• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 2020/21

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
It kinda goes under the radar a bit, but Ole literally just parks the bus and tries to hit teams on the counter against literally any decent side he comes up against. Worked vs PSG and Leipzig this year, others has been hit and miss. But I've never seen them on the front foot against any decent side. I mean if it gets results fair play, but I thought more might be made of this given how other managers are criticised for being negative.
Yes
He parks all the time and people call it exciting football coz of their quick pacy players who help with fast counters like Rashford and Greenwood.
Literally Bruno picks the ball well in his own half and sprays a long ball to one of the runners. Almost all their chances against decent sides are like that. Pep and Lampard were getting beaten initially but now they are aware of that tactic and play accordingly and getting results now.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Ole is definitely a good man manager but tactics wise he just parks and counters. Not only against big sides, even vs mid table attacking teams like Brighton, Aston Villa, Leicester he does pretty much the same

myoldarsenal

On Redcafe they're celebrating being on a title run when it means nothing. Our average Arsenal sides have been on title runs too but won nothing. All their tactics involve Bruno and a basic sit back counter attack or by winning pens. They have been very lucky too, they played the same as Chelsea did vs Wolves and Villa but somehow managed injury time winner and a pen.

RAWK can be deluded but Redcafe is not far behind. Infact its even more deluded than RAWK. When Bruno doesn't fire their team is completely garbage.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ole is definitely a good man manager but tactics wise he just parks and counters. Not only against big sides, even vs mid table attacking teams like Brighton, Aston Villa, Leicester he does pretty much the same

He's not a good manager full stop, he's incredibly basic. He's got one of the best attacks in the league yet so often just resorts to going full on defence in any slightly tough game hoping they'll capitalise on the space left at the back so they can counter into. They'll get brought back down to earth one again in the league btw, it always happens. The first sign of trouble and they'll fold it's so predictable. Sums this forum up btw, people rimming Ole because United got a few decent results and happened to find themselves near the top not even half-way through the season. Those of us who can look at things critically know the full story, but I'll speak more when the time is right, sometimes silence is best and not engage with these people who love a good knee jerk reaction.

myoldarsenal

He's not a good manager full stop, he's incredibly basic. He's got one of the best attacks in the league yet so often just resorts to going full on defence in any slightly tough game hoping they'll capitalise on the space left at the back so they can counter into. They'll get brought back down to earth one again in the league btw, it always happens. The first sign of trouble and they'll fold it's so predictable. Sums this forum up btw, people rimming Ole because United got a few decent results and happened to find themselves near the top not even half-way through the season. Those of us who can look at things critically know the full story, but I'll speak more when the time is right, sometimes silence is best and not engage with these people who love a good knee jerk reaction.

Both times against us their garbage team was bought down to earth. The only way they score winners is penalties. Or hoping Bruno pings a long ball on any random counter attack. A better version of Bolton of the late 2000s, nothing more. You take Bruno out and they won't even score a single goal. A one man team dependent on getting pens for wins will barely compete for top 4, never mind on title runs. Were it not for our usual collapses last year they wouldn't have sneaked in top 4.

myoldarsenal

I mean go on their forum, some numpty saying they compete well vs other top teams. They can't beat us, even though we have been bang average, infact Ole hasn't beaten us :lol:. They got battered by Sp**s, battered by City, couldn't beat Chelsea, they have only beaten Liverpool once in the last 5 years over 10 games.

Like I said, even worse than RAWK

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

They initially had decent record vs big 6 just by parking especially vs city, Sp**s (under poch) and chelsea

but teams are wary of their pace on the counter now and just adjusting to it. They haven't won any of their games vs big 6 this season and all were at home. They haven't played away vs any of them as well.

myoldarsenal

''
I don’t think we will get more than 5 points from our remaining six games against the big six in the league. We still have to travel to all five and have Liverpool at home. As I posted here, our record has fallen off a cliff in these games since the pandemic. If we don’t get a Bruno pen, we literally do not score.''

Maybe reality is sinking in, get in! :rolleyes:

myoldarsenal

From their forum:

Here’s an even more damning stat: Since that famous McTominay goal against City, the last in front of a full stadium, United have played eight games against Big 6 sides behind closed doors. United have failed to score a single non-penalty goal, scoring only three penalties in all those eight games!

Like I said, penalty merchants. Nothing more nothing less. You can't win titles on pens.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You not worried you can say almost all of this for the Arteta hypetrain after three wins?

Genuinely think we’re entering into the Ole zone now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Glad City won, they're more likely to sink the Spuds. The more Mourinho losses the better my state of happiness.

Jack badmon

I think united competed well with city in midfield and defending the City onslaught but were very blunt in attack. The two set pieces were poor goals to concede. Fernandes was shut down hence the bluntness. City are looking super strong now. All this without a proper CF too.

United will get found out at some point, can’t always rely on match winners to win games although it will win 5/6 games out of 10 admittedly.

Top Bottom