• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cardiff signing Emiliano Sala presumed dead

Aevi

Hale End FC
Nantes are classless ****. **** the agreed price, the guy died, simple as that. Both sides lost. Just mourn and shut the **** up.
I don't think it's that big a deal actually, Cardiff have insurance and Nantes might just need to be a bit patient because the paperwork apparently still needs to be looked over.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Bloody awful.

Hopefully Nantes are happy with their actions. Honestly one of the most pathetic acts I've ever seen in sport.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I don't think it's that big a deal actually, Cardiff have insurance and Nantes might just need to be a bit patient because the paperwork apparently still needs to be looked over.

Wanting £15m for a dead guy - leaves a very bad taste

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Spare a thought for the pilots family. Now they've found Sala interest will decline, they wont raise the plane, the search will stop and the poor family wont have a body to have a proper funeral.

Re the £15m, its difficult, a contract was signed and a player sold, so I understand Nantes point but they have jumped in way too early. Hopefully insurance pays out and Nantes get paid their fee.

HBL

Established Member
Terrible few weeks for football, with the news of the fire at the Flamengo training ground this morning.

Malky

Established Member
R.I.P Sala.
Atleast his family now have closure over this. Thoughts, however, are with the family of the pilot, hopefully he is also found.

Nantes have acted with very little class and respect in the past few days. Pathetic from them.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not keen to resuscitate this story but the statement put out by the agents is, to me, disgusting. Link here:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47406109

Despite the headline where they lay into Cardiff their argument doesn't seem to hold water. They accuse Cardiff of "abandoning" Sala to make his own arrangements which forced them out of their goodness to step in and arrange the fateful flight.

They turn virtuously go on to say they were paying for the trip themselves. I don't believe this would not have been charged to the player, and don't particularly see why it should not have been, assuming they told him the cost which would be much more than the commercial flight Cardiff say they were organising and, if not, the agent could have organised himself. It did not have to be a choice between a commercial flight by Cardiff or a small private jet by the agent.

If indeed they were paying for it they should now add what checks and balances they made to ensure their client was flown in a fit and proper plane by a fit and proper pilot. And of the answer is "None", they should also say so. It is telling that, by their own admission, it was Neil Warnock who told them Sala was missing. Doesn't sound as if they were following their client's progress very closely.

"When you phone for a taxi you don't ask the driver if he has a licence" is the ingenuous comment from the luminary. Well, a plane is not a taxi and an agent, who probably stood to make £3 million from this deal, is not someone calling to get an Uber after a disco. If they therefore believe the aircraft owner was negligent why aren't they suing him?

Nothing in this saga makes me revise my opinion that agents are mostly greedy leeches.

Top Bottom