• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Glad to see the lad has caught the eye of the new boss.

The fact he's seen enough of him to insist he stays (in addition to his previous efforts) shows that he has earned his keep & will have plenty of chances to impress.

He'll mature in his own time & marshall a defense comfortably, but for now I want him, Holding & Mavropanos to benefit from the old hand of Sokratis/Koscielny on the field & Mertesacker/Bould off it.

Best news in a day of football intermission :bounce:
All looks good in terms of what we are doing defensively, seems a clear purpose and focus on this in the transfers we've already done.
Like that we signed Sokratis a fellow greek for Mavropanos to learn from.
Fear Koscielny is done for us as a starter though but will still be a good guy to have around even for the experience factor.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well done Big Cal need a big season from him hopefully Emery and Carlos make improve him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He was excellent on loan. Middlesborough were comfortably midtable, with no real prospect of relegation before his injury, and then when he returned, he was pretty good whenever he was out there. He's been much better than Holding (who is also promising) and Mustafi. Definitely deserves a chance.

I think Emery might see him and Sokratis starting, in the future?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
The last games were really promising for the next years.

Could imagine he will fight for a sport next to Sokratis in the pre season.

Impact

Established Member
Interesting interview at the close of the game. Looks like Emery has suggested that Calum consider the role of #6 more closely. Played there during his development phase in the Southampton Academy. Remains to be seen if he has the ability to do so at the top level, though I do recall a promising game at the Emirates against Bournemouth a few seasons ago.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting interview at the close of the game. Looks like Emery has suggested that Calum consider the role of #6 more closely. Played there during his development phase in the Southampton Academy. Remains to be seen if he has the ability to do so at the top level, though I do recall a promising game at the Emirates against Bournemouth a few seasons ago.

A fascinating thing about Chambers playing DM, is that he can drop deeper into defense and we can switch to 3 at the back. Lots of tactical flexibility if he can play DM.

Impact

Established Member
A fascinating thing about Chambers playing DM, is that he can drop deeper into defense and we can switch to 3 at the back. Lots of tactical flexibility if he can play DM.

Exactly, similar to Dier's role at Sp**s though Chambers strikes me as a better ball player than Eric.

Keplaz

He won't play there long term, unless we are looking for another CB. The midfield is really saturated right now and I don't think he signed a new contract for an experiment. He will partner Sokratis.

Impact

Established Member
He won't play there long term, unless we are looking for another CB. The midfield is really saturated right now and I don't think he signed a new contract for an experiment. He will partner Sokratis.

CB is saturated too: Sokratis, Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding and Mavropanos. We'll have to wait and see.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
CB is saturated too: Sokratis, Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding and Mavropanos. We'll have to wait and see.

I don't think we would buy Guendouzi in this summer just to play Chambers in this position.

I think he can play this because of his good passing, but it's surely not his positon.

The best two CBs will play in the PL, two at least in the Europe League. Koscielny is still out for a time and we don't know how he will return.

Divided_Pie

Emery likes his deepest midfielder to drop down between the CBs to form a back three (as Motta does). That's not the best role for Torreria, as it exposes his lack of height and doesn't fully utilize his mobility.

I'm guessing Emery is looking for his Motta and may be unconvinced by Xhaka. That's perhaps why we've heard of offers for N'Zonzi, and why Chambers is being tried there.

Chambers IMO is not a good 1v1 defender - he was beaten badly multiple times last season in those situations.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion the last thing Chambers needs right now is to be told to re-adjust and learn another position. He's had too much of that already. He's a centre-half, maybe at times he can do a job elsewhere, but he's a centre-half. You have to know what you are.

nick gould

Emery likes his deepest midfielder to drop down between the CBs to form a back three (as Motta does). That's not the best role for Torreria, as it exposes his lack of height and doesn't fully utilize his mobility.

I'm guessing Emery is looking for his Motta and may be unconvinced by Xhaka. That's perhaps why we've heard of offers for N'Zonzi, and why Chambers is being tried there.

Chambers IMO is not a good 1v1 defender - he was beaten badly multiple times last season in those situations.
Emery didn’t do much managing at PSG. The players had too much power. You will have to base your analysis on his Sevilla side. I think the new board is signing players on new contracts to avoid the Jack Wilshere or Sanchez contract situation. Gives the club a lot of leeway. And guys don’t rule out Elneny just yet in that defensive position. And Elneny can drop into the back 3 relatively easily to collect the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom