• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlo Cudicini

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal interest in Cudicini?

The Gunners are also believed to want Chelsea's Carlo Cudicini to solve their goalkeeping crisis. (News of the World)

Canuck

Established Member
I believe this topic has come and gone already. Cudicini's a solid keeper, but is he that much better than Lehmann or Almunia (who I haven't seen play yet...)???
He's no Cech, that's for sure. That guy is a machine!

Rapid88

Cudicini's a solid keeper, but is he that much better than Lehmann or Almunia (who I haven't seen play yet...)???
He's no Cech, that's for sure. That guy is a machine!

I agree.A good keeper and I dont think he is any better than Lehmann. I still dont know why we are linked with keepers all the time. I think we are ok for a couple of seasons until we find a truly great keeper to come in.( If there is one of course )

Gunner4life09

yeah i started a post about Cudicini a while ago, i have to disagree with you Rapid98 i think he is substancially better than Lehman and i would love to see him as the Arsenal no.1. Aluminia should last night that he's just another avarage keeper who probably wouldn't make the cut as no.1 at arsenal. Cudicini would be a great option as he is probably willing to leave chelsea and he wouldn't come expensive either.

Gooner4Life

To be honest, I really want this transfer to happen in January, I have always admired Cudicini, he is in my opinion in the top 3 in the league, he is world class and I would love him to join us.

Rapid88

Gunner4life09 said:
yeah i started a post about Cudicini a while ago, i have to disagree with you Rapid98 i think he is substancially better than Lehman and i would love to see him as the Arsenal no.1. Aluminia should last night that he's just another avarage keeper who probably wouldn't make the cut as no.1 at arsenal. Cudicini would be a great option as he is probably willing to leave chelsea and he wouldn't come expensive either.

Saying he is 'substancially' better I think is a bit much.Do you really think that with Cudicini in goal, Arsenal would concede less goals? I dont. I want to see a no.1 keeper that 'saves points' for the team. Like Schmeical did for munure at his peak.
Anyway Im sure I read somewhere that he didnt want to leave Chelsea

Sammer

Established Member
I agree with Rapid 88. Lehmann and Cudicini are in the same league in my view.

But Czech really is impressive. In my view absolutely the best keeper in the EPL, and definately up in the worlds top three. Brilliant buy from Chelsea.

I would like to see a long-term keeper after this or next season.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
How old is Cudicini? I'm sure he's not thirty yet. He would be very good business for £3m-£4m in my opinion.

seb_afc

Established Member
i'd love to see cuducini as our number one. i think hes much better than jens or almunia. and he'll have an extra hatred for chelsea as they dropped him :twisted: but id still like to see stuart taylor given a run. he did well when he played all those millions of years ago.

A

Anonymous

Yeah Stu Taylor should come back into our ranks after Lehmann leaves.
Probably second or even first choice depending on Almunia.

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
I agree with Rapid 88. Lehmann and Cudicini are in the same league in my view.

But Czech really is impressive. In my view absolutely the best keeper in the EPL, and definately up in the worlds top three. Brilliant buy from Chelsea.

I would like to see a long-term keeper after this or next season.

I personally rate Cudicini higher than Jens also the fact that he hasn't even turned 30 yet (I think) would make his a good signing as he would give us more than just 2 years.

Top Bottom