• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can't say I enjoyed the trip to the Reebok (

Nasso

Fine stadium it may be (at least on the outside), but that was one awful game our lot played yesterday. No use singling players out (well, Cygan and Paddy are easy targets, Gilberto too) as nearly everyone had a **** game - Kolo, Clichy and Jens excluded. Bolton deserved at least a point if not more, but having tken the lead, we should have kept it - this is the third game we take the lead and then fall back in disarray. Leicester punished us, Blackburn nearly did too and Bolton certainly capitalized.
May I also say that their fans yesterday were a big bunch of whingers - never stopped moaning at the ref and, from what I saw on TV today, even Allardyce was talking bollox about there being a foul before our goal, which was obviously not the case.
Crap weather as well. :evil:

Nasso

You were there too? Nice one. It was freezing, wasn't it? Oh well, at least we didn't lose, which we could have, seeing as we didn't exactly set the world on fire with our performance.

I was there too. Can you imagine trying to play in that weather? I don't think we can be too harsh for that reason. Bolton looked pretty good though, but our judgement for longish passes was impossible because of the wind. At least they sell Bovril at half time up North, even if I always burn my lips on it.

Booked up for Celta Vigo with flight options. Hopefully a bit warmer there. Who else is going?

Nasso

Yep, but no Brillcream, lol! I did think how horrible it must be to play in that rain and sleet, but that's what they're paid to do. I think Bolton were on a high as well - after beating Chelski and going through to semis of Carling Cup. Not many teams will get a result there anyway - they have a fine side and their moaning fans make some decent noise as well.

Nasso

There's a great atmosphere at away games though. Not so much yesterday, but generally. Just buy a big warm coat and put your wooly Sp**s hat on :)

Nasso

I wish you luck with getting a ticket for Chelsea - they will sell out quickly and they cost a fortune too.
I'm off now, good night to ya both. Matthieu Kasowitz' "La Haine" is waiting in my DVD, oh yes!

Adam

Established Member
Can't believe you've mentioned that film. Enjoy it, one for the niche audience!

If only our lads produced a parisien act like that. :cry:

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Nasso said:
I wish you luck with getting a ticket for Chelsea - they will sell out quickly and they cost a fortune too.
I'm off now, good night to ya both. Matthieu Kasowitz' "La Haine" is waiting in my DVD, oh yes!

That is such a cool film.

That area of Paris is a no go for Police these days.

slapz

Nasso, wouldnt you have been whingeing if Campo had fouled Vieira and then bolton went on to score?

I'm sorry you didnt enjoy it but i had a good time. I wasnt cold and i didnt get wet ( well, not till i stepped outside )

Nasso

Slapz, did you see the replays on TV later? Dennis won the ball fairly, he outmuscled his opponent - it wasn't a foul. I have nothing against Bolton - like I said, in my humble opinion they are a very good side, constantly improving and maybe should have beaten us. I can understand that you have a soft spot for them and it's only natural, seeing as you spent so much of your life there, all your mates etc. But then again, sitting with your mates, who are all Bolton, you may have been influenced by their point of view just that wee bit, or not? Plus I said I didn't enjoy my trip only because I was disappointed by the way OUR team played. The weather WAS crap, but that didn't bother me, I've been to footie games in conditions a lot more worse. I didn't get rained on cause the Reebok is well covered. But I do think "You've only got 12 men" was a bit rich from the home fans. That's just my opinion, yes I'm biased, but when it comes to Bolton so are you, at least a bit. Go on admit it hehe That Campo's swept you off your feet :D

Nasso

Adam and Webdesinglab - La Haine is wicked, I agree. Did you know that last year Asian Dub Foundation (one of the best UK bands in the last decade) did a whole tour, where you got in and the film was running - you watch it and on a side stage they play their own soundtrack over it for the full duration. Kassowitz himself went to one of these shows and was well impressed.

slapz

Nasso said:
Slapz, did you see the replays on TV later? Dennis won the ball fairly, he outmuscled his opponent - it wasn't a foul. I have nothing against Bolton - like I said, in my humble opinion they are a very good side, constantly improving and maybe should have beaten us. I can understand that you have a soft spot for them and it's only natural, seeing as you spent so much of your life there, all your mates etc. But then again, sitting with your mates, who are all Bolton, you may have been influenced by their point of view just that wee bit, or not? Plus I said I didn't enjoy my trip only because I was disappointed by the way OUR team played. The weather WAS crap, but that didn't bother me, I've been to footie games in conditions a lot more worse. I didn't get rained on cause the Reebok is well covered. But I do think "You've only got 12 men" was a bit rich from the home fans. That's just my opinion, yes I'm biased, but when it comes to Bolton so are you, at least a bit. Go on admit it hehe That Campo's swept you off your feet :D

As a great frenchman says repeatedly.. " i didnt see it "

Yeah Campo has swept me off my feet.. i'm waiting for my hair to grow and end up like his :)

Top Bottom