• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrytheking14

I still respect him, you just accept he's a little wacky.

Lost all credibility though when after years of begging, he was given a role by Wenger but walked out soon after for more money.
I'll never forget that moment against Everton, spine tingling. Captain Fantastic.

Just wish he'd shut his f**kin' mouth though.

Rouski

With Kos, Mustafi, Holding, Monreal, Chambers, Gabriel, Mertesacker, makeshift CB's Kolasinac and Coquelin looks like there's more than enough competition for the back three. Bielik to come back in next season for Mertesacker.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Still sickens me that this lad gets a raw deal from a considerable portion of the fanbase for the disgusting capitulation on the opening day mauling we received at the hands of Liverpool. It's as though they ignore Arsène's BLATANT mismanagement & announcement that " we weren't ready" and simply used him as the scapegoat, even though he had Holding, Monreal & Bellerin all equally diabolical on the day.

He was the same as Holding was when he was brought in, slotted in well & had a number of commendable appearances in central defence. He handled himself well at Boro & I do hope he gets the chance to prove himself again next season, he can be a great defender for us.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I have not paid close attention to his performances at Boro. For those who have, what is your verdict? Could he fit in well in a 3-4-3 system?

Rouski

Still sickens me that this lad gets a raw deal from a considerable portion of the fanbase for the disgusting capitulation on the opening day mauling we received at the hands of Liverpool. It's as though they ignore Arséne's BLATANT mismanagement & announcement that " we weren't ready" and simply used him as the scapegoat, even though he had Holding, Monreal & Bellerin all equally diabolical on the day.

He was the same as Holding was when he was brought in, slotted in well & had a number of commendable appearances in central defence. He handled himself well at Boro & I do hope he gets the chance to prove himself again next season, he can be a great defender for us.

Agree with the second paragraph Chambers looked top class when he came in first, got capped by England for his performances. Holding should be in line for England senior call up if he keeps up the current form.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Boro only won 1 out the 14 games he missed for Boro.

I've read Chambers played very well in last England under 21 match. I am going to try and catch their next game.

neimad

I'll never forget that moment against Everton, spine tingling. Captain Fantastic.

Just wish he'd shut his f**kin' mouth though.

Remember that well. Was a real turning point for the club. Having our captain scoring like that. I think Adams,like a lot of ex pros, whilst his heart is in the right place his brain doesn't function when he speaks and he's found of the headline grabbing comments as it makes him seem edgy.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chambers and Holding are both ready to play regularly in the team, and now that we can switch between 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1 I think we'll be able to find plenty of chances to give them minutes.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we kind of used two squads with one focusing on Europa League and the League Cup and the other on the League and the FA Cup.

Chambers and Holding should get plenty of minutes in the Europa League and the League Cup.

Also, Chambers has been starting over Holding for England's u21 squad, and that doesn't mean he's better than Holding, but it does show that he's getting the type of experience that he needs.

Also, it looks like Chambers and Holding are forming a good rapport with the England u21 squad and that bodes well for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Keown thinks a 3 would suit Chambers. Also says other clubs want him on loan, so there is a decision to be made - does he think he'll play enough here or will he go on loan.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Boro only won 1 out the 14 games he missed for Boro.

I've read Chambers played very well in last England under 21 match. I am going to try and catch their next game.
For all intent and purposes he done very well at Boro. Best defensive record from the bottom 7 so he certainly done his job.

Still holding firm that I want both on loan getting regular 90 minutes then to come back and be starting for us.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think also back 3 would suit Chambers. Good on the ball, has legs and tackles. Holding the middle and CC on the RCB spot.

@bingobob Think both are ready. I see where you are coming from but we'd have plenty of games next season in an odd schedule so many opportunities will show up. Consider Per has one foot in retirement, Kos has has a recurring problem, Mustafi missed a few this season and we're left with Gabriel. Monreal also but we'll have to see how Kolasinac does before making Nacho permanent at CB. We're not very good with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom