• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Captain" Thierry Henry

How would you evaluate Henry as Arsenal captain?

• Great captain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bad, Vieira is better.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Terrible captain. Give it to Kolo Toure!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canuck

Established Member
I can certainly admit that I wasn't pleased with the choice at first. Though I can understand Wenger's motivations.

Now I feel that Thierry has really come to terms personally with being the captain. His leadership style has evolved a bit and he's more comfortable with it.

I have no doubt that he'll be our Captain for years to come, even eclipsing Tony and Paddy in his glory and achievments while wearing the armband.

asajoseph

Established Member
Can add nothing to what's already been said in this thread, other than to add to the general consensus that, whilst he started off as a poor captain, he's really grown into a great one over the course of the season - the Sp**s game, in particular, springs to mind as the kind of performance and passion in adversity that I like to see...

As an aside, I don't think Kolo is captaincy material, for the same reason I don't think Jens should get it - whilst vocal on the pitch, I believe (although I might be mistaken) that he has a reputation for being more quiet and withdrawn in the dressing room. Still, cracking player of course...

Kaiza

I must admit I was suprised when he was named captain. I usually like the team captain to be a defender or a goalie, gives them a better overview in my opinion. That said, I thoght my ideas were right at the start of the season, but Titi has proved me wrong. He has proved himself as an excellent captain, and for next year he`ll have matured even more. Good going Thierry!!! And well done on signing a new contract :D

Rudeboy

pt89 said:
fantastic captain..better than vieira :wink:

i agree. Henry has stayed with us and will proboly be with us until he retires, vieira left us ( i bet he regrets it now)

Number8

The thing that makes me feel like Henry is a great captain is the way he conducted him self this season. Throughout the season, with all that transfer speculation going on, he never admitted it was a possibility that he'd go. He said he was thinking about the future, but he never made Vieira-esque comments like "Never say never" (when asked about a possible transfer to Manure). Henry didn't do that. He respected the club, and the club respected him. He conducts himself like a model proffesional, and that, in my opinion, is the reason he's a great captain.

miss.ree

henry is a great capitain because he led our young guns and helped them to grow thier confidence! even though he does'nt fire up the players and make them angry toward the other team he just plays beautiful football and helps his team do this with him! Well done henry you stayed at the club we all love!

KingReyes

Established Member
It will always be hard for Henry to be a massive influence as a captain when playing as a striker.

Whats important for Henry is to be himself first and foremost as a player. If that happens then his performances alone will lift his teammates.

Also the respect and admiration the other players have for him is enough to give 110% when they step on the pitch.

miss.ree

whovoted for kolo? yes a great ppl but hes to young yet for capitain! wait untill henry retiers yes then he will be ready

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
miss.ree said:
whovoted for kolo? yes a great people but hes to young yet for capitain! wait untill henry retiers yes then he will be ready

He's not too young.

No one is if they're right for the job and if Titi had left I'd be 100% behind Kolo getting the armband.

Tony Adams...

Also - you support Manchester United. Why do you keep saying 'we' for Arsenal?

Tegh

Established Member
Likewise EIN.
I've voted for #2, as PV obviously has been a better captain and I loved his spirit on the pitch. Hopefully Henry can go on to be bigger and better.

miss.ree

ExiledInNewcastle said:
miss.ree said:
whovoted for kolo? yes a great people but hes to young yet for capitain! wait untill henry retiers yes then he will be ready

He's not too young.

No one is if they're right for the job and if Titi had left I'd be 100% behind Kolo getting the armband.

Tony Adams...

Also - you support Manchester United. Why do you keep saying 'we' for Arsenal?

i support arsenal m81 im arsenal through and thorugh why would i be on here if i dont support arsenal! what made you say that?

Tegh

Established Member
lol..

I just looked at her profile too.
She was using text language on that site EIN, get your bootay down there and have a word!

:eek:ops:

\o/

Anyway, *cough* back on topic! :X

miss.ree

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Well personally I don't think many Arsenal fans would have this on their website..

http://www.piczo.com/reengem?g=12456721&cr=4

Actually - I take that back about you being a manc and applogise. I see it's a page you made for a friend, but all the same...

Also - no text language on the forum please.

its ok. im ree :D arsenal through and through and yes i do agree with you, if henry went yes kolo for captain! but he dodnt which i think is a big relief! i will ake my own arsenal website and change it if it makes you happy?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Completely up to you - it's your space.

We get a lot of other teams fans coming on here 'pretending' to be Arsenal and we need to root them out (at least to be aware of them) and I jumped the gun this time.

nazo

Established Member
Henry was an OK captain at the beginning of the season but started to grow in the role. I'm happy he is the captain now. Let's hope he keeps up the good work.

miss.ree

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Completely up to you - it's your space.

We get a lot of other teams fans coming on here 'pretending' to be Arsenal and we need to root them out (at least to be aware of them) and I jumped the gun this time.

hey its ok i do share my sitw with a manc:( but she is my mate though! anyway i am making a new space but trust me i am a gooner! i have met the captain himself :D the best day of my like so far! and we all jump the gun we are gunners (well thew ones who actually are) and pretending to be an arsenal fans is really sad when they do that!

TheEconomist

Established Member
As many others said, he may have started of below the expectations, but hes really growing into the role now. But i dont think this view fits any of the poll options.

Top Bottom