• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I like him. Sort of hope we keep the 3 at the back formation for some games so Holding and Calum get games. Sign a left footed CB as well.

karl

The only problem with Calum is the same as Mustafi; a little on the short side for central defence. I don't know why Arsène tried to convert him, because he would be useful at right back.

It was a very high fee for the little he had played & predominantly RB at PL level.

Hard road to break through here at CB with the competition & really hope he never plays a minute again for us at RB.

If we could break even or make a small profit to strengthen other areas would be all for it.

Its not a high fee. Decent fee in modern climate for young English talent.

And what is it with breaking even. I know we are not Chelsea, City or United. But we don't have to worry about those things anymore.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The only problem with Calum is the same as Mustafi; a little on the short side for central defence. I don't know why Arséne tried to convert him, because he would be useful at right back.

Wenger didn't convert anyone. Chambers was a CB when coming through the ranks at Southampton. They played him at RB and RW because he had the talent and coaches felt it would help his development.

Chambers from a young age was seen as a CB.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Could see it if he added something different to the group being left footed, a physically imposing CB or extra quality on the ball.

Ewarwoowar

The acquisition and player management of chambers seems infinitely more palatable than that of 30million Luke Shaw albeit blighted by injury. Always a risk splashing cash on unknown variables but Chambers is proving versatile and well worth 17 in todays market.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Wenger didn't convert anyone. Chambers was a CB when coming through the ranks at Southampton. They played him at RB and RW because he had the talent and coaches felt it would help his development.

I think he was shoved into different positions because of injuries to our RBs etc

karl

I missed that. Maybe Wenger just likes shorter centre backs. Most of them are just around 6' apart from Mertesacker

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I missed that. Maybe Wenger just likes shorter centre backs. Most of them are just around 6' apart from Mertesacker
Pers pace was defo an issue but his height & different style a big asset. Two undersized front footed defenders has never completely worked under Wenger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We got Holding and Chambers for 20M. City will potentially spend 110M on Van Dijk and Stones.

Think I know who got the better deal.
'Deals' don't matter to City. Deals matter to us. As far as they're concerned, they'll get the better players. What does paying £50m over the odds matter to them?

GDeep™

League is very weak
'Deals' don't matter to City. Deals matter to us. As far as they're concerned, they'll get the better players. What does paying £50m over the odds matter to them?
I'm looking cash plus players. I think we've signed the better players.

Though we might have to wait for them to deliver while Van Dijk delivers straight away.

Ewarwoowar

Pers pace was defo an issue but his height & different style a big asset. Two undersized front footed defenders has never completely worked under Wenger.
Most teams don't primarily target the goal with us, set pieces are the order of the day, zonal marking first before head height is our Kryptonite, oh and the odd abandonment of all sense of defense at the s***e moment too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It was a very high fee for the little he had played & predominantly RB at PL level.

Hard road to break through here at CB with the competition & really hope he never plays a minute again for us at RB.

If we could break even or make a small profit to strengthen other areas would be all for it.
We have an aging Kos, an inconsistent Mustafi and Gabriel and a young and unproven Holding for him to compete with. He's hardly trying to get into the Juventus back line.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We have an aging Kos, an inconsistent Mustafi and Gabriel and a young and unproven Holding for him to compete with. He's hardly trying to get into the Juventus back line.
Thats kind of what I mean we are adding yet another right sided, light weight undersized CB. I hope we bring in someone to complement Kos preferably an imposing CB & ideally left sided. Its crowded back up wise without the starting quality.

Thats kind of what I mean we are adding yet another right sided, light weight undersized CB. I hope we bring in someone to complement Kos preferably an imposing CB & ideally left sided. Its crowded back up wise without the starting quality.

What are you talking about with light weight? You do know that Chambers is very strong player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom