• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg I Arsenal v Chelsea I Wednesday 24th January 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Will we make it through to the Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

Great performance overall considering how poor we've been lately and Alexis leaving. first half we looked a bit hesitant but in the 2nd our intensity went up and our midfield (which has been poor on a whole this season) did so well to stop Chelsea's attackers. We looked to strike a good balance between protecting the defence and going forward. I'm very excited to see Mhiki slot in. Monreal was great again and Özil just controls our Game, make him the league's highest paid player we need to keep him. Should have had an assist too but for Iwobi. Funny I'm still not over Alexis leaving but I am surprisingly hopeful about the future, if we get Auba then I think we are potentially in better shape.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wenger says we gave Chelsea too much respect and were a bit scared early on. He says Chelsea "strolled through our lines" in the first half and then we tightened up second half. On Alexis,he basically says the uncertainty is now over. No news on Auba. He says he's happy to bring the fans to Wembley again.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Still plenty of frailties in this Arsenal side.

If that Chelsea team consisted of Drogba, Lampard, Essien & Kalou it would of been the same old Thrashing it used to be.

But fk it football and times change and Chelsea clearly the poorer side these days we have the psychological edge over them again

If that Arsenal team consisted of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and Pires it would have been....

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That formation is suiting us it look like 4-1-2-3 when we attack and when we defend it look 5-2-3. with Mkhi and Auba joining we going to play 4-4-2 Diamond it's very clear.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People actually denying the goals were lucky :lol:

Look, we were the better team. I think we deserved the win and I'm proud of that performance. But both goals were fluky as ****, particularly the first one. Why be ashamed to admit it?
It's fair enough people saying that. But when it happens to us, it's always because our defence or Wenger are ****.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Its pleasing especially when we consider five key squad players alongside Mkhitarayan were unavailable.

Chelsea are very mediocre, without Hazard they are nothing; I fancy Arsenal to finish above them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Seen some journalists on twitter say the switch to a back 3 changed the game but from what I saw it was just Elneny making it a 3 when we defended, a bit like what Dier has done for Tottenham.

Have I got that wrong?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

5g4ay0m883c01.jpg

Ffs :lol:

Gooner_girl14

How much of a boring c*nt do you have to be to call this win lucky?
Lol I know right, this was a great win and we deserves it. Özil's corner was in a great position and Monreals header on target (it was funny the way it pinballed two defenders' heads) and Laca did great work to hold up the play and get the ball in.
I'd say the only luck we got was Hazard tripping over himself when he looked clear lol.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It's fair enough people saying that. But when it happens to us, it's always because our defence or Wenger are ****.
People are allowed the judge the entire process, not just the end result. Even if we hadn't got the winner tonight I'd have been happy with that performance, as I was with the 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge even though we created **** all. I saw positives.

It works both ways though. Just because we win a game (or drop points due to the ref) doesn't mean that everything is rosy. The best managers look for ways to improve even when they're winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom