• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 3 - 0 AFC Wimbledon | Wednesday, 22th September | KO: 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large

Screenshot-20210919-130527.png

I expect a major change to our XI from the Burnley game.

1863502_Arsenal.jpg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

3 times isn’t bad.

I’d prefer someone who contributes off the ball and plays incisive 1 touch passes than another who has 100% completion of safe passes and the mobility of a tree stump.
3 times is pretty bad against Wimbledon, because every time it seemed like Wimbledon got a good counter-attack, but they aren't very good. Like I said, better opposition will punish from those.

He needs to get that together for sure, it's not the first time. I have said it for ages.

Somewhere else I said that it was nice to have fast players in midfield who get to the ball first, so they don't even have to defend all those situations. But of course mobility is good to have in many ways.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
3 times is pretty bad against Wimbledon, because every time it seemed like Wimbledon got a good counter-attack, but they aren't very good. Like I said, better opposition will punish from those.

He needs to get that together for sure, it's not the first time. I have said it for ages.

Somewhere else I said that it was nice to have fast players in midfield who get to the ball first, so they don't even have to defend all those situations. But of course mobility is good to have in many ways.

I understand your point but just saying as a lone stat without having watched the game, how do you conclude that losing it 3 times in 70 minutes is a bad performance?

If he attempted 30 passes and lost 3, did he have a worse game than someone who attempted 10 and lost 1? Regardless of outcome.

If he released the ball quicker or attempted more progressive carries that lead to 5 more dangerous situations for us, but lost possession that lead to 2 more dangerous situations for the opponent then is that worse than someone who created zero but lost zero?

Having only seen highlights myself, I don’t know tbh.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I understand your point but just saying as a lone stat without having watched the game, how do you conclude that losing it 3 times in 70 minutes is a bad performance?

If he attempted 30 passes and lost 3, did he have a worse game than someone who attempted 10 and lost 1? Regardless of outcome.

If he released the ball quicker or attempted more progressive carries that lead to 5 more dangerous situations for us, but lost possession that lead to 2 more dangerous situations for the opponent then is that worse than someone who created zero but lost zero?

That would be a 90% pass rate completion but AMN was listed as 80% which is out of 15 lost 3 very poor unless perhaps you are a playmaker and attempting tricky passes all the time.
I think his passing is often sub standard along with is his concentration.
I would love to see him do well & be able to compete as an Arsenal player but imho he needs to up his game to even be 4th choice CM here.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I haven't said he had a bad performance. How could I, when like you say I didn't watch the match.

A person asked how did he perform, and I said what I heard from the commentary, and also said that others can hopefully give more information.

All I know, other than what I heard, is that AMN got 6.6 rating in Whoscored, while Sambi got 7.3 and Partey 7.5. That can give us some information maybe, the stats agreed with what I heard about losing the ball three times. Partey also got huge praise from the commentators etc.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That would be a 90% pass rate completion but AMN was listed as 80% which is out of 15 lost 3 very poor unless perhaps you are a playmaker and attempting tricky passes all the time.
I think his passing is often sub standard along with is his concentration.
I would love to see him do well & be able to compete as an Arsenal player but imho he needs to up his game to even be 4th choice CM here.
Watched the game using the links posted in the Partey thread. AMN wasn't great to be fair. Pretty sloppy at times. He simply is better defending than attacking. He really is good one on one defending as he is so athletic and quick. Too bad he doesn't want to play to his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom