• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Callum Chambers wearing no.5 and Vermaelen not in any of the training pics...I guess that's that, then - we need a new CB.

rsz_zp_503693723_sm_1827_b6_16aec2_9283.jpg

Loken

Suave Gooner89 said:
Callum Chambers wearing no.5 and Vermaelen not in any of the training pics...I guess that's that, then - we need a new CB.

He's got the number 21 mate, probably just haven't had any printed off yet for training. Vermaelen missing from training is strange though, Belgium went out at the quarters just like France.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chambers does take the no.5 sooner or later though.

cannonade

Established Member
Loken said:
Suave Gooner89 said:

He's got the number 21 mate, probably just haven't had any printed off yet for training. Vermaelen missing from training is strange though, Belgium went out at the quarters just like France.

He was injured wasn't he? In the warm-ups to the USA game? Even so, he should at least be at Colney rehabbing if he was part of the squad.

Floating

Established Member
cannonade said:
Don't have the picture, but from the main site CC wearing #21 in the afternoon session today in Austria.

Yep, that's his number... It's already been confirmed by the official site.

benjamin86

Established Member
I wonder if his long term position will be CDM, used to play CM currently playing RB for club and CB for England u19.
Best CDM's should be able to drop in CB or cover for a FB if they're to far up the pitch.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Kieran GibbsVerified account
‏@KieranGibbs
'Listen mate theres only one Chambo round here' #SouthamptonFriend

BttRTsWIAAAiHKV.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/KieranGibbs/status/494077984148840448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/KieranGibbs/status/ ... 4148840448</a>

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Loken said:
Suave Gooner89 said:

Vermaelen's due back on the 2nd/3rd

mo50

Established Member
Jasard said:
Geoff mentioned we'd sign a young English defender a couple of weeks back, heh...

I guarantee you that was because we were linked with Jones/Smalling from United and he had to come out with some vague nonsense to seem in the loop.

I've sussed out Geoff's motto. Stick enough sh*t on the wall, delete the tweet after enough people have seen it and act all smug when one or so predictions (based on speculation from legitimate journalists) come to fruition.

Chambers is a fantastic signing. I never felt Jenkinson would amount to anything here so I'm happy we'll be investing time and money on a legitimate young talent.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Callum Chambers played CB alongside Steve Bould:

<a class="postlink" href="http://instagram.com/p/rEc3CxqTyp/?modal=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://instagram.com/p/rEc3CxqTyp/?modal=true</a>

Buhry

Established Member

Southampton fans seem mighty upset about selling him so that's a good sign.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Wenger on the English Core.

"Spain won with six from Barça, Germany with six from Munich. I hope England can win it with six from Arsenal."

alboots101

Established Member
Jasard said:
Bould to replace TV? :)

:lol:

This could be a cracking buy.

It`s been a long time since I was this excited at the start of the season, so many good things are happening around our club, it seems that LE GRAND PLAN is about to bear fruit.

I`m quite possibly more excited with getting this lad in than Sanchez.

DanielVale

Gotta feel for Southampton, mass exodus...cracking youth policy...will be a shame if they went down imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom