• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I remember saying to my mates minutes after Martins scored that was it for our season. That result would have ideally had a roll over effect in chasing down Utd and surviving away at Barca in the 2nd leg. Momentum could've made a huge difference.

One of the few times I've known anything football related with certainty that it'd all blow up in our faces.

I blame the stoke game in between the barca and league cup. Bunch of thugs!

We lost Walcott in that game from a nasty challenge from dean whitehead the **** and Fabregas got injured too.

Losing them was huge for the final, both big game players. I seriously believe had we won that match. We might have even gone on to hold on to cesc, nasri and then rvp...winning greater honours.

That final lose tore our team apart. Definitely a key moment in Wenger's managerial career.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That final lose tore our team apart. Definitely a key moment in Wenger's managerial career.
Wenger makes it ok to enter free-fall after disappointing results. He wheels that excuse out as if it's a valid one. It's unacceptable. The amount of times I've heard him say 'the players were a little bit still hurt by the *enter embarrassing loss* from *enter how many weeks ago* and were still little bit nervous'.

He makes me sick.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Tbf, it would be nice for Wenger to win the LC and EL. He won't win the CL but he can at least say he's won 4 out of 5 major trophies. At the moment, he's only won 2. This'll be his last season, whatever happens, I think.

rich 1990

Wenger makes it ok to enter free-fall after disappointing results. He wheels that excuse out as if it's a valid one. It's unacceptable. The amount of times I've heard him say 'the players were a little bit still hurt by the *enter embarrassing loss* from *enter how many weeks ago* and were still little bit nervous'.

He makes me sick.
Oh, stop moaning, you old woman. We haven't lost yet.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

So Arsenal plays tomorrow against Peter Pan a.k.a De Bruyne . He looks like he never grows up, doesn't he? :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tbf, it would be nice for Wenger to win the LC and EL. He won't win the CL but he can at least say he's won 4 out of 5 major trophies. At the moment, he's only won 2. This'll be his last season, whatever happens, I think.

3 PLs and 7 FA cups ain't bad, I don't think he'd care all that much about the league cup but I reckon he'd really like a European trophy. Not convinced it'll be his last season though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not convinced it will be his last season either but it may depend on whether he wins a trophy and this is obviously the biggest chance of one. So he'll care about this league cup, anyway a final is a final. No-one wants to lose a final.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Hope De Bruyne fans do not get offended by my comment regarding De Bruyne, simply a joke.

rich 1990

3 PLs and 7 FA cups ain't bad, I don't think he'd care all that much about the league cup but I reckon he'd really like a European trophy. Not convinced it'll be his last season though.
It will be. He only got 2 years rather then 1 to show confidence him. But it surely was on the condition of improving dramatically in the league. Instead we're getting worse. The Aboomerang signing is a sign he's on his way out, as are the Wally or Giroud sales. No way Wenger does that ordinarily.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Hope I’m more up for this game by tomorrow... feel a bit meh about it. Obviously hope we win but if we lose I can’t imagine myself caring. Team news/kick off might help..

Only reason to have hope is how we’ve played in cup finals recently. Everything else points to a terrible performance. Would be nice if we could play like an actual team though and if our CBs could find at least one functioning brain cell between them.. probably too much to ask.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We have used the league cup for different reasons over the years but when was the last time we won the league cup??

Wenger has demonstrated in the past that he doesn't give a sh!t about the league cup, if he cares about it this year it's because he's desperate and it's the only spackle, watery as it is, at hand.

ggunner12345

Iwobi Aubayang Özil

Wilshere
Xhaka Ramsey

Monreal Koscielny Mustafi Bellerin

Ospina

or 4 3 2 1 with Iwobi and Özil behind Aubayang

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Wenger has demonstrated in the past that he doesn't give a sh!t about the league cup, if he cares about it this year it's because he's desperate and it's the only spackle, watery as it is, at hand.
So what if it is we have nothing else to play for

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We won just 4 games of the remaining 17. One of which was against Orient. Yes, the Birmingham defeat finished us, but that Barca win should have given us all the belief we needed. It didn't.
There was an underlying weakness in that team which could only disappear if they'd won a trophy. I mean look at that performance against Birmingham, the players looked scared straight from the opening whistle. IIRC Song made a stupid mistake that led to Lee Bowyer going 1v1 with Szczesny, who took him out and should have given away a pen/been sent off. Compare that to the team of today, who have gone to Wembley and won trophies; that's where the belief comes from, not from individual results against even the best opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom