• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup 4th Round: Liverpool v Arsenal | Wednesday October 30, 19:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will go through to the 5th Round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
He got into a ruck with another fan up at Huddersfield last season, came off worse and told a pack of lies to old bill making out he'd been assaulted.
Ffs. Gonna tell a few of the boys about that tomorrow. C*nts a wanna be hard man. He sits like 4 rows behind me when I go to the Emirates. Thinks he’s a celebrity ffs. Seen him bottle it a few times when he’s been called out. Not who he thinks he is.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't blame Emery for taking Özil out. I doubt he would have lasted 90 min. Taking Torreira off changed the game. He was having an excellent game. If it was not for Torreira starting during the weekend, then it is a shocking decision. Poor in game management.

I really don’t know what his beef with Torreira his. We got so much joy from him and Willock’s pressing in midfield by forcing them to rush passes.

I know Willock scores that screamer but when he went further forward and Torreira went off we reverted to that passive sideways and backwards football we’ve been seeing and invited needless pressure.

Pepes blue pill

Our away fans are hardcore, the things those dudes travel to see is crazy, got nothing but respect for them, maybe slightly less respect for the clowns from arsenal tv tho

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not saying any of our cbs are brilliant but Chambers and Holding under the right manager and the right set up can be decent options. At the moment, Van Dijk would struggle here.
I know transfers are a bit of a lottery, but I remember saying that Kola and Mustafi were poverty under Wenger. But oh no, posters kept saying it was Wenger's rubbish tactics, don't blame the players. Well here we are again.

How many managers before the club admits they got some transfers badly wrong. It happens, sell them and move on. But not Arsenal, they keep Mustafi and buy two look alikes, Sokratis and Luiz. Throw Xhaka in and you've got enough hot heads to scupper any lead you get through good goal scoring.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think there must be a clause in our Keepers' contracts which strictly prohibits any attempt at saving a penalty.

It is the only logical explanation left after we have seen Cech, Leno and now Martinez 'attempt' to save one.
I think the memo advised them it was even against club policy to dive the correct way...

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I know transfers are a bit of a lottery, but I remember saying that Kola and Mustafi were poverty under Wenger. But oh no, posters kept saying it was Wenger's rubbish tactics, don't blame the players. Well here we are again.

How many managers before the club admits they got some transfers badly wrong. It happens, sell them and move on. But not Arsenal, they keep Mustafi and buy two look alikes, Sokratis and Luiz. Throw Xhaka in and you've got enough hot heads to scupper any lead you get through good goal scoring.
My friend, at the moment we could buy peak Maldini and make him look like peak Squillaci. There's no defensive DNA in this club. we haven't been able to defend for as long as I can remember. Now that may be down to poor signings but also two coaches who don't know how to teach defense. This prick makes Arsène look like Mourinho 1.0.

We've downgraded in every possible way from Arsène, every way.

LG10

Don't think it matters that we have the better line up on paper. It's still Anfield and the likes of the ox, keita, Origi are good enough to punish us. Harvey Elliott is a special player as well. Not like Emery will have a good game plan.
Yep, Emery costing us again. Don't care about this cup but any half decent manager puts that Liverpool team away easily with the line up we put out.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We're giving away free kicks and penalties all the time.

Holding isn't match fit and the other three are hot heads. Xhaka too.

Defenders need to be strong and ice cool under pressure like VVD.

Mustafi is one of the worst defenders in the league for just about every skill, bar heading.

I give you Mustafi. Are the rest of our defenders that much worse than the defenders at other clubs beside Liverpool? Chelsea have Zouma, Christiansen, Timori etc, don't think those are better than ours. Even Man City, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho etc aren't really great defenders on their own.

And those are the top clubs. We are conceding more than mid table clubs. We definitely have better defenders than them.

We are giving away free kicks and penalties cos 90% of the game seems to be played in or around our penalty area. Luiz gave away more penalties in his first 4 games for us than in his entire Chelsea career. How can that be explained?

Watch when Liverpool or any team with any competent defensive system play. They hardly allow the opposition to reach the danger areas. Once they do, their defenders look like any defenders, nothing super special except VVD, who is obviously a great defender.

But to make the point again about the system. When I watch VVD play for the Dutch team, he doesn't look half as good as he does for Liverpool. They concede goals in every single game.

There are so many other example. When Ranieri took over at Leicester they were conceding for fun. He didn't change any personel, changed the system and suddenly they had an airtight defence. Kante was also crucial in that he shielded the defence, again the point they minimised the opposition having the ball near their penalty area.

Not saying our defenders are world beaters. But without a working defensive plan the defenders have got no hope in hell to succeed. Even if we bought a couple of world class defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom