• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Carabao Cup - 4th Round- Arsenal 2 - 0 Leeds United, Tuesday 26th October, KO 19:45 BST SkySports

1868065_Arsenal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Leno (Ugh)
Chambers Holding Mari Tavares
AMN Lokonga
Pepe Ødegaard Martinelli
Nketiah
A mix of realism and what I want, I'd rather not see Mari and go with Cedric RB with Chambers partnering Holding but Mik will insist on his left footed LCB. If I see Elneny I will pay no attention to this match at all. I think Balogun is way too far down the pecking order to be considered. Ødegaard needs a good performance in this one and the three forwards all have something to prove.
That's a realistic lineup for this game.. Lacazette should enter in the second half.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno (Ugh)
AMN Lokonga
Pepe Ødegaard Martinelli
Nketiah
A mix of realism and what I want, I'd rather not see Mari and go with Cedric RB with Chambers partnering Holding but Mik will insist on his left footed LCB. If I see Elneny I will pay no attention to this match at all. I think Balogun is way too far down the pecking order to be considered. Ødegaard needs a good performance in this one and the three forwards all have something to prove.
I'd imagine we might give Lokonga a rest. We really need him in the league with Xhaka out. The rest looks like a very likely line-up.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd imagine we might give Lokonga a rest. We really need him in the league with Xhaka out. The rest looks like a very likely line-up.

He's not started that much, I think he should be playing as much as possible tbh as he's still gelling and adapting. At his age you should be playing as much as possible within reason.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The line up for this one will come down to how much Arteta wants to try and progress in the cup. It's obviously a balance but personally I don't see us giving significant minutes to youth players; I also hope that he does rotate and doesn't take chances with our key PL performing players.

Martinelli & Pepe should come into the side; Ødegaard back as AM; I'd like to see Laca start up front rather than Nketiah or Balogun.

In the middle, we need to rest and protect Partey; Sambi and AMN should work, and at the back he should bring in Cedric or Chambers to rest Tomi and Gabriel should also sit this one out. I hope that Tavares keeps his place, he's earned another start. Suspect that it'll be Leno between the nets.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also, what happened to Alioski?

Was he so afraid of Pepe's wrath, that he just disappeared from football completely :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't want to risk injury but I'd keep the back 5 and play Lokonga and AMN. No point risking Partey but AMN and Lokonga need to be able to play together when he is away. Up front, I'm not bothered as long as we win although Martinelli needs a proper run out. Let's do this.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Forget about this useless competition Leeds are in trouble in league because they have so many injures so i imagine Bielsa will not play no one from thier first 11

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We need to rotate too players like Partey Auba white Gabriel Tomi ESR and Saka shouldn't play.

Leno
Pepe Elneny AMN Martinelli
Laca Bolagun.

Barry

I'd probably do this -

Leno
Chambers - White - Holding - Tavares
AMN - Lokonga
Ødegaard
Pepe - Laca - Martinelli

Barry

Rotate players? We are not playing in Europe. Play the strongest team at all times with aim of giving 2-3 debuts to youngsters during the season.

Problem is not so much that they need rest, more that getting an injury to one of our really key players in the League Cup would be a huge blow. Especially if you're talking about Thomas Partey, ESR or Gabriel. You can't wrap them up, but being a little cautious and using the wider squad seems sensible

TheIceman85

Don’t understand why everyone is posting B teams for this match. A chance for ‘minutes’ for our backups and deadwood. Let’s look at the last 6 finals:

959064B4-1D76-43B5-8C17-5C10FEB67BD6.jpeg

Man City can take it seriously and try to win it every year but we shouldn’t because it’s beneath us?
It’s a trophy to go for and we need to go for it. Winning becomes a habit, going far in tournaments and playing in finals is valuable experience.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’ll have to give this one a swerve. Who Do You Think You Are is on and my mum is on it so she’ll kill me if I don’t watch :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Don’t understand why everyone is posting B teams for this match. A chance for ‘minutes’ for our backups and deadwood. Let’s look at the last 6 finals:

View attachment 4864

Man City can take it seriously and try to win it every year but we shouldn’t because it’s beneath us?
It’s a trophy to go for and we need to go for it. Winning becomes a habit, going far in tournaments and playing in finals is valuable experience.
I suggested similar earlier. We need to keep momentum up, and our players aren't that fatigued as we have no European football. 4 days to go before Leicester too and international break coming.

I would bring in Pepe, Ødegaard and AMN, but maybe not change much else. But I'm also fine if Arteta chooses to rotate some more players who might need it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom