feel for the guy, I have done both my ACL's and it's terrible, but Chambers isn't one of our promising players.

He is a mediocre player amongst a crop of dire players who had a relatively bright start of the season.

In my eyes he's not of the level we strive after and should've been upgraded on in summer. Unfortunately for him, he can't show he's worth a starting position at a decent midtable PL team, unfortunately for us we lost a sellable asset for our rebuild.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think the there’s a role for him to be had, by the time he recovers Luiz contract will be up so there’s already a space there.

But he’s a decent enough squad player that’s home grown and can cover multiple positions.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

An ACL tear is really bad news both for him and us. I know he isn't the greatest player but we need reliable squad players able to play various positions and contribute and he was definitely one of those. Hope this helps build a case for getting a CB and a DM in January. God know we will need them.

Hope he recovers quickly!

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I feel for the guy, I have done both my ACL's and it's terrible, but Chambers isn't one of our promising players.

He is a mediocre player amongst a crop of dire players who had a relatively bright start of the season.

In my eyes he's not of the level we strive after and should've been upgraded on in summer. Unfortunately for him, he can't show he's worth a starting position at a decent midtable PL team, unfortunately for us we lost a sellable asset for our rebuild.

I see Chambers as a utility player that can cover several positions. These players are vital to have in the squad.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Yes what an odd guy to want to get injured and to know 20 minutes before that he is going to get an injury. Uncanny. If they ever do a film of his life I hope Peter Cushing plays him.

Heh, I didn’t mean he intentionally does that... but your post is more funny than what I intended, so carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom