• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 3 - 0 AFC Wimbledon | Wednesday, 22th September | KO: 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large

Screenshot-20210919-130527.png

I expect a major change to our XI from the Burnley game.

1863502_Arsenal.jpg

Symbia

Round of 16 draws

• Chelsea v Southampton
  • Arsenal v Leeds United
  • Stoke City v Brentford
  • West Ham v Manchester City
  • Leicester City v Brighton
  • Burnley v Totten Hotsour
  • QPR v Sunderland
  • Preston North End v Liverpool

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He could have taken Kolasinac or Elnenys place on the bench ffs. This is just bullshit.
It's even more stupid when the opponents get harder as you progress. At home vs AFC Wimbledon, not televised. Best opportunity to give Patino a chance. Yet we need to give minutes to Nketiah, Kola, Elneny and Lacazette who are clearly all leaving on frees. Laca I can understand, but bench spots for the others?

Come on. AMN and Lokonga have pushed Elnent down to 5th choice. He doesn't need to be re integrated. Patino could take his spot and push him out of the club.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

How was AMN last night, not seen much mention of him, did he look like he can cut it at CM for us?
Well, I listened the match until 70 minutes, and until then I remember the commentators saying he lost the ball like 3 times.

This is exactly what I have always feared from him in the midfield, concentration lapses and misplaced passes.

But maybe someone else can give us more information about his performance.

For what it's worth, WhoScored gave AMN rating of 6.6 while Partey was 7.5 and Sambi 7.3. And yeah, they also say he lost possession 3 times and had 80 % pass completion. Remember the level of the opposition, better teams would have likely punished from those counter-attacks.

Last edited:

pikey2000

Well, I listened the match until 70 minutes, and until then I remember the commentators saying he lost the ball like 3 times.

This is exactly what I have always feared from him in the midfield, concentration lapses and misplaced passes.

For what it's worth, WhoScored gave AMN rating of 6.6 while Partey was 7.5 and Sambi 7.3. And yeah, they also say he lost possession 3 times and had 80 % pass completion. Remember the level of the opposition, better teams would have likely punished from those counter-attacks.

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't sound a glowing review, hoping that more game time improves the pass completion, remains to be seen if lapses can be ironed out.

REEVIE1995

How was AMN last night, not seen much mention of him, did he look like he can cut it at CM for us?
Had a proper poor first half where he kept losing the ball and looked like he was struggling with the pace of the game. Second half he was better but overall wasn't his best game. Normal issues of him taking his foot off the gas ( often against lesser opposition) and suddenly becoming sloppy.

I thought first half wasn't great. Felt like we were struggling to get a rhythm going and whilst we dominated possession we didn't really do much with it bar the build up to the penalty.

Second half we were a little better but we substantially improved once Saka and Smith Rowe were on. A little cautious at times from Smith Rowe but linked up everything nicely and Saka was causing serious problems every time he got the ball. Eddie's goal was quality, the link up between him and Saka reminded me of the goal he scored against Everton.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think he is the most frustrating of our youngsters. Has all the tools but just cannot seem to really provide quality for any extended period. In each game he will have one of two good actions followed by some less good ones. Like he cannot focus enough but drifts mentally during the game.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

no streaming issues next round 🙏
That's pretty expected with a Premier League opponent, yeehaaw!

It was super nice to reminisce old times with the radio listening though.

Leeds was okay draw especially with the game being at home. Gonna be a good match.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

3 times isn’t bad.

I’d prefer someone who contributes off the ball and plays incisive 1 touch passes than another who has 100% completion of safe passes and the mobility of a tree stump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom