• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy13

Established Member
Wzq76FW.jpg

Calum Chambers signs for Arsenal

Calum Chambers has joined Arsenal from Southampton on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old made his Premier League debut for the Saints on the opening day of the 2013/14 campaign, going on to feature 22 times in the competition last term.

Chambers joined the Southampton academy aged seven, breaking into the club’s first team squad at the beginning of 2012/13.

Tall and athletic, the versatile youngster started his career in midfield, but established himself at right back last season and can also play in the centre of defence. He is currently captain of England Under-19s.

Arsène Wenger said: "We are very pleased that Calum has agreed to join us. The way he adapted to the Premier League last season with Southampton at a young age shows that he has tremendous quality. He has a lot of the attributes that we look for in a young player and I am sure that he will do well with us.”

Chambers said: "I am so happy to be signing for Arsenal. They are a team I have much admired for their playing style, and a team who have been one of the top sides in Europe for many years. I'm looking forward to joining up with my new team-mates today and beginning preparation for the season ahead.

"I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone at Southampton FC for everything they have done for me and for making this move possible."

It is expected that Chambers will make his first Arsenal appearance at the Emirates Cup 2014, which takes place at Emirates Stadium on August 2 and 3.

Chambers’ Arsenal squad number will be revealed soon through Arsenal’s official Instagram account.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to welcome Calum to the club.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140728/calum-chambers-completes-move-to-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... to-arsenal</a>

Welcome to Arsenal!

arsmile

Established Member
YAY!

we are making some fantastic grounds in the market.

Great couple of additions announced in the last few hours

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From Wenger comments looks like he rate him very highly hopefully Chambers prove us why we pay alot money for him. Welcome Calum!

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
This window feels so weird. None of that feeling of disappointment at this stage. Its such a varied bunch of signings, and this one has really surprised me. I literally have no idea whats in wengers mind in terms of who plays and where, but i am happy with the personnel we have with which to do it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Welcome to Arsenal, hope he gets some good game time this year, even with Debuchy already being here.

Flow

Finally some real young talent in our back four.

Great signing. Him + CB if TV5 leaves, give us amazing depth.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When Wenger spends on young players you know you're in for a fun ride as they're hits 9 times out of 10.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great signing, but hopefully we bring another one in for Verms.

What a fantastic transfer window so far, yet with each signing, I'm getting greedier for another one. :D

caldeltatrojan

Welcome to the Arsenal Calum! Very interesting that AW spent more on Chambers than Debuchy. Is he our right back of the future? Or is he going to play CB? Should be very interesting indeed.

spartandre217

Established Member
This is easily the most bizarre summer I've ever experienced as an Arsenal fan :lol:

For once, we're addressing weaknesses/losses across the squad and doing it before we're fully into pre-season.

If you'd asked me whether I saw this coming, ever, I'd have laughed in your face.

At best I thought we'd make 3 signings, many of those being replacements/downgrades on our losses but so far it's been rather the opposite. 2 additions, 2 replacements and all quality for decent prices.

GDeep™

League is very weak
a_fourteen said:
GDeep said:
When Wenger spends on young players you know you're in for a fun ride as they're hits 9 times out of 10.
Is Denilson the one out of ten in your equation?

No, Jeffers, my equation only counts guys who cost over 5M.

Young guys who cost less than that come into the 'punt' territory.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Reminds me of a few Highbury windows where Wenger splashed out a few times.

Keep it going, let's sign a striker too, come on Wengaaaa.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Top signing this, can't wait to see him in Arsenal colours.

Welcome!

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Hope he really proves that he is the ultimate utility man. If he does, Wenger will be in tears, he finally found what he was looking for all these years.

Great to see that he isn't going to under direct pressure because of Debuchy. Great signing!

Now DM, CB and winger/striker left. Can't believe Wenger will fill all the gaps in the squad within one transfer window. Proves that he was really being held back by the Emirates move.

Dave_Ja_Vu

GDeep said:
Reminds me of a few Highbury windows where Wenger splashed out a few times.

Keep it going, let's sign a striker too, come on Wengaaaa.

Summer 2001... Now that was a glorious summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom