• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Decent performance tbf, but I think he needs to be dropped against Burnley for Luiz. Doesn't deserve to be dropped because of his performance at all, and I'd like to keep him in the team, but when you look a head it'll be the right call.

After Burnley we have Liverpool away and then Sp**s, get Luiz and Sokratis at the back vs Burnley and build up a partnership to take into the Liverpool game.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'd be a huge fan of his, of he was to have the speed and acceleration that is required for a CB of a top4-6 team playing a highline most of the game.

Still like him though, good performance and a very good squad option.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Decent performance tbf, but I think he needs to be dropped against Burnley for Luiz. Doesn't deserve to be dropped because of his performance at all, and I'd like to keep him in the team, but when you look a head it'll be the right call.

After Burnley we have Liverpool away and then Sp**s, get Luiz and Sokratis at the back vs Burnley and build up a partnership to take into the Liverpool game.

I’d consider dropping Sokratis before Calum, he scares me a lot in big games and I can see that Liverpool front three causing havoc against him.

The dream of a Chambers-Holding partnership is still alive.

I'd be a huge fan of his, of he was to have the speed and acceleration that is required for a CB of a top4-6 team playing a highline most of the game.

Still like him though, good performance and a very good squad option.
You don't think Arsenal could finish 3rd!?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You don't think Arsenal could finish 3rd!?

Haha no, I just have to rephrase, was probably a bit confusing as to how I said it - I meant, in regard to Chambers, that he's probably not a CB for a top4 team or even top1-6 just because those teams are trying to dominate most of the games and he lacks the required speed to ensure he can cope with fast counters.

Even the best CBs in the world that kind of seem to always be ahead of the game are caught in a bad position once in a while, but most of them have the speed to make up for it and get back into a position of advantage.

He's still quality though and a very good squad option, but ultimately not one of my 2 CBs for the future to dominate games.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Chambers, that he's probably not a CB for a top4 team or even top1-6 just because those teams are trying to dominate most of the games and he lacks the required speed to ensure he can cope with fast counters.
It's hard to tell these days. Do you think Stones is a worthy champion? I don't think so, but he is a piece of a puzzle for them. That's where I can see Chambers, he can be a good player for us, doesn't ask for big money and we never had any problems with him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Hope he doesn't get dropped, he definitely deserves to keep his place after Newcastle.

People say he isn't good enough for Arsenal, but these same people think Koscielny was the best CB in the league. Chambers is better than Koscielny was at the same age so I don't see the problem.

Jae

Am I the only person who thinks Speed as a CB is massively overrated? Most of the best CB's in the world (and some of the GOATs) aren't/were never quick.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Am I the only person who thinks Speed as a CB is massively overrated? Most of the best CB's in the world (and some of the GOATs) aren't/were never quick.

This is true but the game has also changed somewhat. You'll never be a top CB if you rely on your speed because it means you aren't reading the game.

However, if you have afterburners it means it can get you out of trouble when a moment of excellence occurs (or a moment of idicy from a team mate) like Van Dijk does.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

This is true but the game has also changed somewhat. You'll never be a top CB if you rely on your speed because it means you aren't reading the game.

However, if you have afterburners it means it can get you out of trouble when a moment of excellence occurs (or a moment of idicy from a team mate) like Van Dijk does.

Football is now a hell of a lot less physical and a shed load more technical. Everyone seems to be a 5 foot 7 Spanish midget rather than a 6 foot 4, brick sh1thouse athlete like the days of old (I miss those days).

It's a no brainer really, you'd rather be a fast CB than a slow one, but speed as an attribute ranks fairly low down the requirements for me as a centre half, its a bonus, not a necessity.

boyinneedofhumor

I suppose it partly depends on how high the backline is, and the gap/cover/coordination between the CB and GK...

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's harsh AF but yeah, we need Luiz and Sok to develop a partnership ASAP given the fixtures we have on the horizon.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
He will get his chance this season. Sokratis already opened his account on yellow cards

And tbf , kinda glad that he will be spared the storm that is coming at us, dropping him of course might be disappointing but starting pool away and Sp**s b2b is bound to cause havoc at the back so let experienced heads deal with it.

boyinneedofhumor

Chambers could use this period away from the limelight (assuming he's not starting except cup games perhaps) and tell himself "let's see if I can try something new".
Such as working on his left foot for some short passes, and polishing the weight/distribution of his passes. In a fun and positive manner, and not as a chore.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Football is now a hell of a lot less physical and a shed load more technical. Everyone seems to be a 5 foot 7 Spanish midget rather than a 6 foot 4, brick sh1thouse athlete like the days of old (I miss those days).

It's a no brainer really, you'd rather be a fast CB than a slow one, but speed as an attribute ranks fairly low down the requirements for me as a centre half, its a bonus, not a necessity.

Not true

You can google it.

Distance travelled overall has seen a slight dip but high intensity runs has gone up consideration, ive seen numbers as high as 80% !

More bigger taller guys to

Gunner-Union

Could chambers be a good alternative to Lucas as a dm? He is bigger and stronger and can pass decent and played most of last season there

Jae

Not true

You can google it.

Distance travelled overall has seen a slight dip but high intensity runs has gone up consideration, ive seen numbers as high as 80% !

I honestly don't see what point your making mate. What am I supposed to Google?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I honestly don't see what point your making mate. What am I supposed to Google?
Would have made so much more sense if the conversation had stopped with below...

you'd rather be a fast CB than a slow one, but speed as an attribute ranks fairly low down the requirements for me as a centre half, its a bonus, not a necessity.
Because to me that is spot on.

Having pointed that out though I'd like to add that top teams are certainly searching for players who give that 'bonus'

Reactions: Jae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom