• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Arguably one of the more challenging positions for the reasons you've just stated.

Honestly growing up the fullback position was always seen as the one for failed wingers or not good enough CB's.. Just hide the weakest link there lol.

The importance of fullbacks have definitely changed though and more are expected out of them nowadays. A genuinely great fullback adds so much to a team.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly growing up the fullback position was always seen as the one for failed wingers or not good enough CB's.. Just hide the weakest link there lol.

The importance of fullbacks have definitely changed though and more are expected out of them nowadays. A genuinely great fullback adds so much to a team.

Yeah Ash Cole was a ****e striker growing up .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Sorry, maybe I should have elaborated as you have below.
Agreed, it was an 'basic' type position but in the modern game it is essential to have a great FB. Or at the very least a capable one.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't know what would you do with extra RB, we already have 3 of them (5 if you count Chambers and AMN).
I don't count them, and Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson are not up to scratch. It seems the fullbacks in Emery's system play an important role, so I want someone of higher quality than the Jenks on that position. Think we'll be able to cover CB for the rest of the season. Bellerin probably needs some time at the start of next season also.

How hard is it to be a right back anyway? Just learn where you're meant to be when you're defending, and run up the wing athletically when you're attacking. Jenkinson should be able to do it by now.

Ideally, a club like Arsenal would be able to produce the (backup) wingbacks from the academy.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't count them, and Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson are not up to scratch. It seems the fullbacks in Emery's system play an important role, so I want someone of higher quality than the Jenks on that position. Think we'll be able to cover CB for the rest of the season. Bellerin probably needs some time at the start of next season also.

Ideally, a club like Arsenal would be able to produce the (backup) wingbacks from the academy.
In fairness, we have 2 very decent academy right backs currently. It's left back that's a little harder.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I thought you said in the reserves thread there currently wasn't much at Rb and that Osei-Tutu didn't seem to be rated? If they're very decent I'd say throw them in there, forget about Jenk.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Produced a better peformance tonight than Bellerin has done all season. Keep it up Jenko!

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I wouldn’t be so quick with that. He did well today considering he’s barely played this season, but you can tell he’s a lanky accident waiting to happen.

Ashybashy86

I think he’ll play out of his skin if he starts this wknd. Besides, he’s simply better than Lichtsteiner and AMN.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Think we'll need graft and athleticism to counter Sp**s' game and out of our options he seems a best bet unfortunately.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I thought you said in the reserves thread there currently wasn't much at Rb and that Osei-Tutu didn't seem to be rated? If they're very decent I'd say throw them in there, forget about Jenk.
It was left back I was talking about. RB we're pretty sorted unless VDC leaves (which sadly looks more likely as I type this post).

Jenks put in another decent shift again. A few times he was behind play and you can tell he's not quite up to speed but he has the physical strength to withstand the position and is a willing body in attack also. Don't think he'll ever have the quality to be a starter for us but kudos for fighting his way back into contention for places and honestly putting in better shifts than Bellerin's other understudies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought he was one of our weakest links and they failed to capitalise on it actually. Not a horrible player but not what we want if we are to get into CL

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I mean he was decent but starting Saturday really? He looked like he was going to trip over the ball any time he got it in their half.

It’s ****ing ridiculous to be honest. He’s rubbish. He gives his all but he’s rubbish. If he wasn’t a fan he’d get dogs abuse. Picking between him, AMN and Lichtsteiner is like picking between different types of ****.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It’s ****ing ridiculous to be honest. He’s rubbish. He gives his all but he’s rubbish. If he wasn’t a fan he’d get dogs abuse. Picking between him, AMN and Lichtsteiner is like picking between different types of ****.
With you lot here. He just isn't good enough. Lucky to be in the premier league in my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom