• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who would you drop for him, if at all?

Chambers and Sokratis looked somewhat decent against Newcastle. But Chambers and Luiz should at least give you two centre that can play with the ball.

Jaroyouth76

Feel sorry for chambers as he was solid in pre season and played well against newcastle
I think he is good enough to play him in midfield instead of xhaka least he can get up and down the pitch and can pass better than him too.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Last night's performance left me confused as to why he is being left out of our starting 11.
Body shape was all wrong in the 1st half, letting Kostic come inside but adjusted well later.
I saw this and I was actually watching him very closely afterwards. He played a great game but it wasn't perfect. Considering it is a rare appearance from him I am willing to let the couple little errors go. Great attitude here...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Last night's performance left me confused as to why he is being left out of our starting 11.

I saw this and I was actually watching him very closely afterwards. He played a great game but it wasn't perfect. Considering it is a rare appearance from him I am willing to let the couple little errors go. Great attitude here...
That and plus the fact that his worth performances always came from the RB position. He has better defensive control when playing CB, RB position requires different positioning from a defender which he doesn't do very well.

After the preseason I thought he will be a regular and paired with Holding later, but Emery likes theatrics more than a guy who is quiet and does his job, that's why Mustafi, Sokratis and Xhaka will always be ahead of him.

IchirotoV2

Thought he was horrific in the first half tbh. Either leaving a lot of space for the opposition or chasing shadows. He looked incredibly slow to me. Maybe I missed something according to the comments on here.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought he was horrific in the first half tbh. Either leaving a lot of space for the opposition or chasing shadows. He looked incredibly slow to me. Maybe I missed something according to the comments on here.
Agree the second half was when he settled. There were a couple of nervy moments in the first half and he was responsible for one or two of those. Considering the lack of action he has been given I was really impressed that he grew into the game as opposed to crumbling.

IchirotoV2

Agree the second half was when he settled. There were a couple of nervy moments in the first half and he was responsible for one or two of those. Considering the lack of action he has been given I was really impressed that he grew into the game as opposed to crumbling.
Yeah that's fair, it was a good sign that I didn't take notice of him in the second except for that pass to Auba

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I said in pre-season I would rather play Chambers ar RB than AMN. Chambers will get roosted whenever he comes up against a speedy or tricky winger but still that will be an improvement on AMN who sets up oppositions with a few key passes a game, isn't very good at defending and can't even control a simple ball half the times. Hope he keeps his spot till Bellerin is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom