• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

One Love

I almost hope we sell him just to force Wenger's hand at buying a CB. It's an absolute necessity, especially if we're going to continue this 343 crap, as we don't even have 3 quality center backs as is.

I almost hope we sell him just to force Wenger's hand at buying a CB. It's an absolute necessity, especially if we're going to continue this 343 crap, as we don't even have 3 quality center backs as is.
This logic doesn't tend to work here because it's unlikely that if anyone does get brought in it would be of the quality actually required.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

It isn't going to "force Wenger's hand", he is the one making these decisions.... He buys the players and sells them ffs!!

Just because people have known for a while that some of these players aren't good enough, they think they're forcing Wenger to do this stuff...

None of you actually know what he's trying to do in terms of outgoings and ingoing, or how difficult it is to move players like Jenks when they're on big money. People bleat and moan about this, but it's not so easy to move players on for Wenger as it is for Man City who can just write off millions of pounds as "mistakes" and shift players like Bony, Rodwell, Nolito, Negredo, Sinclair on the cheap to the buyer/loaner by massively subsidising....

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The only good thing about this guy still being here is that we somehow could use him to get Van Dijk.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
IMO Gabriel is a better defender than Chambers. Gabriel has been sold. Thus, in my world, Chambers should be sold as well for a pretty penny since he is young and english.

JHusMan

Koscielny started 33 league games last season and also had to deal with CL football. He won't be involved in the Europa league, surely? I see no reason why he can't play 30+ league games once again.

He isn't finished at all, chambers however is. Not even in the u23's tonight, needs to go asap.

TheLawOfDiQ

Similarly to Holding, he started his Arsenal career very brightly. A certain Montero destroyed him and he was dropped, but there is a really good player still in there. If we can give Gibbs a decade to come good, we can give Chambers a little more time.

pikey2000

He's gone imo. Hasn't made the starting squad for two games where we are completely bereft any CB's, has to be on his way out surely.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Similarly to Holding, he started his Arsenal career very brightly. A certain Montero destroyed him and he was dropped, but there is a really good player still in there. If we can give Gibbs a decade to come good, we can give Chambers a little more time.
We gave Gibbs a decade to come good gave him multiple pay rises and are now struggling to shift him when we could have done so much easier several years ago.

If Chambers goes then we should applaud Wenger from learning from this type of mistake. He may become a top player but given what we have seen before with players like Gibbs I wouldn't be too worried.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
We gave Gibbs a decade to come good gave him multiple pay rises and are now struggling to shift him when we could have done so much easier several years ago.

If Chambers goes then we should applaud Wenger from learning from this type of mistake. He may become a top player but given what we have seen before with players like Gibbs I wouldn't be too worried.

I think your points about selling at peak value are some of your strongest. Looking at it, even Jenkinson got an England cap in 2012. That is astonishing since he really is probably no more than good player at Championship/lower PL level.

Chambers has 3 caps to his name...

Top Bottom