• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can Chuba Akpom be the #9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Sometimes it's the finer details that can decide things. Like Clrnc said, it's pretty telling that despite his hat-trick in Singapore he didn't start either game at the Emirates Cup against potential European opposition. Tbf I don't think he's ready myself, a loan is the perfect thing for him at the minute.
Not for such a stubborn manager like ours. The fact he didn't start in the Emirates cup supports my case, Wenger didn't suddenly decide he doesn't rate Chuba as a option because of that one performance, he didn't rate him from the get go.

I agree though, he needs a good two-three years away proving he not just another Wele.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has something. Good movement from him earned us a penalty.

Not sure about his long term future here but his wages are probably nothing to us. May as well keep him around.

He has something. Good movement from him earned us a penalty.

Not sure about his long term future here but his wages are probably nothing to us. May as well keep him around.

This was hopefully first step of many he is taking to revamp his career.

I still remember his Nottingham forest loan, I watched like 4 games and everyone were refusing to pass to him. Their football was all about sending long ball to the other striker who would then try to force him through by him self.

Chuba always striked me as a character that would have done better waiting for his game time in Arsenal environment.

I'm a still huge fan of him! And yesterday I saw a lot of Iwobi in his play. Very matured and intelligent!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Thoughts on this? Could be telling the truth, Akpom plays a lot better when he's not scoring goals.
He's been saying that for a while - and I agree. Akpom plays a hell of a lot better when he's not pressuring himself to score. At youth level, when confident, he would play all across the front line and he was still relatively goal oriented but there was far more teamplay from him. I feel that at CF, he's found it difficult to deal with imposing himself on matches confidently as he's weighed himself down with "I have to score, I have to score" and it affects his game IMO.

He just needs to calm down and do things he's good at. He has a lot of pace, is a decent dribbler, better technically than given credit and he actually does link up very well with other players. Once he settles down, the goals will come at this level, but he doesn't need to obsess about them.

nick gould

He played really well. It worked, his loan move. Doesn't look anxious and desperate to impress. Hope he gets further chances to play.
I agree. He seems to make the right decisions most of the times now. He has a close first touch, makes some good runs, can dribble, his shooting has improved.

He needs to scor goals and work on closing down.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I agree. He seems to make the right decisions most of the times now. He has a close first touch, makes some good runs, can dribble, his shooting has improved.

He needs to scor goals and work on closing down.
Yeah, and like Mutable said the goals will come if he keeps calm and focus on overall performances. I had never seen him play much actually apart from Pre Season with us but highlights from his Hull loan showed he can play for the first team and has interesting elements in his game that needs maturing and unlocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom