• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Calahm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is one I could have got wrong because I've been set on offloading him for a while, even after he showed good crossing ability late on against West Ham. Main concern was defensive solidity but he is more convincing now than he was against West Ham and Liverpool, late March / early April, so maybe it has been about a run of games and getting beyond his injury issues. That said, there is more to be seen, and if he plateaus like Holding and Bellerin he won't be much to get excited over beyond being a squad homegrown player.

That said, Pepe scoring two goals against Palace is in part due to support from Chambers. More of an all round performance from what Calum showed in Mar/Apr also. Getting forward with good width to help Pepe cut inside coupled with a reasonably solid defensive base behind Pepe. Not sure about recovery pace still, but other parts to Calum's game, including aptitude, help to make up for that. Still need to see more against top level opposition, but the aim this summer obviously looks to be upgrading on Bellerin anyway.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chambers and Cedric are fighting for the backup RB spot. Simply can’t be keeping both for the sake of it, if this lad is getting a new deal they need to somehow find a club for Cedric.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
parks and recreation television GIF

My Heccy!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i love the way he cross the ball in 2nd half he put it on plate for Auba to tap it in but auba miss it. i like him as player seem always performing when we asked him to but really time to move on if we get good bid.

tcahill

Useful player to have against low block teams, and definitely squad player quality who can challenge for the first team both at CB and RB. Was our best defender pre injury and looks like he's barely missed a beat.

Also seems like an absolutely great lad.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Chambers and Cedric are fighting for the backup RB spot. Simply can’t be keeping both for the sake of it, if this lad is getting a new deal they need to somehow find a club for Cedric.
Cedric is on a four year deal mate and he ain't getting this kind of wage elsewhere.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
My image of him is forever tarnished by memories of him being eviscerated by Jefferson Montero. Surely he hasn’t suddenly become the solution to our RB problem on the back of a couple of good games? Squad level player in a defense full of squad level players.

Mitch

My image of him is forever tarnished by memories of him being eviscerated by Jefferson Montero. Surely he hasn’t suddenly become the solution to our RB problem on the back of a couple of good games? Squad level player in a defense full of squad level players.

1 bad game 7 years ago means he can't be a decent RB? Chambers has been excellent whenever he has played RB since and has cemented the RB starting spot through his excellent form.

Mitch

Feels good to have quality full back pairing we can trust now. First time since Sagna and Nacho.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Scored and assisted against Millwall. I know he isn't everyones cup of ta, but I like him as a RB option and utility player. He has some real strengths and does deliver when asked to play. He is now clearly over his injury and last 12 months he has been really good. I wouldn't mind going into the season with him as our starting RB. Seems like a good quality character also. Plus he brings some much needed hight and physicality to the team to the back line compared to Hector and Cedric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom