• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_shadow

Established Member
SiMamu said:
Matt Law @Matt_Law_DT · 38m

Wenger made it clear after Arsenal game that he has signed Calum Chambers as a centre back or central midfielder - not really a right back
Kike spot on then.
Glad Wenger has made the right decisions about our young RBs.

Chambers has probably been the most impressive of our signings so far. Although that obviously doesn't mean much at this stage, but he looks promising.
I do wonder though, he's been promised a decent amount of game time, will he get it if we bring in a Vermaelen replacement and new DM?

Looks a natural CB to me at the moment, but it would be great to have a physical specimen at DM.

Wouterus

cannonade said:
Well he's going to get a lot of games as BFG rounds into shape, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at DM as a backup.
Per will be in shape soon enough, seems the type of guy who wakes up at 7 am during the summer, enjoys a Blueberry-Broccoli shake, goes for a run, takes a shower and reunites with his wife in their super solid German custom made extra long bed. After Crystal Palace I expect Mertesacker will be back for the Champions League qualifiers.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Said it before a couple of pages back , but he has all the ingredients to be a great DM . Upright , good on the ball and Wenger seems to be impressed with his endurance .

Buhry

Established Member

ModelGooner said:
GDeep said:
Serious serious talent. If only he was a few inches taller.

He's 19, got an inch or two left.

Most people stop growing way earlier than 19 heigthwise bro, I doubt it.

Could still be an exellent CB at his height though, Cannavaro seemed to do OK a few inches shorter than him and Koscielny isn't that tall, nor are guys like Terry.

He does look like a good prospect, very calm and combosed on the ball at least.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
He does seem to have a very good pass on him. Seen him make a few quality passes right from the defence into the enemies half. The passes were also on the ground which makes them all the more impressive. It's pretty clear that he will play CB and DM when we need it.

Bellerin is Debuchy's understudy. He has been promoted to first team.

Wenger will sign a CM. He will sign a winger if an amazing player becomes avaliable (Özil/Sanchez level signing).

Miquil will also stay with the club this season as forth choice CB I believe, unless some offer comes in.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Calum Chambers vs AS Monaco 03/08/14

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQBi_I9ow6o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQBi_I9ow6o</a>

Floating

Established Member
Chambers is a decent height — he's at least 6'0 or 6'1 now and could easily grow another inch as he's only 19. I'm most impressed with his composure and positioning though. Massive prospect.

BobP

Memri Fan
They really do train them well at Southampton.

Been very impressed with him so far, he's composed and he seems to be in the right place at the right time when danger is present.

I also like the way he plays the ball out of defense, they were only friendlies but he played a few accurate balls to the frontmen from defense.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He Looks like an all action central midfielder to me. His Reading of the game, aerial ability, passing range, technical ability and calmness in possession all seem good enough for central midfield. Why spend 30 million on Carvalho where we probably already have a better player. Would Like to see him in dm vs City. Replace Vermaelen, promote Bellerin and a youngster for cb and we are set. Chambers looks ready.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Far too young and inexperienced to be trusted as our mid to long term CM, would be wreck less decision by Wenger and one he surely wouldn't make although the idea of Ramsey, Chambers, Wilshere, Ox and Theo all lining up in midfield is somewhat exciting.

Iceman10

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:
He Looks like an all action central midfielder to me. His Reading of the game, aerial ability, passing range, technical ability and calmness in possession all seem good enough for central midfield. Why spend 30 million on Carvalho where we probably already have a better player. Would Like to see him in dm vs City. Replace Vermaelen, promote Bellerin and a youngster for cb and we are set. Chambers looks ready.

If you want to scrape by for top 4 that is a plan. If you want to genuinely challenge for PL and CL then it is just plain nutty.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What has age got to do with it, that won't be a concern for Wenger. As Far as experience goes. He has more experience in England than any other player we could bring in from the outside other than Schneiderlin.

People are so quick to bring in wonder kids as starters from foreign leagues such as Draxler, Carvalho, Morata, Drmic or whoever but players who are actually at our club and look the part are too inexperienced? Yeah Let's bench the ox and chambers for a few more years, see where that gets us. Ox Is ready to displace Cazorla, Chambers can currently contribute more than our defensive midfielders. Why Not give him a shot? Maybe If his name was Shaw he wouldn't be classed as inexperienced.

Iceman10

Established Member
Why spend 30 million on Carvalho where we probably already have a better player.

Sorry, but that is just plain idiotic. Normally try to be diplomatic but at the same time don't want to waste time on what is a non-starter of an argument based on trying to move from a top 4 club to a club competing for PL & CL honours in tandem with our position of financial strength.

fabo

6.51 / 10
If Playmaker is over 15, I'll eat my hat.

You've never watched carvalho or seen chambers play in midfield yet come to some strange conclusions (on most topics it seems). Gooners are the worst for hyping kids, had to deactivate the twitter account because my eyes bled daily. 95% ******.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Chambers is such an assured and competent young player it's a shame there weren't two of them to buy! Solid and very astute signing by Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom