• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Calahm

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
He's good for 10-15 games at most as cover. He shouldn't be starting 30 games ffs :lol:

He's not good enough to play a full season. You'll probably be the first to call him dogshit when he inevitably gets exposed.

My tinternet is alittle slow so i will probably be the 5th or 6th to call him that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My tinternet is alittle slow so i will probably be the 5th or 6th to call him that.
In any case, we should be looking to upgrade that position. We're relying on Chambers as an RB because he did well against west Ham. It's like relying on Xhaka because he played well against Chelsea.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He's good for 10-15 games at most as cover. He shouldn't be starting 30 games ffs :lol:

He's not good enough to play a full season. You'll probably be the first to call him dogshit when he inevitably gets exposed.

What makes you think Chambers is not good enough at RB? Chambers was excellent at RB when given the chance at the end of last season. The last poor peformance Chambers had at RB was in 2014.

Apart from Pepe, the most exciting prospect for us about next season is seeing quality full backs in KT and Chambers terrorising opposition full backs down the flanks as well as being solid and reliable defensively.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

In any case, we should be looking to upgrade that position. We're relying on Chambers as an RB because he did well against west Ham. It's like relying on Xhaka because he played well against Chelsea.
He needs to start upgrading main positions instead of dealing with backups. We have 3 back ups for Bellerin and now 2 back ups for Tierney. SMH.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

When I think about Chambers at RB specifically, it reminds me of a lyric from Joyner Lucas when he was dissing Baldy Lanez:

"You okay but you ain't nobody favorite
You aight but you ain't nobody major"

I get the same vibe with Chambers on the right, he can play there, he can even look quite good at times but on the whole he's just alright.

The problem is that I think we'll probably be concentrating on CM, CAM and a back up goalie before thinking about a RB.

I suppose if we could convince AMN to start there and keep Chambers as back up that might work, but it's whether or not Ainsley would be up for it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sounds like an intro to Hercules and Xena TV shows. Well played...greats shows they were.
Haha well pretty close, it's the great man Ron Burgundy from Anchorman... Unfortunately Calum has cut his hair now so it's a bit of a redundant post...

mpower2540

So sick of us indulging players who aren’t good enough. He was trash tonight, he’s been here since 2014 and has never convincingly nailed down a starting place.

He was taken off for a LB who outperformed him. Nice lad, full of effort but please we cannot have this guy as our first choice right back.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Had his first non good peformance at RB since 2014 and the pitch forks are out because he is blonde.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Really poor again.

Tierney is proper full back and has all the attributes. He can attack quickly, is nippy, twists and turns defenders inside out, dribbles and crosses from the by -line.

Bellerin has some attributes but lacks consistency, Cedric is quick but head down, lacks decision making and can't dribble. Chambers has non of the attributes needed.

Malky

Established Member
This guy had one or two decent games at RB recently and this forum lost it's mind that he was the answer to the problem.
We still need a RB, Chambers is nowhere near good enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's be clear he not RB he can have a good games but that not his position and we massively need upgrade we have 3 RB non of them above average

Liam_Og

Useful utility player. But not a starting RB, had a few good performances end of last season and the hype grew, his final ball is all bout pace and power, not placement, literally watched 5 or 6 of his crosses either blocked or blasted at someone.

Not that our crossing based system makes any sense with no aerially dominant striker or late runner from midfield.

The system doesn’t help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom