• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carling Cup Semi Finals

flotz

good i prefer boro cause i dont mind loosing but if Sp**s were to beat us in any competition it would really annoy me

Mark

Established Member
i never thought we'd bother getting so far in this competition. might as well go all the way now. hope we still play a lot of youngsters. it is them afterall who got us to where we are now.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Mark said:
i never thought we'd bother getting so far in this competition. might as well go all the way now. hope we still play a lot of youngsters. it is them afterall who got us to where we are now.

i didn't think we would bother to go this far either. I agree that we should play the youngsters because its their hard work that has got us here in the first place.

marhes26

LoL!!! did anyone see Skysports News just after Boro scored their winning penalty?? them Sp**s fans crying like they was depending their season on it!! talk about high standards!! to be honest i didnt want to play Sp**s coz if they was to beat us they would go on about it like it was against our first choice eleven.I have to say i dont really mind what happens now as to be where we are is a bonus as i didnt expect it,so tell me who would you rather lose against ? Boro,Villa,Bolton..or Sp**s!! exactly!!.Its nice to be in a competition where there is no real pressure on us.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think the fact that our third XI won through two rounds and our second XI got us through the last one (whilst chelskis 'other expensive team' went out, and that joke up the road went out of the only competition that they think they've got a chance in - and we know it matters to them. Apparently they were chanting 'Are you watching Arsenal' when George Graham won it for them as a joke; I say apparently because I was watching Eastenders at the time) makes a mockery of the 'lack of a squad' bull that the media peddled in the summer and continue to spout.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Ridge said:
Ranieri tried a 3-4-2-1 formation didnt he?

good try, try again next season. lol

Bloody hell, if it wasn't for the fact that Cudicini was missing, that was Chelskis best 11. Everyone got a game and they lost again. Seeing Makelele on the pitch for the Carling Cup was a shock. At least Vieira was trying to get match fit. Ranieri will be bawled out by Roman. I really think they wanted to beat them and get to the finals. Hilarious.

So we get Boro again. Not too many srike threats, bloody good defense (sometimes).

If AW plays the youngsters at least Stack, Clichy, Ali, Bently, Cesc I will be really impressed by him. he may bow to pressure from the board to win a trophy though.

Anyone know how much the TV rights are for this Cup? I take it it's under a million rather than millions.

Bloody good fun though, no pressure and we don't mind if we lose.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
quattro said:
lol at Sp**s... merry christmas

Indeed. This was their only real chance of a trophy this season....whilst we don't care much about this competition.......yet we've progressed further then them.

JGooner

how much money is the carling cup worth? i know a few years ago the prize money was higher than for the FA cup. if this is still true, we should seriously consider playing a full strength team to make sure we pick up the fat cheque. every million helps, you know.

Arsenal316

Yeah, like Wenger will field his best line-up for cash.....that'll never happen. :roll:

If he does, it'll be because he actually cares passionately about winning the Cup, which I doubt will happen.

The second-team has gotten us this far. I say it's their tournament to win, and their tournament to lose. End of story.

A.Hussain

true, clichy, stackie are def to get in the starting line up.....as well as aliadiere... im not too sure about bentley or cesc. theyll prolly get sub roles. i also wanna see either of papad or quincy as well but not too sure how that will happen... also wonder if wenger will continue to give wiltord a run out....

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Personally I hope Wenger plays his strongest possible line-up. We've got this far now...we might as well win the damn cup. With our full team we can easily beat Boro, Bolton and the Villa but our kids might struggle. Anyhow it should be fun playing Boro three times in 2 1/2 weeks.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom