• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can Fulham do an Everton this season?

Guns and Arses

David Moyes and Chris Coleman had similar first two seasons in charge (making an impact in the first, battling relegation in the second), and Moyes defied the odds to take Everton to Europe in 0405. Can Coleman do the same in his third season in charge? What are your thoughts?

dev_atdi

No, I don't think so. They haven't got enough quality...plus they've sold their marksman in Andy Cole and failed to bring Saha back. They'll struggle to stay up if anything.

Canuck

Established Member
I suppose anything is possible. I don't think Coleman is that bad a manager. But I'm highly dubious that they'll reach the dizzying heights that Everton have. In fact I doubt that Everton will do as well this time out as they did last.

Army of Me

Established Member
ı agree wıth dev, they've got relegatıon dogfıght wrıtten all over them. as for everton, ı see a uefa cup place for them, they just happened to have a very good season last year but they havent strengthened enough to make 4th spot agaın.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
they dont have a midfield engine (Gravesen) or shrewd signing (Cahill) to boast. Defensively they arent as sound as Everton. Volz is decent, but also their best defender. That should tell you something right there....

Chicago

USArsenal said:
they dont have a midfield engine (Gravesen) or shrewd signing (Cahill) to boast. Defensively they arent as sound as Everton. Volz is decent, but also their best defender. That should tell you something right there....

they don't, then in what capacity does bouba diop play? He's no viera but I'd easily rate him as good as Gravesen.

but I"m gonna say no becaues they lost one hell of a keeper and one hell of a striker and as of right now it doesn't look as though either are getting replaced. If Coleman can bring is good replacements then they'll have an outside shot.

Seed

No way, I dont think so, Everton last season were all about Graveson and Cahill, Grav bossed the midfield and although Diop is good, Cahill scored vital goals for Everton at all the right times, and even as the smallest guy was scoring headed goals and in all different ways. Everton won't do as well this season, and Fulham will be battling relegation without a decent strike force.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Chicago said:
USArsenal said:

they don't, then in what capacity does bouba diop play? He's no Vieira but I'd easily rate him as good as Gravesen.

but I"m gonna say no becaues they lost one hell of a keeper and one hell of a striker and as of right now it doesn't look as though either are getting replaced. If Coleman can bring is good replacements then they'll have an outside shot.

you are going to equate Diop with Gravesen? LOL, i dont think so... Gravesen is now at Real Madrid.. Diop couldnt even play for their reserve squad... Diop is spotty at best...

and as for their keeper, they were closer to the bottom of the table WITH van der Saar.. Drobny isnt any better and can't help their pitifully pourous defence...

and which "one hell of a striker" did they lose? you mean Andy Cole? i wouldnt really consider him one hell of a striker.. he WAS at one point (5 years ago)... he was a peripheral figure at best... now if they lose Boa Morte, then i would start to get a little more concerned if I were them.....

bottom line though, I agree that there is no chance of them pulling an "Everton" this year.. they will struggle with Mid-to-Bottom table again...

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom