• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Our best option is to get him out on loan to one of the promoted clubs in the hope he impresses enough to be moved on permanently next summer.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He's on 40k a week. I wouldn't touch him if I was the manager of a League 1 team at this point, let alone Championship. League 1, even if he gets someone to take him, won't pay more than 10k a week

That said, we could try fooling Sunderland :D

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He's on 40k a week. I wouldn't touch him if I was the manager of a League 1 team at this point, let alone Championship. League 1, even if he gets someone to take him, won't pay more than 10k a week

That said, we could try fooling Sunderland :D

Got the contract on the back of a solid season at West ham, when he looked like a very good premier league player. Wasn't it that summer when he suffered a very serious injury? For whatever reason he's never been able to recapture that form.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Got the contract on the back of a solid season at West ham, when he looked like a very good premier league player
Solid, but he never looked very good. Okay at best. This is the reaction to them going for him again after the loan

So yeah, okay to good, definitely not very good.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Solid, but he never looked very good. Okay at best. This is the reaction to them going for him again after the loan

So yeah, okay to good, definitely not very good.

Aye, we can all pick out a handful of random tweets to support a point of view. Not that it proves anything with how varied opinions can be among football fans.

Ignoring all of that, we missed a good chance to get a decent fee for him following the conclusion of his loan spell and now we're probably stuck with him for the next two years. Sad.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Remember when he refused to join Crystal Palace because they didn't want to pay him 70kpw? He should be banned from the training ground tbh.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Ignoring all of that, we missed a good chance to get a decent fee for him following the conclusion of his loan spell and now we're probably stuck with him for the next two years. Sad.
He was the one who refused to leave because he thought he should get more than 40k a week, which is an absolute joke

IslingtonBornandbred

He's definitely a strange case, let's put it that way. When he was on loan in the Conference I had a mate that played with him. He couldn't believe it when Arsenal signed him, let alone when he started making first team appearances. He's basically got very very good athletic potential without being exceptionally fast, he can get up and down the right side all day long, but technically there are better right backs in League 2. He's done very very well to reach this level imo and make the money he has done so far.

StefanB

For me he is a decent player. Not exceptional in any way, but if you train him hard enough and get him to run until he pukes I think he's a valuable asset to the team as a backup/fringe player for Bellerin, but now that we've signed Lichsteiner I don't see the point of keeping Carl tbh.

Send Osei-Tutu out on loan for the season to a team where he can develop and play regularly while Jenkinson can be sold/loaned until his contract is up in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom