• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v West Ham | December 19, 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Can;t understand how Debuchy hasn;t been able to at least get a start in the league. He was flipping good before his shoulder injury. Is it attitude alone? Bellerin had some really lackluster displays over the past year

Because Wenger will play an out of form Bellerin rather than risk him getting pissed off and going to Barcelona in the summer.

pikey2000

Its simple, Bellerin plays until he gets injured, that's how we operate in terms of rotation :) You could see Wenger wasn't going to use his subs last night if not for the injuries as those players came straight off the bench with no warm up / pre planning.

I liked Debuchy's performance, solid, committed, decent quality in the final 3rd, however there were a couple of times where he was out of position and I noticed him "jogging" back into position whilst West Ham were countering quickly, not sure if that was a lack of desire, fitness, or the fact the game was pretty dead but if we did field him against Liverpool and he chose to sluggishly track back whilst they countered us we will get caught out with the players that they have.

Did anyone else noticed these occasions?

Fair enough lose the ball high up the pitch but you need to bust a gut to get back if you are one of our full backs!

I thought Chambers was outstanding, timed the tackle well, good positioning, dealt with Carroll well, showed good reading of the game with a couple of good interceptions, would like to see more of him if he can stay injury free.

marting

Its simple, Bellerin plays until he gets injured, that's how we operate in terms of rotation :) You could see Wenger wasn't going to use his subs last night if not for the injuries as those players came straight off the bench with no warm up / pre planning.

I liked Debuchy's performance, solid, committed, decent quality in the final 3rd, however there were a couple of times where he was out of position and I noticed him "jogging" back into position whilst West Ham were countering quickly, not sure if that was a lack of desire, fitness, or the fact the game was pretty dead but if we did field him against Liverpool and he chose to sluggishly track back whilst they countered us we will get caught out with the players that they have.

Did anyone else noticed these occasions?

Fair enough lose the ball high up the pitch but you need to bust a gut to get back if you are one of our full backs!

I thought Chambers was outstanding, timed the tackle well, good positioning, dealt with Carroll well, showed good reading of the game with a couple of good interceptions, would like to see more of him if he can stay injury free.

I noticed these occasions, 2 many occasions where he jogged back and either 1 of the CB's or Elneny ended up on the cover. His recover positions were also terrible, If a CB went out to meet the winger, Debuchy didnt jog into a CB position, He just jogged in a straight line back towards a full back position.

He was OK against a very poor West Ham team, he would get roasted by most wingers in the league, He looks very slow now. Elneny done this guy a favour last night by covering so much.

marting

I must say. Elneny is at best a very average player, but i have a new found respect for the lad.

He constantly showed for the ball and his work rate around the pitch was pretty special, The lad was popping up all over the pitch.

Its not his fault we brough such a medicore player, but as long as they give the amount of effort he did last night i can have no complaints.

pikey2000

I must say. Elneny is at best a very average player, but i have a new found respect for the lad.

He constantly showed for the ball and his work rate around the pitch was pretty special, The lad was popping up all over the pitch.

Its not his fault we brough such a medicore player, but as long as they give the amount of effort he did last night i can have no complaints.

It's all about balance, you can field an Elneny but you need to have someone who brings a bit more to the table i.e a Wilshere, every team needs a workhorse but what you can't have is 3 workhorses as you end up with last night which was dire in terms of creativity, we seem to mix between all flair Özil/Sanchez/Wilshere and to some extent Xhaka & Lacazette to complete void of creativity with Coq, Elneny, Willock, Welbeck, Walcott and Giroud....

I'm not for a minute suggesting Elneny is good enough for us but as with Coq, in the right setup tactically he has a place i.e a 3 man midfield, with Coq as a ball winner, elneny box to box, Wilshere as the creative force.

He's not terrible by any stretch it just seems as though we always field him in a lineup that is void of creativity and he takes the hit for the criticism, probably in a strange way because he is always buzzing around the pitch receiving the ball and just recycling off to the next player to keep things moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom