• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Carabao Cup - 4th Round- Arsenal 2 - 0 Leeds United, Tuesday 26th October, KO 19:45 BST SkySports

1868065_Arsenal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Leeds have Bamford injured, and Phillips has been injured and didn't play at all against Wolves. Surely he won't play much in the cup against us. Ayling, Koch and Firpo are injured too. They also have only 3 days to the game.

We have 4 days since our last game, and have 4 days to the next game, and then there will be an international break. I hope Arteta wants to keep our momentum going, and doesn't rotate too much.

I would say Pepe in, as the quality doesn't drop too much. Maybe give Saka a break, he has been hit a lot recently etc. Holding could also play, Gabriel has been very good and is our clear LCB, so he could rest, but CB's don't get too much strain.

Maybe Martinelli for ESR and so on. Ødegaard in too.

I want good Cup runs or trophies without Europe, even if this is the worst cup.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still love that a Northern Irishman was the player to score the winner, the last team we won this stupid cup :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Didn't realise this was midweek. As long as we're still in it we may as well try and win it.

Tom Mix

Our best chance of a trophy. We won't need our best XI to win this, whatever that might be, as they won't have theirs.

Be good to start Martinelli and give some minutes to the likes of Kolasinac and Cedric, after all they are being paid. Nketiah if he is around and Balogun should also feature and AMN needs game time. Holding is going to get rusty too.

Martinez can start in goal.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I say we keep white and Gabriel starting, want to build up that relationship as much as possible. It’s starting to look decent and the more game time between them the better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

During the loan negotiation for Pennant...

Leeds: "Do you want us to put in a clause, so he can't play against Arsenal?"

Arsenal: "Nah, you're alright...let him play, won't make a difference."

...PS...love Thierry hugging Reyes 🥲

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Expect Bielsa to put out some kids so we can win rather easily. After the game Arteta will try to claim that the win is relevant. He will most probably use zero players from the U23 team btw.

Melquiades

Given Leeds' poor league start and injuries, this game is probably not a priority for them and we'll be facing a very weak squad.

Would expect we only see 3-4 guys from yesterday's starters for us also. Would assume Leno and a Holding-Mari CB partnership, plus Pepe and Lacazette starting. Probably AMN starting also.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I would do this:

Leno

Cedric - Holding - Mari - Tavares

AMN - Elneny

Pepe - Ödegaard - Martinelli

Nketiah

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I'd go 442 again
Leno
Cedric Chambers holding tavares
Pepe AMN elneny martinelli
Nketiah balogun

But feel Mikel will play mari for sure.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I'd go 442 again
Leno
Cedric Chambers holding tavares
Pepe AMN elneny martinelli
Nketiah balogun

But feel Mikel will play mari for sure.

422 again? We didnt play 422 against Villa. It was the old 4-2-3-1 with Lacazette in the number 10 role.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Leno (Ugh)
Chambers Holding Mari Tavares
AMN Lokonga
Pepe Ødegaard Martinelli
Nketiah
A mix of realism and what I want, I'd rather not see Mari and go with Cedric RB with Chambers partnering Holding but Mik will insist on his left footed LCB. If I see Elneny I will pay no attention to this match at all. I think Balogun is way too far down the pecking order to be considered. Ødegaard needs a good performance in this one and the three forwards all have something to prove.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom