• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Think Sky Sports have linked him with every bottom half club in the league over the past 4 years. They do seem weirdly close to the Fulham owner, though.. so maybe there is actually something in it this time.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'm not a big advocate of Chambers, but I'd dump Holding or even cut my losses on Mustafi before I'd let him go. He's physically very strong and has shown some good form this season.

Realistically though, none of our CB's are up to par. It's a question of who's less damaging to our defence rather than who we think will still be contributing to the club in 3-4 years.

CanadianGooner1608

Might be in the minority here, but I don't want to see the back of Chambers yet.

Admittedly there wasn't much to play for by then, but he showed some encouraging signs towards the end of the season. I think his pairing with Mavropanos in the future could be something interesting to witness.

Too soon to give up on him imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we should really consider get Sessegnon in this deal the guy going to end up like Bale. i won't mind us selling Chambers and Get Sessegnon and leave him in Fulham for one season loan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On what basis? Have you seen enough of the young Turk to know he's that much of an upgrade on chambers, nevermind two players from the first team squad being sacrificed to fund the deal.

Well we are after a goalkeeper so Ospina becomes expendable. Soyuncu is quite clearly a big upgrade on chambers who hasn’t improved in around 4 years now. It’s time to move along instead of continuously giving average players a chance.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Well we are after a goalkeeper so Ospina becomes expendable. Soyuncu is quite clearly a big upgrade on chambers who hasn’t improved in around 4 years now. It’s time to move along instead of continuously giving average players a chance.

Why is he clearly an upgrade? Very hard to study a defenders style of play through YouTube videos so I haven't even bothered searching out one to watch.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why is he clearly an upgrade? Very hard to study a defenders style of play through YouTube videos so I haven't even bothered searching out one to watch.

Because Chambers is seriously average. I rate selling Chambers and giving a highly rated youngster a chance. If we’re looking at spending £30m+ on Soyuncu then it means he’s the real deal.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Because Chambers is seriously average. I rate selling Chambers and giving a highly rated youngster a chance. If we’re looking at spending £30m+ on Soyuncu then it means he’s the real deal.

He'd need to be the real deal at that price and a hell of an upgrade on chambers but I'm not convinced it's worth the gamble based on what some of the resident bundesliga fans on here have said.

I was thinking maybe you had watched him regularly and had a different opinion on his ability.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

we should really consider get Sessegnon in this deal the guy going to end up like Bale. i won't mind us selling Chambers and Get Sessegnon and leave him in Fulham for one season loan.

Once they got promoted realistically there’s no chance he’d leave.

Him and his twin have come up through the academy together and the estate he’s from is walking distance from Craven Cottage. Walks home from games sometimes. He has strong emotional ties to the club, honestly refreshing to see the bond they have.

Likeliest scenario is he stays and plays first team football for his boyhood club in the Premier League for a year before securing himself a move anywhere next summer. And by anywhere I mean anywhere, if he builds on last year I reckon one of the big 3 comes in for him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd want a buy back option with Chambers. Reckon he could become a very refined centre back. Sell Holding.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Once they got promoted realistically there’s no chance he’d leave.

Him and his twin have come up through the academy together and the estate he’s from is walking distance from Craven Cottage. Walks home from games sometimes. He has strong emotional ties to the club, honestly refreshing to see the bond they have.

Likeliest scenario is he stays and plays first team football for his boyhood club in the Premier League for a year before securing himself a move anywhere next summer. And by anywhere I mean anywhere, if he builds on last year I reckon one of the big 3 comes in for him.

Also would expect him to cost 50m now.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom